Home Forums Music Who’s you favourite musician?

MargaretMags Posted 1 year ago
Who’s you favourite musician?

Hi. I’m New to this website. Any other Bruce Springsteen fans here? I live in Bronte country, West Yorkshire.

9 likes & 103 replies
    • Jarkm 26th February 2021 at 12:27 am

It’s always been Bowie and roxy for me. Also a bit obsessed with Tom Waits.

• Deleted User 27th February 2021 at 1:02 am

Far too hard to choose so would go with my Favourite live performances in no particular order :
      Stereophonics – Cardiff Castle
      Oasis -Millennium stadium Cardiff
      Rolling Stones – Southampton
      Wildhearts – many places

• George 4th March 2021 at 12:39 pm

Jack Savoretti, seen him 5 times and met him in person as a treat or my 60th Birthday, a real gentleman, superb live with his band or solo with piano or acoustic guitar, roll on Summer to be able to see him again hopefully.

• MargaretMags 4th March 2021 at 1:00 pm

I was due to see him then lockdown cancelled it and the new date I was away so had to cancel. Maybe one day..

• Gardener52 11th March 2021 at 9:09 am

Bowie , Mark Bolan ,van the man Morrison and if I’m in a certain frame of mind ..the amazing Sandy Denny and nick drake – sadly a lot are dead !

• Carol.L 11th March 2021 at 9:36 am

Crowded House, brilliant band, James Taylor, Adele, Beatles, Fleetwood Mac and many,many others too numerous to mention!

• Gill B 11th March 2021 at 8:52 pm

Great part of the world, I just won’t mention the Haworth wheel clampers (not a folk band) .. I do love a bit Springsteen but tastes are very diverse!

• Deleted User 12th March 2021 at 8:00 am

Calvin Harris 🎧🎧

• Deleted User 17th March 2021 at 7:11 am

It depends on what I feel like listen to.
      I have been listening to John Lennon quite a bit recently.
      My all time favourite album is Quadraphinia though, from about age 14 🤩

• Richie 17th March 2021 at 9:21 am

I have a very eclectic taste in music and like a good number of musicians but Chris Rea, Francis Cabrel (French) and Jean Jacques Goldman (again French) are favourites

• Gardener52 17th March 2021 at 9:35 am

Great question …singer would be Florence welch ( Florence and the machine ) …this does change monthly !

• GeorgieOak 17th March 2021 at 10:03 am

Listen to lots of different stuff. Acoustic stuff is usually good. Currently listening to bits from Florence & The Machine, Fiona Apple, Carole King, Fleetwood Mac, Amy Winehouse, Frank Sinatra, Tom Hingley, Simon & Garfunkel. Pick n mix, all the time !

• lyricallucy 18th March 2021 at 5:22 pm

Big Blues fan here, also love rock, the late Eddie Van Halen was my hero. I created a cake of his guitar as a tribute 🙂

• GrahamMac53 19th March 2021 at 2:04 pm

Hi .

I’m new here too and also a massive Springsteen fan for 40 years.

Seen him live many times.

• CockneyRebel 19th March 2021 at 4:06 pm

Mine has to be Toyah….. & ….. David Essex Two extremes i know. lol..

• Mild Mavis 25th March 2021 at 10:32 am

Probably Miles Davis for his music but he wasn’t a particularly nice person. There are just so many though; so many great composers and so many great jazz musicians. Big fan of Art Pepper but again a wonderful musician but not the best person. John Coltrane was a great musician and a good person despite his early dalliance with drugs. I love Martha Argerich, Mitsuko Uchida, Hilary Hahn, Andras
      Schiff and Isabelle Faust to name but a few, however there’s so many great youngsters in jazz and classical that it would be difficult to pick ten let alone one. In rock and pop there are not many I rate today though I do really like The Tedeschi Trucks Band and Shelby Lynne. BTW music is my passion.
      Bruce Springsteen I believe is a great guy but most of his music doesn’t do much for me.

• brereton59 24th May 2021 at 8:45 am

Can’t beat some of the great violinists. Yehudi Menuhin and Stephan Grappelli playing Jazz together were great. Today Nigel Kennedy is probably one of the best as hes so versatile using Jazz, Gypsy, Eastern European and Jimi Hendrix in his music.

• JoanSmith 25th March 2021 at 4:00 pm

Dr Feelgood gets my vote everytime – they have lasted a lot of years and still rocking on – can’t wait to see them again in November

• Kasey 29th April 2021 at 2:11 pm

ELO

• Nick Tilling 20th May 2021 at 5:24 pm

Mikio Fujioka or Ko Gami (little god) as he was sometimes known. The best when it came to guitar shredding. The poor man died in an accident at the ridiculously young age of 36. Gone too soon.

