Home Forums Jobs & Careers Who is interested in or has started exploring ways...

ljsteward Posted 1 year ago
Who is interested in or has started exploring ways to work from home instead of struggling to find a job?

I reached my retirement age and continued to run my own contracting business until the pains of aging started to show up.  Having a background in corporate outplacement where I provided coaching support to terminated executives, I decided to devote my remaining working years to support those 50+ who have so much to offer, find a better way to enjoy their life in retirement by working from home like I am, doing something they love and make money doing it.

I would like to hear from others who are interested to explore the benefits of taking this route to learn what you have in mind and what concerns or questions you may have.  Who will be first?

33 likes & 83 replies
    • KatherineHunter 28th May 2021 at 3:50 pm

I have been doing web design from home for a long time. I started out as a freelancer and now work for a company. It’s been about a year and a half since I got a good position in the company. Working at home in the IT field is very convenient. Now everything happens through the computer and there is almost no need for an office. My work is quite simple, I make site layouts using Crello Unlimited https://crello.com/unlimited/ so that people can see in which direction the work is moving. Filance was a little more interesting due to the fact that the work was more diverse. But a stable salary attracts me more.

• ljsteward 10th June 2021 at 1:55 pm

Hey Michael, I had to smile regarding your last comment. My wife and I share a home office although I didn’t relate to the point you made until I reflected a little more … I must agree – I do relate to that! Ha! Good point.

• kateyone 19th June 2021 at 4:53 pm

I’ve absolutely no idea of how I could work from home or what I could I do?? I certainly could not start my own business up….. ahaha I dont have any skills to offer anyone. I can talk and smile but somehow I do not think that is going to work for me. Nice to read everyone’s comments though. Well done to all.

• ljsteward 13th July 2021 at 5:41 pm

Hello Kateyone,
        I appreciated your candid comments. However, based on your interest to show up in this group and follow the comments from all, I am betting you have much more to offer than you realize. When I meet as a coach with someone like you who has an interest but isn’t sure how to put a plan into action, I spend a lot of time asking about interests, hobbies, things you enjoy doing the most. When those experiences are evaluated, you may be surprised at all the practical options that can be developed. Where you go from there depends on what your life goals are and how determined you are to make something happen.

The fact remains that people in this group are looking for ways to continue earning an income. There are two basic choices: find an ideal job or start a business just the way you want it to be. Starting a small business from home I believe is a good choice for many in this group compared to the struggle of answering help wanted ads and hoping you will get a phone call.

For example, say someone has a hobby of oil painting. They have a lot of experience and enjoy their painting so much that they decide to teach others how to get started and even make money selling their work. This hobbyist can launch a simply website and maybe a blog to start attracting followers.

Then they put together a workshop online for a reasonable fee to start teaching members how to get started and over time, take them to higher and higher levels of expertise.

The real magic of this approach is that the hobbyist owns their little business, absolutely loves his work, enjoys working from the comfort of his home and over time can earn a decent living by generating multiple income streams.

There is much more to discuss about the benefits of starting something on your own but I encourage you and others reading this to explore this subject in more detail to better understand all the benefits and further decide if it is a direction you should take or not.

• MORENOCH1 5th October 2021 at 2:15 pm

YES KATEYONE, IF YOU CAN TALK AND LOVE TO DO SO TRY THIS ONLINE COMPANY LOOKING FOR PEOPLE WHO CAN USE THEIR VOICE TO ATTRACT CUSTOMERS…. THEY ARE CALLED MANDY VO ARTIST…..

• David D 12th July 2021 at 11:44 am

Hi, Larry
      I have was interested to read your question, and can relate to being of a certain age with still so much to offer. We left the UK 6 years ago to live in Turkey and have a good life here.
      I really enjoyed my final years before coming out, providing coaching support to large projects in the Nuclear Industry and miss the day to day challenges and the feeling of making a real difference.
      For the first 3 yrs, I went back in a consultancy role for periods which worked really well, but with the pandemic things have been more difficult.
      Some years ago I achieved a personal goal with the support of a mentor and my boss. It was then I became aware of how using a team of like minded people can help to improve each of the individuals to achieve there personal goals in areas such as health, career, wealth and happiness.

