Home Forums Local Groups England Hampshire Would you refuse to wear a mask during covid if yo...

Christopher Brennan Posted 1 year ago
Would you refuse to wear a mask during covid if you had no health problems

1 like & 17 replies
    • debbiejay 15th August 2020 at 12:51 pm

No, because you could still be infectious even without any symptoms, and you could be unwittingly infecting other people if you weren’t wearing a mask.  I get that they are not very pleasant to wear, but except for people who have a medical reason for not wearing one, my view is it is selfish to refuse.

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 15th August 2020 at 10:10 pm

I am wearing it wherever I am supposed to. Although it was so hot lately, I wouldn’t stop wearing it.

• vshovelton1 15th August 2020 at 11:33 pm

If I had perfect Health, I could think of no reason whatsoever as to why I would  not wearing a mask

• Deleted User 16th August 2020 at 9:27 am

Always wear a mask, better to be safe than sorry.  Its the right thing to do for yourself and others.

• hawthorn2004 23rd August 2020 at 9:23 am

No. Unless there are reasons why you are unable to wear a mask, what is the issue with wearing one? It’s become quite the fashion statement and there are some very creative ones. Benefits for women are that we don’t have to put foundation or lipstick on!!

• celiawinstanley 25th August 2020 at 11:12 am

I work in a food takeaway and probably 60% of customers don’t wear masks. I’ve given up asking people to wear one now because of the abuse we get. Luckily we do have a screen.

• Missy 3rd October 2020 at 10:02 am

I will wear one when ever I have to. Now with the cooler weather it’s not too bad.

• Luigi 4th October 2020 at 2:24 pm

No 1 can’t stand wearing it – but will wear it. I get why it matters – it’s not rocket science -it’s consideration for those you  share this  planet with

• AmandaA58 7th October 2020 at 9:07 am

I am asthmatic and although exempt, will always wear one. I think it is a necessity at the moment. Those that feel they don’t need or want to are extremely selfish and are not thinking of those around them.

• Jemmeroni 20th October 2020 at 9:14 am

I have my reservations about the management of the crisis but that’s not a reason not to wear a mask. It can’t do any harm and it might be a factor in stopping any spread of the virus.

• SteveBrooks 27th October 2020 at 11:20 am

I Don’t have respiratory problems but I still wear a mask where I have to. If there is a chance it will protect someone else, why wouldn’t I wear one. Even if they don’t do any good, they can’t do any harm. My wife works in a care home and she has to wear one all day at work, even if she is in the office working on the computer. We don’t wear them at work but if it was obligatory then I would.

• Mick.B. 1st November 2020 at 10:37 am

Not at all, I value my life far too much.

• Bundy 2nd May 2021 at 1:42 pm

No, the mask doesn’t protect the wearer, it’s for the benefit of others. I wouldn’t do anything intentionally that would cause anyone else harm.

• Madspet 27th September 2021 at 2:48 pm

I don’t refuse to wear the masks. In public places is a high probability of getting COVID. I don’t understand people who are refusing to wear masks in markets when employees ask them to. I saw two big incidents about wearing a mask in public; people are going crazy. If you are surrounded by people who refuse to wear masks, the N95 mask protects you better than a cloth-made mask. I have been using the N95 mask(https://pandemicpal.net/n95-masks-coronavirus-covid-19/), high protection models, for a long time and don’t care about *refusers* if they want to put the life and life of their families in danger; it is their choice.

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 14th October 2021 at 2:21 pm

Face covering exempt. I have no choice. Means I cant visit my GP of course, and prevented me from going to most shops during the mask enforcement.

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 14th October 2021 at 2:24 pm

All these people who believe everything the medical experts tell them about how face masks protect people from infection, might like to spend a few seconds away from pious preaching and consider how prevalent deadly infections are in hospitals, and how many people die due to pneumonia etc contracted following operations. If the “experts” are so clever, why do they infect so many patients in hospital?

See, told you I was neurodiverse!

Add