Home Forums TV, Film & Radio Your Honour

Mark1961 Posted 12 months ago
Your Honour

Just finished watching the series which was on Sky Atlantic,starring Bryan Cranston.It was a slow paced story,which worked really well,drawing you into the characters lives.You could well get hooked in seeing how it all works out.

1 like & 8 replies
    • Rainy days and Mondays 1st June 2021 at 1:30 pm

Didn’t see the end coming at all

• Colin in Kent 2nd June 2021 at 11:03 am

It’s an interesting parallel with his character of Walter White in Breaking Bad. Both are moral and good men, who take one step from the straight and narrow to protect their family, and before you know it they have abandoned all moral and ethical sense, and commit crime after crime in a downward spiral. If ever stories were made to confirm ‘the road to Hell is paved with good intentions’, it is these.

I enjoyed the ongoing storyline, very tense, but felt it ended too abruptly, with many unresolved sub plots. But I guess that was the point of the last episode.

• Mark1961 3rd June 2021 at 12:22 am

True Colin,sometimes its best to finish leaving the viewer wondering about the other plotlines,have seen a few shows come back for a another series and lose the flow of the story.

• Colin in Kent 3rd June 2021 at 10:04 am

Yes, that’s a very good point. At this distance I realise the point was the journey and how it finished, the subplots were irrelevant once his downfall became complete.

Talking of coming back, I’m somewhat dreading but still looking forward to the return of Dexter. It was one of my favourite shows in its earlier days, but the last season, and particularly the last episode, was so awful that it remains probably the worst series ending I’ve ever seen. Everyone associated with the comeback have acknowledged that, and are looking to turn things around, but we’ll see.

• Rainy days and Mondays 3rd June 2021 at 8:11 am

True, sometimes they add series after series and each one is less than the one before

Add