Archer62 Posted 1 year ago
Writing

Has anyone had a go at writing a novel, story.

1 like & 17 replies
    • Deleted User 15th January 2021 at 8:22 am

I am at the moment.

• Rainbows Penpal 15th January 2021 at 8:40 am

Tried 3 in my time, all rejected! They’re still sitting in a bottom drawer somewhere. Maybe I should get them out, edit and try again …..?

• redman 15th January 2021 at 9:19 am

i was in writing group, have written children stories and short peices in poetry group as well on line pat somerset

• Donia 15th January 2021 at 3:05 pm

I did, but NY English it’s not brilliant yet,still tryed to write about my young age, I miss those times!

• Donia 15th January 2021 at 3:05 pm

Sorry, my English

• Curt James 15th January 2021 at 4:28 pm

Not a novel, but screenwriting. Written a few now.

• Deleted User 15th January 2021 at 5:06 pm

Hi

Yes, At the start of lockdown I had good intentions of reviewing lots of previous work. I was quite prolific in my 50s lol

I think that if you feel you have something to say: find a medium you feel comfortable with – short stories, scripts, verse, text, composition, comic book, whatever – and just start.

I’m visual so screen writing is my main area. But of course until they are produced no-one sees film scripts. My thought was to turn my short films, etc into story form.

Motivation is a real problem!! I need help here. Any suggestions.

Annella

• Archer62 15th January 2021 at 6:04 pm

I find it hard to clear time to get my writing cap on, but when I do I get great satisfaction.

Would love to write a script Anella

• Deleted User 15th January 2021 at 6:19 pm

Yes, lol Procrastination is an issue – probably because you know once you start writing you can be there for hours – and hours.

Writing is a lockdown on it’s own, especially if you are really enjoying it.

Annella

• Archer62 15th January 2021 at 6:32 pm

Annella what do you enjoy writing about the most?

My first effort into writing developed into a crime thriller based in my work surroundings which happens to be a hospital in mid Wales. Using characters based on colleagues.

• Deleted User 15th January 2021 at 7:02 pm

Hi, Hard for me to categorise. Although I could loosley put my scripts into, “Weird”, kitchen sink drama, sitcoms and thrillers.

I’m action led, rather than character – but I am
      bit more interested in characters now. Probably not enough. Think, the film Waterworld, rather than Coronation Street.

Everyone is different. Writing is BIG lol

Annella

• Deleted User 15th January 2021 at 7:31 pm

Ps Would your colleagues recognise themselves?

• Archer62 15th January 2021 at 10:50 pm

Annella have you ever given friends excerpts of your work to give feedback.
      I have been quite protective of my work so I haven’t let anyone read my work.

• Deleted User 16th January 2021 at 12:15 pm

Hi I used to go on all sorts of short courses and I went to a 10 week course at the university where I wrote my first short film. No-one on the course liked my work probably because it wasnt what they expected but the tutor told me to send it to Channel 4 – so I did. To my surprise they liked it, in fact two of my scripts were on the table for production but in the end they didnt go ahead. The point is, listen to friends: but follow your gut feeling.

Theres a place for everything. People who like red, might hate yellow.

Annella

• Lizzib 16th January 2021 at 7:47 pm

I’ve written a novel. Had some feedback and working on that. Don’t know if I will put it forward for publishing, it was primarily for my enjoyment. The same with a collection of short stories.

Add