Home Forums Music Who is the best live band that you have seen? Wher...

Fluff Posted 8 months ago
Who is the best live band that you have seen? Where at & what year? :)
16 likes & 134 replies
    • Catwoman 20th April 2021 at 6:46 pm

Queen at Knebworth in 1986

• Fluff 20th April 2021 at 7:40 pm

I think I saw the same show at Newcastle (St James Park) with Status Quo & a few other bands,

• betty_brueckner 22nd April 2021 at 8:54 pm

Always wanted to see Led Zeppelin!!!!

• Fluff 22nd April 2021 at 9:10 pm

They rocked it at Knebworth, Betty ! 🙂

• Sazzle42 24th April 2021 at 7:55 am

I’ve loved so many live gigs but the ones that I always relive the most are Hawkwind at Wolverhampton Civic, The Damned and Adam and the Ants at the Birmingham Odean and then Rammstein a few years ago. But also Jethro Tull, Alien Sex Fiend in Cardiff.. I’ll shut up now!

• betty_brueckner 25th April 2021 at 5:42 pm

The Rolling Stones in London 2018!! Absolutely amazing!!!!

• CAAS 28th April 2021 at 11:31 pm

Never got to see any really top bands live. However there was a local place in Nottingham, called The Boat Club on the banks of the River Trent, I saw a group on there called Doctors of Madness.(1973/74) They put on a Hell of a Stage Show. I was told that Led Zeppelin played the Boat, before they hit the big time.

• Deleted User 28th April 2021 at 11:37 pm

Here is an example of loads of replies but no notifications for me to know.

• Fluffy 8th May 2021 at 4:43 pm

saw Montrose as support act for Status Quo in 1973 , absolutely blew Quo off the stage. also Bad Company as 2nd on the bill to Nazareth at Olympia early ’75 , power went off but Paul Rodgers kept singing unaccompanied was amazing

• Fluff 8th May 2021 at 8:29 pm

Where did you see them at? I saw the same gig at Newcastle and although Montrose were good they were not a patch on Quo’s denims. Really love the 1st Montrose album. 🙂

• Fluff 8th May 2021 at 8:30 pm

Interviewed Paul Rogers for a local rock mag not long ago.

• JaneG 8th May 2021 at 10:24 pm

So many excellent live concerts! I saw Bowie’s glass spiders tour with an array of top support acts at Maine Road. I also saw Queen there. I was glad to have been able to see the Eagles in Sheffield while Glen Fry was still alive..

• Fluff 9th May 2021 at 12:03 am

Saw The Eagles at Wembley. Joe Walsh was on the same bill. When The Eagles came back on to do their encore, a laundry basket was pushed on stage. Joe Walsh popped out & jammed with them.

• NeilP 9th May 2021 at 6:18 am

Springsteen a true showman. Epic show

• Nick Tilling 21st May 2021 at 3:45 pm

Mongolian rock – the HU

• George W 21st May 2021 at 4:17 pm

The Ruts at Strathclyde University in 1978 or 1979….never felt an atmosphere like that at a concert since then .

Saw Steel Dan (Basically now only Donald Fagan) at the SECC in Glasgow a couple of years ago and was a major concert bucket list item ticked but was also really impressed by Steve Winwood in support .

Looking forward to seeing the Psychedelic Furs again in September which will be my first concert in what seems like eons .

• Sapbloke 12th August 2021 at 8:03 pm

Best acts I’ve seen are Tina Turner…alten towers 1996, Billy Ocean at Shrewsbury 2018. Also impressed with Bruce Foxtons Jam…Shrewsbury 2018

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 12th August 2021 at 11:12 pm

So many to pick one but some beauties – Springsteen at the NEC Birmingham in 81, the Police in Biarritz in 80, the Who on numerous occasions, the Stones, Dylan and Clapton at Blackbushe in 78. And looking forward to future gigs as well – who else is hoping we do get to see Pearl Jam at Hyde Park in 22.

• Longhotsummer1 13th August 2021 at 12:46 am

I was there , got my ticket via the postal order system , £2. 50 pence
      and my brother sent away for 2 tickets so went twice , awsome cannot describe the gig.

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 29th August 2021 at 5:04 pm

Deep Purple. They were great at Knebworth in ’85… but I love them still – last saw them in 2017 at whatever the NEC was called for that year!

• Joyfull 3rd September 2021 at 1:30 pm

Bruce Springsteen Coventry Arena few years ago. Absolutely brilliant 3hrs none stop. Stood up all night.

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 5th September 2021 at 6:18 pm

Johnny Kidd and the pirates gene Vincent was on same bill early 1960s

• Deleted User 5th September 2021 at 6:38 pm

So many but here goes, T Rex at the Lyceum early 1969 probably. Springsteen at Milton Keynes Bowl in the 90’s. Dexy’s live performance of their album ‘One day I’m going to soar’ in a London theatre (The Aldelphi?) was amazing. Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds was full on! The The at the Royal Albert Hall. Not a band but I was privileged to see Leonard Cohen also at the Royal Albert Hall a few years ago, I loved that man.

• esther.bray23 14th September 2021 at 5:59 pm

Would have liked to have seen Led Zeppelin back then. Did see Robert Plant at Glastonbury festival in 2014. When Metallica were headlining.
      One of my early concerts was Bad Company in 1974 at Earls Court Stadium, London.

• David713 14th September 2021 at 10:31 pm

Tough one but probably because of the surprise of finding the support band so good despite having never heard of them before I arrived – Siouxsie & the Banshees at Malvern Winter Gardens in 1979 with The Cure as support.

• Nick J 1st October 2021 at 3:09 pm

Humble Pie with the immortal Steve Marriot, Birmingham Town Hall, c 1971; Hawkwind, Wolves Civic, often, in the mists of time… The Orwells Hare and Hounds, the first time, a few years ago.

• creative. 2nd October 2021 at 10:40 am

The Who, by some distance, although I have to admit never saw Led ZEP.

• Jenn1fer 2nd October 2021 at 11:34 am

It’s Gotta be Skunk Anansie, must have been around 1996. The crowd were bouncing, some people threw themselves off the balcony and crowd surfed and Skin jumped off stage and joined in. I had a lot of bruises the next day I can tell you.

And look at me now, 50 years old and very well behaved 😂

• Suzbikergirl 8th October 2021 at 3:24 pm

I saw Thin Lizzy at Reading rock fest I think around 1982 and David Lee Roth a few times in the eighties, good bit of fun !

• Alb 11th October 2021 at 6:59 pm

November 1971, Newcastle City Hall. It was my second ever gig (the first was Family at the same venue, it was there farewell tour and they were absolutely rubbish, so much so that I considered not bothering with anymore gigs) . As I already had the ticket I decided I would give gigs another chance. I am glad I did as it was Led Zeppelin. 5 rows from the front and right in the middle. No support just Zeppelin
      , absolutely brilliant.
      I was also lucky to see them at both Knebworth and Earls Court. I was even luckier when I got to see them (with Jason on drums) at the O2 concert for the Atlantic boss.
      Never got to see a better band and there were a few.

Add