Home Forums Travel Would anyone like to be in a travel club? Obviousl...

Merton Posted 1 year ago
Would anyone like to be in a travel club? Obviously when we can travel again safely Im thinking about maybe getting a good sized AirBnB In another country for a month at a time

A different country every year.

63 likes & 66 replies
    • LynO 25th October 2020 at 6:47 pm

Hi, I would definitely be interested, have used Airbnb loads, and being single would be great to have people to travel with, keep me in the loop,

Lyn

• Countrygirl 28th October 2020 at 9:28 am

That sounds great and a month is a good time to Get good deals and also to explore an area.

• minaptl 28th October 2020 at 12:30 pm

Definitely interested, recently retired and looking to make the most of my time travelling and making friends.

• beichris 28th October 2020 at 9:59 pm

Would love to be part of this. Looking forward to travelling again and good to have people to be with.

• DebA 29th October 2020 at 8:07 pm

Brilliant idea. Keep me posted.

• Deleted User 18th January 2021 at 2:54 am

Yes Put me on tje list.

• Merton 18th January 2021 at 4:53 pm

Probably 2022. But i will post again.

• MaryS 19th January 2021 at 9:42 am

Count me in

• Dutch Sonja 19th January 2021 at 11:16 am

Having left my Aviation career after 32 year it has not diminished my passion for exploring. Having lived in this country for a long time I am embarrassed to say I have not explored it as much as I should have but would love to get to know the UK better. So if there is something organised in the UK I would be interested.

• Deleted User 20th January 2021 at 4:25 am

I have always thought it would be wonderful to live in hotels around the world – when things got stale, move on. Lol Owning a holiday home never appealed. But not being a millionaire Airb&b seems a wonderful alternative. The only problem is, I know from experience that being alone in an apartment can be very lonley after 6pm, so having a group of travellers seems ideal. Annella

• Sandyg 20th January 2021 at 4:37 am

would be fabulous.Those of us still working though will be unlikely to make a whole month…but if it can be split into weeks would be brilliant

• Anthonio 25th January 2021 at 6:35 pm

Sounds amazing! Keep me posted too.
      I guess people who are interested will suggest destinations and budgeting parameters. It will require some planning for sure!

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 26th January 2021 at 6:05 pm

Sounds like a Plan!

• Cherryinwiltshire 26th January 2021 at 10:54 pm

Yes, sounds a great idea.

• Pamy 27th January 2021 at 3:01 am

Yes sounds fun

• siandeve15 1st February 2021 at 7:32 am

When I said “let’s start a travel club”.
      I men’t more for me to advise you on your travel plans.
      As I have travelled all over the world for in excess of 40 years.
      (Not continually)
      During my many independent travels I’ve aquimated a vast amount of extremely useful information in many situations not least
      A huge amount of unique stories 👌
      If you are seeking travel related advice just ask me most anything.
      We are serious independent globetrotters who’ve visited all 7 continents.

• Kazzy62 1st February 2021 at 11:15 am

Sounds very tempting lol but r u genuine?

• siandeve15 1st February 2021 at 5:38 pm

I’m far to busy to tell tall tales.
      What sort of proof would you like?

• EnglishgirlinWales 3rd February 2021 at 10:22 am

This sounds like a great idea!
      However (Sorry) a UK based accommodation provider, can I please ask that you maybe use the likes of Air or B.con to find the place you fancy and to check availability etc but then try to find the chosen accommodation online and book directly with the owners. I don’t want to make assumptions on whether or not anyone is aware as I’m sure some are – although I find many are not, but these OTA’s charge a massive commission rate, it’s hidden in the price – by design – so you may never realise, they typically charge between 15 & 25% in commission and on a large booking such as this the commission will be an astronomical amount. In these challenging times we are so so grateful for all direct bookings and I for one always go above and beyond for anyone who has taken the time to help support my business to recover after a disastrous last 12 months.
      Watching to see how this works out as I think it is a fabulous idea.

• Cerie’s time4travel 15th August 2021 at 1:15 pm

I think that is a very sweeping statement, not all ITA’ s take a high commission, some people prefer the security of ABTA protection in case things go wrong and some owners don’t want to deal directly with consumers they prefer a layer of protection provided by a third party. Many properties and holidays (though not all) have the commission built in so it does t matter if you book yourself or through an agent the price is the same. I would always make my customer aware if they could book it cheaper directly.

• MummyPat 4th February 2021 at 11:30 pm

Yes sounds interesting keep me in the loop please

• Merton 5th February 2021 at 1:28 am

Hi everyone. It looks like travel abroad will be off limits for the next 4 months. Any suggestions for April 2022? Pick a country may be best to drive there so maybe France? A house /chateaux? I think 10 rooms? For 30 days?

• Sunset 11th August 2021 at 9:28 am

Count me in

• Brighton Belle 12th August 2021 at 5:55 am

As long as its somewhere hot…..

• Chris61 12th August 2021 at 7:05 am

Yes interested couldn’t do a month as work and other commitments great to meet new people

• Taylor 12th August 2021 at 10:05 am

Yes, count me in👍🏽

• Sandy M 12th August 2021 at 2:47 pm

yes i would be interested , also poss 2 center holl?

• Cerie’s time4travel 12th August 2021 at 4:22 pm

I have sent you a on about organising

• Minesagsd 13th August 2021 at 7:28 am

Yes , definitely! Although couldn’t do a month , as yet anyway

• Merton 16th August 2021 at 1:31 pm

Please join this Single Traveller group. With regards to the monthly rental of a big house in different places. Thanks 🙏
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/262445308761873/🍹

• Boby 11th October 2021 at 8:16 am

Nice thoughts! I was desperately looking for someone to spend my vacations with, but I hardly have any friends as a divorced and jobless man. I am friendly and thoughtful, but I fucked my life and need a new change or a retreat. Feel free to announce to me when you are organizing the trip. I remember traveling with my children using https://yourtravelitinerary.com/destination for good deals on hotels, car rents, and tourist attractions, but I am not in the mood and motivated to plan any vacation. I hope you will receive me in your small community.

Add