Home Forums TV, Film & Radio Who is the nicest man in Hollywood – Tom Han...

Vixster Posted 8 months ago
Who is the nicest man in Hollywood – Tom Hanks or Keanu Reeves?

Everyone says Tom Hanks is great to work with but there’s stories about Keanu Reeves buying Harley Davidsons for his stunt men in the Matrix, carrying luggage several blocks for someone who needed a hand, buying food and drink for homeless people. He sounds really nice!

3 likes & 29 replies
    • Marica 16th May 2021 at 4:02 pm

Having (sadly!!) not met either of them, it is hard to say . A lady I know said she heard some dubious things about Tom Hanks which sounded awful but I don’t believe her as she reads rubbish papers and takes things at face value and then will not be swayed as she is always “right”! But they both seem good guys , we will never know without being friends with them though

• Vixster 16th May 2021 at 5:13 pm

It’s interesting tho how much you can hear/read about some people but very little on others. Admittedly I’m not on social media, aside from this site, so get most of my info from news outlets including print (shock horror!).

• loislane 16th May 2021 at 4:11 pm

Keanu reeves, he’s a real gentleman

• Deleted User 16th May 2021 at 5:34 pm

They both seem to get really good press, as does Hugh Jackman, if I met him I think I’d pass out! 😍

• Marica 16th May 2021 at 5:45 pm

He seems lovely

• loislane 16th May 2021 at 5:49 pm

Love High Jackman, I’ve not heard totally good things about Hanks

• Susan43 23rd June 2021 at 3:28 pm

I had a tour guide in New York, who said Hugh Jackman was the most normal and nicest celeb he had ever met. Used to see him every morning taking his kids to school and always said hi. The guide didn’t even know who he was for about a year.
        Keanu took the time to play Hamlet in 1995 my very cold, wintery, and unimpressive home town of Winnipeg. He had a slew of blockbusters out already, but was never short of time to talk to anyone or sign autographs. I have the ultimate respect for him for that.

• PMcC 18th May 2021 at 11:26 am

A dead heat, I’d say. That said, I did leave “A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood” with wet eyes… not something you can say about “John Wick 3”

• Vixster 18th May 2021 at 2:25 pm

No although John Wick 1 did have a dead dog I recall. John Wick 3 was very funny I thought so you could cry with laughter? Tom Hanks films are quite nice but nothing of his would beat the Matrix.

• adeliza0165 26th May 2021 at 6:21 pm

Definitely Keanu – he always comes across as very decent and respectful.

• Gardener52 27th May 2021 at 8:09 am

No idea don’t know them personally like their work though and I’m guessing they are both decent chaps !

• Vinyet 27th August 2021 at 8:49 pm

Definitely Keanu Reeves. He is an excellent actor. I love John Wick, very good and funny movies. The Lake House with Sandra Bullock is beautiful. Matrix is great. Tom Hanks is really good actor too.

• A-J 28th August 2021 at 11:53 pm

Keanu Reeves – so many recounts of him doing lovely things for people and he seems to just quietly get on with it and his life. Plus, I am biased as I think he is completely sexy, hahaha!

• Dreamyboy 29th August 2021 at 7:47 am

Are we not in danger of mixing up the actor with the real person here though? I cannot for the life of me think of a film Tom Hanks has ever been in where he has been a nasty character – as far as I’m concerned he’s always a nice guy in anything he’s in, he always seems to avoid spiteful parts like the plague – off screen he could be a nasty piece of work – I do know Reeves has a reputation of being an unassuming person though.

• Vixster 29th August 2021 at 8:29 am

That is the point of my post really. I know nothing about Tom Hanks except his films whereas many people have recorded instances of Keanu being very helpful etc so interesting to find out what people think. It seems Keanu has the majority vote!

• Wildwood77 30th August 2021 at 3:23 pm

Keane Reeves. If half the things written about him are true, he’s a gent. No airs and graces, travels on public transport, gives loads away to charity.

• Deleted User 30th August 2021 at 3:30 pm

I find this difficult to answer as I don’t know either of them personally. However I would like to think its the gorgeous Keanu 😍

• Anna123 13th September 2021 at 9:04 am

It’s hard to tell because they are probably very nice people but my senses warm to Keanu.

• FranciD 13th September 2021 at 9:40 am

Keanu is a very decent man. He has not had an easy personal life. Tom has built a modern day Jimmy Stewart type persona so hard to know behind the veneer

• LeeG 13th September 2021 at 9:52 am

Would love to meet both but my preference would be Keanu, his dedication to the stunt work he performs is amazing.

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 13th September 2021 at 10:59 am

Tom Hanks

• Better World 13th September 2021 at 11:57 am

Don’t make me choose. Both seem to be nice guys.

• Better World 13th September 2021 at 12:02 pm

Please don’t make me choose. They are both nice in different ways.

• Dianeliz 19th September 2021 at 3:05 pm

I heard Tom Hanks on Desert Island Discs (😳🤭) He gets my vote all day long. Love Keanu in Speed the most and that’s partly because of the chemistry between him and Sandra Bullock, who fancied him silly!

• goldfish63 25th September 2021 at 2:34 pm

Tom Hanks all day long, he has made some excellent movies and he is so talented, The Terminal, Green Mile, Castaway, catch me if you can etc but he is also a really nice guy and a gentleman, not heard anything bad about him but not heard anything bad about Keanu but know he has had a sad life but is a good actor but in a different way to Tom 🙂

• Wenic 26th September 2021 at 9:01 pm

I love Keanu Reeves. Have done for years. Yes Tom Hanks is absolutely brilliant but Keanu for me without a doubt 💖💖💖

• Liz23 27th September 2021 at 7:26 am

I think the two of them

• Christine aka Moonchild 27th November 2021 at 10:34 am

Keanu, hands down.

Add