Home Forums Health Your favourite form of exercise atm ….

Dc forever Posted 1 year ago
Your favourite form of exercise atm ….
3 likes & 73 replies
    • Aggyagus 16th January 2021 at 8:39 am

I like to run, well jog.. however have an injury at the moment, can’t wait to see the physio on Tuesday 😁😁

• CAlexM 16th January 2021 at 1:47 pm

Walking… Along the Avon, without my phone, every day, 10,000 steps… Even when it’s raining… Keeps me sane 😊

• Treetopmanfit 26th January 2021 at 9:47 pm

I think its a great idea not having your phone so you can have some time off for peace of mind

• CAlexM 27th January 2021 at 7:30 am

Absolutely. It also means I can dodge those who walk while staring at their little screens!! 😊

The only downside is sometimes I wish I had a camera…

• Walkie 16th January 2021 at 4:59 pm

Walking is my favourite hobby. There’s nothing better than walking along taking in the lovely sights and improving my health at the same time.

• amarlow 16th January 2021 at 8:27 pm

I love walking and I’m doing the challenge to walk 1000 miles in 2021. I have done the challenge for the last 2 years. See http://www.walk1000miles.co.uk

I also love working on my alllotment and miss it at this time of year when it’s too wet to do anything.

• beichris 17th January 2021 at 12:31 pm

Nordic walking. Try to get out most days. Cycling when the weather isn’t so grim and of course the garden. Nordic walking is such a great workout. Anyone else use it to keep fit?

• Greenie 18th January 2021 at 10:14 am

Walking, cycling in good weather and Pilates.

• Philly 18th January 2021 at 1:22 pm

We are all so very fit. Keeps us sane at the moment. Take care

• Puffin007 23rd January 2021 at 5:21 pm

Hi all, walking everyday a few miles at least, spin bike once or twice a week and a mix of yoga and Pilates in small snippets through the day🙂

• VFP 23rd January 2021 at 5:40 pm

I walk my cocker spaniel twice a day and also spend time in the garden every day playing with her. I threw the ball so much I hurt my arm (I think it’s tendonitis) and if it ever heals I will start using the kettlebell I bought ages ago.

• Lolly_50 23rd January 2021 at 5:57 pm

http://www.thesixpackrevoloution.com is by far the best exercise and nutrition program going! Fast life changing results in 75 days. BOOM 💥

• Lesley EW 24th January 2021 at 1:22 pm

I hurt my ankle in September and its not getting much better at the moment so my favorite workout for now is chair cardio by a women named Caroline Jordan on You Tube. It’s tough as she does workouts specifically for people with lower body injuries rather then workouts for beginners or the elderly. I also do upper body strength training with another women on You Tube called Sydney Cummings. These are both free workouts. Sydney Cummings puts up a new workout everyday. She is very enthusiastic and highly motivating.

• NeilP 24th January 2021 at 1:26 pm

Dog walking, cycling and pilates

• No time to read… 24th January 2021 at 6:41 pm

Alternating home yoga and Pilates, urban walking (unfortunately…) and dancing in the kitchen.

• Donna63 24th January 2021 at 8:20 pm

At the moment I do walking and love swing jive classes and tea dances to but covid has put a stop to that one, so just taken up winter sea swimming…so revitalising 🥶🤣🤣

• Kathy Flower 24th January 2021 at 9:33 pm

Walking and Pilates. Joined an online pilates group which is fabulous. Has a large library of short sessions that you can fit in….

• KayDanceStyleSparkle 25th January 2021 at 1:19 pm

Dancing!

We have two weekly “rest less” Zoom classes: Wednesday afternoons at 15:00 and Friday evenings at 19:30. Short, easy to follow routines based on beautiful dances from all over the world. Suitable for all levels. No need to have taken part in a dance class or and exercise class before. We have over 30 styles of dance to choose from.

In the safety of our own homes, yet still enjoying the company of like-minded people who share a love of dance. We do not need partners or a lot of space.

This week we will be dancing Bachata and Cha-Cha-Cha from the Caribbean, Jive from the United States, Bollywood from India, Slow Waltz from Vienna and maybe one or two more styles. I’m so looking forward to teaching the sassy Salsa very soon.

Further information from

[email protected]

Full health and safety procedures are followed. You would need to be able to complete and return a Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire in the form of a word document.

Let’s dance!

😊

• Treetopmanfit 25th January 2021 at 5:53 pm

climbing trees freestyle or back to earth Sprinting on uneven ground caveman style

• KayDanceStyleSparkle 26th January 2021 at 1:11 pm

Happy Tuesday, Lovely “rest less” Peeps”!

I hope everyone is well.

Dancing is an excellent form of exercise and a fantastic way to stay healthy.

I’m busy planning this week’s “rest less” dance classes. Such fun on an otherwise dull, damp Tuesday!

😊

• Gary K 16th September 2021 at 8:37 am

Walking, around an hour every other day circuit training, light dumb bells/high reps, and body weight, with C2 rower, swim once or twice a week.

• Always 16th September 2021 at 8:41 am

Hula hooping! Love it!

• Louise F 20th September 2021 at 7:49 pm

Good old fashioned walking, plus yoga. Oh and I also horse ride / shovel their poo 🤣🐎💩

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 21st September 2021 at 6:46 am

I’ve got a ton of weight to lose so am doing Slimming World… but exercise-wise, I’m finding 30mins on a treadmill, 5 days a week is working for me. Would love to do badminton/table tennis, and I’ve heard Tai Chi is great too – it’s just finding venues in Southampton.

• Swimble 28th September 2021 at 10:20 am

I love to walk with a podcast. I have always loved swimming and last year started swimming outdoors through winter anywhere I could! People have remarked this year how well I looked (even taking into account being a healthcare worker and working overtime the whole of the last 18 months!)

• Shirlann 28th September 2021 at 12:31 pm

Brisk walking with the dog😁

• AdrianSF 29th September 2021 at 8:04 am

I have never been able to but I wish I could dance
      Anyone feel like teaching me please ?

• SelsdonLion 29th September 2021 at 10:39 am

Pilates and Yoga have pretty much stopped my lower back problems over the last 5 years and there’s a nice social aspect to it too. Also enjoy a good walk

• IAMDebs 16th November 2021 at 8:49 am

Tai chi and Qigong

• Optimistic 16th November 2021 at 9:07 am

Walking through woods with my dog

• Staying Alive 16th November 2021 at 9:42 am

Go to my local gym at least four times a week
      Mondays Boot Camp followed by yoga and a swim
      Tuesday Zumba dance
      Wednesday dance Aqua
      Thursday Weight training
      Friday Aqua fit
      And then at the weekends