My initial idea was to support a small team of the Restless community,
      by providing a support for free. I am not sure whether this aligns with your founding members group, but would be interested to discuss further

• ljsteward 13th July 2021 at 5:16 pm

Hi David
      Really good to hear from you. We seem to have much in common and I am interested to have a discussion with you. I do firmly believe in the value of small team support groups and I am building that approach into my main coaching program. I look forward to discussing this further.

• Susan Gom 14th July 2021 at 12:53 am

I am retired from NHS last year and looking to start a business from my home. I am thinking of starting a Tshirt printing business. Anyone who can give me ideas is very much appreciated.

• Bananas 22nd July 2021 at 7:49 pm

Hi Susan, great to hear of your wish to start your own business. Questions you can ask yourself –
        who are my customers?
        is my products) a good fit?
        how am i different from the competition?
        what’s the price point (of my t-shirts)
        what are the costs?
        how many do i need to sell to make money?

a lean start-up way could be to go onto social media to promote and sell your best t-shirts. Measure customer behaviour – what are they / aren’t they buying? what’s their feedback? how much are they spending? etc etc

From the data collected you can start to form a business model.

Good luck!

• Susan Gom 22nd July 2021 at 11:12 pm

Hi Bananas
          Thank you for your advice regarding my tshirt business and I take on board what you have said. I will give it a try.

Thank you.

• loislane 23rd July 2021 at 12:06 am

I have no ideas of what I can do

• LHarrisonL1 25th July 2021 at 3:21 pm

Hi
      Its so hard to find a job working from home earning proper regular money
      Thanks
      Lynne

• Precy 11th September 2021 at 9:00 am

Try this agency Brook Street UK Ltd. they supply manpower to HMRC working from home . I was with them last year during lockdown as contingency staff , it’s contact centre /clerical /admin officer.
      The HMRC training was fantastic, but expect loads of e-learning, mandatory training, etc. But working with HMRC was rewarding as they offer access to different trainings and very good addition to your CV.
      By the way, I was made redundant (just before the lockdown)after working 11+ years in a international bank in London.
      Now, I’m back again , giving another try in financial services or maybe consider change career.

• Frody 11th September 2021 at 1:06 pm

Hi there. Ive just joined this group. Im not quite 50 but getting there rapidly and my physical condition definately rates me as way over 50! Im currently a nurse working for a gp practice doing minor injury and illness clinics. I was shielding throughout lockdown as i am in the high risk group and now the lockdowns have ended ive been off work sick with my depression since april. Im pretty sure i wont have enough hours to maintain my nursing registration as my contracted hours are only 3.5 hours per week when im able to work. I was feeling burnt out anyway and although its still my passion to help people ive had some bad experiences with managers throughout my career and this has really put me off nursing. Im kind of a hermit now and looking for a stable income working from home. I signed up to some work from home websites but theyre mostly jobs in usa. And ideas please for uk based wfh or ideas for what i could do to earn a stable wage? Im currently living on universal credit which barely pays the bills and i dont want to be claiming it anyway as im sure there are others more in need. I would really appreciate any help of ideas in this. Many thanks. Stay safe everyone 😻😽

• ljsteward 13th September 2021 at 5:36 pm

Hi Frody. I like your statement about still having a passion to help people. As you have worked in nursing it shows evidence this is important to you. It’s hard to suggest any specific type of work from home ideas without more information but I want to add that if you have the determination to stick with your journey to find something you would love to do – I’m betting when you find it, your depression will disappear.

Let your dreams be more powerful than your fears. Read articles and books about the process of reinventing yourself. Look for role models that you admire and learn how they got to where they are. Most important, look inside yourself in terms of your strong interests and passions. You seem to have a lot of experience to draw from. There is a way. Don’t give up. Let us know how you’re doing.

• Cider 13th September 2021 at 5:30 am

I have Long Covid and am struggling returning to work. I have been in my job for over 20 years and have no idea what else I want to do but I know I need to work from home.

I’d like to work for a charity, but it’s a very hard decision to leave my well paid job so close to being able to retire and having to reduce my income so drastically.