• George W 20th May 2021 at 5:53 pm

For that Saturday night feeling it has to be Blues guitarist and Singer RL Burnside… always gets me going .
      Sunday morning Joni Mitchel or Bill Evans.
      Rest of the week can be anything but currently listening Nick Cave, David Sylvian, Tom Waits and Cabaret Voltaire .

• Colin in Kent 20th May 2021 at 6:21 pm

Steven Wilson. A musical prodigy who was in half a dozen bands simultaneously, most of which were his, his main act was Porcupine Tree, which he started as a joke (he submitted two tracks to a compilation cassette of psychedelic music, and he pretended that ‘The Porcupine Tree’ had been contemporary with early Pink Floyd, but never quite got the breaks and disbanded. There was such a good reaction he was asked if he had more material, or knew surviving members, and eventually he came clean and admitted he was writing it in his bedroom). Porcupine Tree went from strength to strength through the 90s, evolving into a real band when he needed to play live, and transitioning through various styles, from late 60s psychedelic rock, to 70s Floydian excess, progressive rock to psych pop and even entire improvised albums. The breakthrough came with 2002’s In Absentia when the band moved into progressive metal (influenced by Opeth, whose albums he was producing). Then there was a string of exceptional albums, at the same time as which he was putting out albums as No Man, Blackfield (collaboration with Israeli singer Aviv Geffen), Storm Corrosion (collaboration with Opeth’s Mikael Åkerfeldt, remastering all of King Crimson’s albums, and producing others.

At the height of their success in 2010 he put the band into permanent hibernation and went solo, and has since produced a string of eclectic and critically acclaimed albums ranging from everything from rock and pop to jazz fusion, and his latest is a homage to 80s electronica.

For me, I was at a low point in my life when I bought In Absentia on a whim, looking for something new, and simply couldn’t believe what I heard. I’d love Britpop, and was a huge fan of Noel Gallagher (still am), but In Absentia was the sort of thing I’d grown up with, and didn’t expect to hear again in the modern day, or in a new iteration. It really does deserve to stand against any of the great 70s rock albums.

That’s enough rambling from me.

Second favourite – Neil Hannon. Or Kate Bush. Or Justin Currie. Noel Gallagher. Lisa Gerrard. I don’t know.

• mr.jdb 20th May 2021 at 7:35 pm

Bruce Springsteen is the best! The E Street band are phenomenal. I’ve seen them
      live at least 20 times, including a couple of times in Paris. Bruce and the band never fail. From 1985 (Wembley, 4th of July) to Wembley Stadium in 2016. More than a concert, more an ‘event’. Now though, now that Bruce is nearly 72, i’d like to see all their great music in a smaller, more intimate setting. I’m only a few years behind Bruce and all those air guitar solos and fist pumps have taken their toll!

• HevF 20th May 2021 at 8:53 pm

Love Bon Jovi for their older stuff and Coldplay for anything they do. Best singer would have to be Freddie Mercury and Queen though, amazing voice, total showman and songs that will last several lifetimes.

• bobeastoe 24th May 2021 at 8:00 am

Bill Nelson of Be Bop Deluxe. Great guitarist. Always exploring.

• Heidi 24th May 2021 at 8:24 am

So many creative musicians- thank goodness, but to the top of my heart floatsTom Waits.

• Lou63 24th May 2021 at 2:00 pm

Love Bruce, but my favourite is Freddie Mercury.

• Cowanr 25th May 2021 at 8:32 am

Billy Joel, pre uptown girl, supertramp and my parents fav bit of grateful dead

• Tommy the cyclist 25th May 2021 at 9:51 am

Hi marg, you live in a lovely place, roll on summer he he,

• medsakord 24th November 2021 at 8:30 am

I have a broad taste in music, and it has always been hard for me to choose who’s my favorite musician. I would go with Tony Benett, though. I remember when I was at a wedding at one of these beautiful venues here https://cixada.co.uk/ibiza-weddings/musicians/ibiza-wedding-dj/ and heard his famous song ‘I left my heart in San Francisco’. I’ve heard about him before but couldn’t grasp the true beauty of his music. As soon as I arrived home, I bought his music and listened to his work all night while painting. It was very inspiring to me, as he is a painter too. I’m sorry to hear that he struggles with Alzheimer’s… but his music and talent will never die!

• June D 26th November 2021 at 9:28 am

Pink floyd and the rolling stones for me

Add