Home Forums Local Groups England Staffordshire Wild About Nature In Staffordshire

• Wild About Nature In Staffordshire

I started Wild About Nature because I want to get as many people enjoying the great outdoors as possible. Through short organised walks, I hope to introduce you to what the countryside has to offer and to show you interesting wildlife and other things you might not normally find or see. Above all, I want to help more people to embrace the physical and mental rewards of reconnecting with nature.

I’ve seen for myself the incredible therapeutic benefits of getting out and about. My own experiences with nature therapy began when I was diagnosed with functional neurological disorder, which can cause me either to become unconscious or to have non-epileptic seizures. One way to control this condition is to avoid stress as much as possible, and that’s how I came to realise how calm and relaxed I feel when I’m out in the countryside and with nature surrounding me.

Stress is something we all suffer from, but getting out for a walk puts everything into perspective. It’s not just good exercise; the fresh air and beautiful surroundings fill you with a sense of wellbeing. Whether you’re young or young at heart, I’d love you to join me in discovering everything that nature has to offer – whether on one of my organised walks or on a ramble of your own.

I have started a group and in the future to run organise walks to introduce everyone the wonders and delights of what nature & wildlife has to offer.

Attachments:
    Posted by Anonymous User
    • Reply by AshF

Hello, great idea trying to get more people interested in nature as we seem to be less in tune with it as a society than ever before. Interested in getting on board!

• Reply by beverly.henderson2208

The Chase has 2 types of deer to see they are truly beautiful. I can drive as my symptoms are different to yours so if you want to come over to the Chase I could give you a lift. Face mask supplied.

• Reply by Anonymous User

Hi Beverly, yes that would be lovely, I believe we may be in for a bit more bad weather over the the next few weeks, what about going for the middle or end of October time. Let me have some dates that work for you and I’m sure I can fit in somewhere, also could I interest you in walk around Doxey Marshes, its a Staffordshire Wildlife trust reserve, nice and flat, generally dry but has been underwater this year due to the rain.  I described it as a photography walk but anyone can come.  It for a max of 6 people so we stick to the rules and is all outside.  The link is below

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/121956572391

Have a lovely day, and if you ever fancy a zoom or chat let me know.

Regards Phil.

• Reply by beverly.henderson2208

I also suffer from  FND and finding even a ride through the Cannock Chase  which is just behind my home especially this year it takes my breath away particularly as the trees are just turning. I used to like to stop and sketch but the council are stopping this in order to charge everywhere for parking. But a beautiful place to see wildlife  birds and the changes in forna and flora ea h year.

Hi,

I’m sorry to hear you also suffer from FND, its a dreadful condition to have as we both know. Yes Cannock Chase is a lovely place I’ve been a few times while living in Stafford but not enough.  The idea behind what I want to do is get more people out and about enjoy what the Stafford area has to offer in the forms of guided walks and to get local groups such as the Bat group to arrange a guided walk and to tell us all about bats and how they live and feed etc, but also to do local walks etc which are small, I certainly will not be able to do long ones but to have an interest and to hopefully finish at a local tearoom for tea & cake, or local pub for lunch. Unfortunately due to the present situation a lot of the groups are not doing any type of events so most are on hold, what I have arrange os a photography walk around Doxey Marshes for 6 people the tickets and advert is on my FB page (https://www.facebook.com/WildAboutNatureAndWildlife) and can be sorted via eventbrite, but my main aim is to make it free if we can or a very small charge if I cannot.  But the main aim is to get out into nature and see what it has to offer and I’m sure we will all feel a whole lot better for it.

Have a lovely day if you are interested I can keep you up to date with anything I set up, and to be honest I will all advertise via this community as well.

Regards Phil Evans

• Reply by ffionnaw

Hi

This sounds a wonderful idea – whereabouts in Staffs are you?

The idea behind what I want to do is get more people out and about enjoy what the Stafford area has to offer in the forms of guided walks and to get local groups such as the Bat group to arrange a guided walk and to tell us all about bats and how they live and feed etc, but also to do local walks etc which are small, I certainly will not be able to do long ones but to have an interest and to hopefully finish at a local tearoom for tea & cake, or local pub for lunch. Unfortunately due to the present situation a lot of the groups are not doing any type of events so most are on hold, what I have arrange os a photography walk around Doxey Marshes for 6 people the tickets and advert is on my FB page (https://www.facebook.com/WildAboutNatureAndWildlife) and can be sorted via eventbrite, but my main aim is to make it free if we can or a very small charge if I cannot.  But the main aim is to get out into nature and see what it has to offer and I’m sure we will all feel a whole lot better for it

The walks etc will be around the Stafford only area, sorry I don’t drive but I feel if has plenty to offer.

Have a lovely day if you are interested I can keep you up to date with anything I set up, and to be honest I will also advertise via this community as well.

Regards Phil Evans

• Reply by ffionnaw

Hi Phil

i’m not far from Stafford- brilliant!
          What you’ve got in mind is exactly the sort of thing I’ve been looking for. Not just over the last few months either. Combining a gentle local  stroll, with time to ‘stop n stare’, with likeminded folk……what’s not to like?
          Please keep me informed.

Best Wishes

Fiona

Hi Fiona,

Could I interest you in walk around Doxey Marshes, its a Staffordshire Wildlife trust reserve, nice and flat, generally dry but has been underwater this year due to the rain.  I described it as a photography walk but anyone can come.  It for a max of 6 people so we stick to the rules and is all outside.  The link is below

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/121956572391

Have a lovely day, and if you ever fancy a zoom or chat let me know.

Regards Phil.

Add