• rovarch 13th September 2021 at 12:03 pm

Hi, I have just joined Rest less and pleased I did. I am 65 and last 48 years I have spent working at sea and offshore. Last 20 years I have been a deep water marine archaeologist in the shipwreck salvage and treasure hunting industry. I am self-employed consultant. Work is drying up and i am looking to explore ways to make money from working at home. I do not intend to retire as such. I will have to give up going to sea at some point in the future. Covid has changed the world, I have applied for many jobs of all different sorts locally but no luck. They look at 65 as old and do not consider employing me. Only offers have been supermarkets and hospitality. I am looking at writing as a career or go get that Ph D I should have done 20 years ago. I need to earn, even if its just beer money. Finding it hard to find work from home. Its difficult for us maritime professionals. I have loads of experience and I am multi-skilled. I started a walking tour company, just me doing 4 miles coastal path walks.. However its taking its toll on the knees and its only seasonal April-October. I would like to start and online antique and collectables selling online shop. One of my hobbies in antiques. Its difficult knowing what the next steps are. never too young to learn. I guess its taking those first steps.

• ljsteward 10th October 2021 at 4:59 am

Hello Rovarch – I am impressed with how much effort you are applying to your new journey of discovery. You have ideas and you are pursuing them. Much of what you have tried hasn’t worked out but don’t give up. You have a lot to offer. Your hobby of collecting antiques certainly has potential. I say that because you have a strong interest and some experience in that.

What I suggest is to study how those businesses online are making it work. You don’t have to create a new wheel, just present your idea in some new way that you believe in but copy their approach if it appears to be working well.

I suggest you even connect with them to ask for their advice. Or ask if there is an organization they can suggest and anything else that would be helpful to get your idea up and running. Once you get that type of momentum rolling, possibilities will start to appear and make things happen.

Keep this group up-to-date on your progress. I bet there are people somewhere here on RestLess who love antiques and could provide more suggestions.

• Moriarty 5th October 2021 at 3:32 pm

I’m getting back into watercolour painting, but don’t see how I can convert this into an income.
      Some of the results have received positive comments and people have asked for them to be framed.
      But it’s not always consistent and I need to practise more.

• MORENOCH1 11th October 2021 at 12:27 pm

HI IJSTEWARDS,

LET ME KNOW PLEASE HOW THIS WORK FROM HOME IS DONE. I AM INTERESTED.

• john collingwood 11th October 2021 at 12:42 pm

hello from me , I have been applying for customer service in my town, and work from home

• Dreamyboy 11th October 2021 at 1:03 pm

Hi all – chatting to next door neighbour last night, just got job working for Jet2 as a holiday advisor working from home full time – looked on their website last night and they are still advertising – hope this helps. 👍

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 14th October 2021 at 7:54 am

After being a homemaker for many years I got divorced and found myself with no income and no job. At 56 and with no recent history no one wants to employ me. Self employment was suggested by the DWP, but requires capital. Operating a web site and receiving online payments currently costs upwards of £15 a month, which from a basic UC income of £320 a month is significant. It has been suggested I borrow money, but that has the problem of repaying it, and that’s a stress I don’t need.

• Pga 23rd November 2021 at 4:40 pm

Hello !
      I am 55 years young but too young to retire. Also I don’t have the funds to do so anyway.
      Today I have learnt that my employed Key account Manager job position of 22 years will finish in December.
      So I’m exploring new opportunities and saw your interesting post. Any help, comments would be greatly appreciated.
      Br
      Peter.

• ljsteward 23rd November 2021 at 6:16 pm

To both Pga and Bananas, the process to navigate from where you are today to what you would like to do next requires a lot of evaluation, reflection, research, assessment and decision making. Not easy to provide a simple answer. What is easy to answer is that “WFH” means “Work From Home”.

Working from home is one of the easiest approaches to start your own small business doing something you love to do and can share with others online.

My point as a Transition Coach is to make people in this group aware of the benefits of taking full control of your transition to continue earning an income by avoiding the difficulty of fighting ageism in your job search by instead start a small business from the comfort of your home. The benefits of doing this? You avoid being rejected. Once established, your income potential is unlimited. You are your own boss and can finally do things your way. No one will fire you. You can continue growing your business for as long as you want or are capable.

What are the drawbacks? It takes time to get set up. It requires figuring out who you want to serve. Not everyone is willing to take the risk and not everyone can manage this process effectively on their own.

A very simply idea for example is someone who has a hobby of oil painting that they enjoy and have a lot of experience of creating beautiful results. They set up an office at home. They launch a YouTube channel called “Learn How to Oil Paint”. They develop a following of interested people. Then to move their followers forward, they offer a “starter kit” that includes the bushes, oils, canvas, etc. needed to produce the paintings for a reasonable price. If their followers liked what they have learned, chances are they will be willing to make the purchase and take the next step.

Saying all this, I think for me to be more effective in offering good support, I need to do the same – start a YouTube channel about how those 50+ like myself and those in this group can take their experience and pursue various options to continue earning an income without the need to find another job.

In the meantime, I encourage everyone with this interest to start looking at all the information online via Google, Facebook, Websites, books on Amazon, etc. that provide the useful information I am referring to.

Last point, if you have further questions about something you are considering, please post it and I will do my best to provide further support.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Larry

• Lee lee 25th November 2021 at 11:29 pm

I would like to work from home now. I do pharmacy deliveries and at reaching 60this week it’s starting to affect my back n hips climbing in and out of a van all day , i live alone and would pls miss my colleagues and customers ,but starting to find the job tiring ,but with no particular skills or qualifications on computers ,i cant think what work from home job i could do ,any ideas welcome.

• ljsteward 27th November 2021 at 1:12 am

In response to questions from Lee lee and Bananas – you both ask common questions that develop at the intersection of making a transition from work you’ve done to finding a new way to continue earning an income. By the way, WFH stands for Work From Home which solves a lot of issues such as not having to drive to work, spend money on gas, enjoy the comfort of setting your own work hours, and numerous other advantages.

For both of you, take a close look at all the experience you have accumulated over the years including hobbies, traveling, special interests and things you always wanted to do but could never find the time.

What I try to uncover from those I mentor is something in your background that serves as a purpose that has such a strong interest you could do what it takes to convert it into a new way to serve others and make money doing it.

For Lee lee, it may mean converting your delivery job that is physically stressing you into serving the pharmacy as a customer delivery phone rep where you coordinate delivery requests to the shipping department or something like that. You need to start thinking outside the box of what you did before.

For Bananas, you have an extensive background in the hospitality field. There are so many aspects of different directions you could take by staying related to this field but serve a completely new role in terms of something you would enjoy. Or, look at all the developing new trends related to hospitality and possibly find a new approach to bring your experience to one of those trends. I suggest doing searches on Google with terms like “new trends in hospitality”, “work from home jobs for a hospitality expert”, or some combination like that to bring up a lot of expected but potentially useful information to explore.

Of course, you don’t have to stick with hospitality but way walk away from all the experience versus taking a new direction within the field? That background is such a wide platform, your experience of 30 years I’m sure would support you in moving towards a completely different field.

So the basic advice is to further consider what you could do differently in the field you have experience with first and also evaluate your professional skills such as customer service, sales, marketing, technology, etc. and base your career transition on doing more of those skills you are good at.

It’s better to understand what you could possibly offer others and find those connections to create an opportunity rather than fight the competition to answer a help wanted ad and wait for the phone to ring.

• Mikeman57 2nd December 2021 at 11:21 am

Hi ljsteward, I hate to have start off in a negative 👎 way, but I only talk fact! Basically to put you in the picture, I am 60,LTU for years, I live in a seaside resort where arguably jobs are thin on the ground to say the least, I’ve lived in sunny Scarborough for 55 years, I’ve been on Every job scheme that the conservatives have ever invented & Not 1 of them gave me a positive outcome, I was forced to go on these so called How to get a job scheme, or I lose 40%! of my unemployment benefits which is forced labour in my opinion, and o also have 6 qualifications including a Foundation degree in my arsenal, but Not 1 of them has helped me into work!?
      So can you recommend a work from home organisation or a company that understands my situation & history, I would gratefully appreciate any advice or help you can give me.🙏

• ljsteward 2nd December 2021 at 4:03 pm

Mike – I can feel your frustration! I will talk fact as well. There is no magic bullet or easy answer to your board question. I’m active in this forum as a career transition coach to offer advice and support as best as I can. To be effective as a coach I need a lot of information about your background, current interests and abilities, prefered options of the type of work you want to do, how much income you are seeking, and so much more. I find it difficult to offer good advice without that background information.

The most logical idea I have for you is to explore those businesses in the seaside resort where you live (arguably jobs are thin) I understand. However, every company has issues and needs to hire when things change. Ideally, if you could demonstrate a way to help them with what you can offer, you may be able to CREATE an opportunity. It may not be the most ideal next step but a chance to get back to work and use that platform to continue your longer term search.

If you could share more information it would help me and others here to add their comments of support. Keep your chin up and keep moving forward.

• Mikeman57 2nd December 2021 at 9:08 pm

Thank you Larry for replying to my problem of finding payed work, am afraid it’s that saying how long have you got? I’ll try & keep it simple but detailed, basically, Ive applied for close to 10,000 jobs over a 15 year period, that’s how long I’ve lost out on Paid work! £10s of thousands of pounds! Now that’s a long time in anyone’s book, But I haven’t sat on my backside doing nothing, I’ve gained six recognised qualifications inc a degree in media,design &’production, (Never again thank you), I’ve volunteered for many charity organisations, I’ve looked after my mother as a Full time Carer 24/7 for 18 months before she died in June, I have attended Every “how to find a job scheme” known to man, which in turn has had No positive effect of finding paid employment, they Simply Don’t work, that’s why I would Never vote Tory Scum!
          I’ve worked in the following sectors, Retail sales, Halfords, Morrisons, Security( 🚨 Inc Holiday camp, & Scarborough magistrates court),NCP car 🚗 parks, RAF Fylingdales back in the eightys, temp jobs that only lasted for a couple of weeks because they were difficult or unsuitable.
          What I’m ideally looking for in paid work, is this new phenomenon of Working from home thanks to the pandemic! It would suit me just fine, rather than having jumping on a bus or train 🚂 to get to my work place, which can save you a fortune in travel expenses!
          I was once told by an employer last year that they said they couldn’t offer me to work for them because of the gap on my CV, which is along time! And guess what I was actually delighted, why because I wanted to prove to the world that If you are old & been out of work for years, it goes against you, employers Dont Want You! I know I’m right because at long last I’ve proved it, as I said at the beginning, I work on fact Not fiction, Sorry Larry if it sounds long winded & negative 👎 but I can’t help it, I suffer from anxiety and depression, along with stress since my mother died & I had to find somewhere suitable for me n my dog 🐶 I’d lived in the same house for over 35 years!
          Thank you for your kind support Larry.
          Kind regards
          Andy.

• ljsteward 6th December 2021 at 6:05 pm

Hello Andy,
          Thanks for taking the time to tell me about what you are experiencing. It’s been a steep climb for you and yet you persist in finding a way to improve your situation. I’m very impressed with everything you tried to turn your situation around. I am glad you see working from home as a good next step.

You are right, it is convenient and can save you money. The challenge is finding something you can do that you are good at and would enjoy doing while making money. The best tool to turn to at this point is the Internet to uncover how to go about this.

If you can take advantage of the technical challenge of uncovering information, the you will be on your way. Think hard about something you do well and other people would want to know more about.

I’m not saying this is easy or will happen overnight but it does represent a viable way for you to change your situation. The big opportunity it allows by the way, is that you won’t have to deal with the ageism factor. People who start their own business from home are respected for their ability and experience with no concern about their age.

Use Google to search for information about this subject and you will find others doing what you want to do. Look them up and study how they are making it work. Be encouraged that there is a way to turn everything around. You can do this if you stay as determined as you are. Don’t give up. Instead, dig a little deeper, do your research and tell us what you are discovering. I’m hopeful that there are others in this forum who will have more ideas for you.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

• Susan Gom 8th December 2021 at 11:50 pm

I would like to start my online business working from home. But struggling to do a.business plan. May you please advise me were to start.

• ljsteward 13th December 2021 at 2:10 am

Hi Susan – good to hear of your interest to start your own business by working from home. In the beginning of a new home based business I believe you can keep your initial plan as simple as possible, after all chances are you are not seeking a lot of seed money. Use your plan to define your idea and capture the main elements without bothering with all the financial elements yet. Here is a link to a resource I’m sure you will find very helpful:

https://mindyourownbusiness.uk/

Let us know how you’re doing as you get further along. Look for as much advice as you can and keep asking questions.

Larry

• Godric 13th December 2021 at 7:11 pm

I’ve just come upon this discussion and would very much like to take part. I noticed this was posted a year ago. Is the offer still active? Many thanks,
      Mark.

• ljsteward 20th December 2021 at 2:08 pm

Hello Godric, I’m not sure what offer you are referring to. Can you remind me of the details? I am willing to help everyone in this forum one way or another so let’s explore your situation and start searching for the answers you’re looking for. Just give me more details please.

• Godric 20th December 2021 at 3:07 pm

Hi ljsteward, I’m still finding my way around the site and have reread the original message which does not hold the information I’m referencing. The origin of my query concerned starting a group of like-minded individuals about training unemployed retirees (or something like that) who would receive free training and advice on this matter with a view to establishing the group if deemed successful. I can’t locate that message at the moment.
          All my working life has been disciplined services (military and police) and I don’t know what I can offer in the private sector. It would be great if someone is able to establish where my skill sets would best be put to use. Thank you for following up.

• ljsteward 19th December 2021 at 7:43 pm

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-redundancy-podcast/id1371975745?i=1000530482972
      (copy this link, then right click “go to” to open the link)

I highly recommend the “Redundancy Podcast” if you haven’t found this podcast before. It’s all about the challenges of finding and staying in employment as an older worker.

• The Lobster 20th December 2021 at 1:27 pm

I suffer with anxiety and stress and whilst the GP gave me a fit note, I was offered a role working from home for what has turned out to be various “schemes” surrounding COVID 19. The agency I work for[they deal with all things HR] are quite frankly awful. The two firms they have employed me to work for have been 1. Dreadful and 2. Even worse. I absolutely HATE the role I’m currently doing as things change daily, the training was wholly inadequate and the regularly changing shift pattern is horrible. The second option I have is resigning and being out of work, where I would do lots of wonderful voluntary work I do across many platforms and it gives me pleasure to do so. The obvious downside is that the benefits system does not pay enough to cover my bills.

• ljsteward 20th December 2021 at 1:58 pm

I hear your frustration loud and clear. To stay in a situation as you described is not good for your health. Your options however seem limited but there may be more hope than you suggest. You seem to have a strong background that non-profits would welcome. The silver lining may be a short stint working in a non-profit could payoff in terms of making good contact with those who could connect you to other job opportunities nearby that you could quickly move to. You deserve to enjoy the work you do and if not, find a way to move towards a better situation. Think about all the experience you have and all the skills you can provide other companies to broaden your effort. In your contact approach be careful not to be too negative about your current situation versus your intention to do more of the work you want to do. Be as flexible as possible to change you current situation even if it means you may have to make a series of moves to get to a better place.

• The Lobster 20th December 2021 at 2:09 pm

Thank you – not only for your reply – but your kindness in setting up this post and the advice contained in the replies. Have a nice day.

• Moonflower 5th January 2022 at 9:22 pm

Hi I am 64 and working in temporary job handing out Covid kits. If you want to move to other work there are a lot of jobs in shops and retail security and rail companies. The agency’s seem to be non discriminating regarding age. Myself I am interested in moving to internet related work such as affiliate marketing. And work I could do while travelling and maybe travel vlogging.

• BarbaraN 15th January 2022 at 12:15 pm

I retired from my business life about 8 years ago but recently I’ve been involved in converting an empty retail shop into a co-working space. It is for entrepreneurs and satellite workers and an alternative to working from home. The property is owned by my pension fund so I’m hoping the income generated will help the fund to last longer.

• Gaynor Lynne Jones 23rd January 2022 at 11:02 pm

Hi there!
      I work with Usborne Books. It’s a business you can start, maybe alongside a main job to begin with, or maybe not, but it can build into as big a business as you have time for. Perfect for book lovers and those involved with children (or not). We supply schools with books too. Totally flexible. I’ve done it for 15 years alongside teaching and I love it!

You just need a device (a smart phone will do), you get a free website and full training and support, plus it’s fun and you make lots of friends all over the country. You don’t have to leave the house unless you want to.

On top of all this, the starter kit is on offer throughout January! Only £30!

If you (or anyone else) would like to talk to me my phone number is:
      07910 490964

Facebook:
      Personal profile: Gaynor Lynne Jones
      Business page: Ravenhill Readers

email: [email protected]

No obligation, but would be nice to have a chat.
      Gaynor

• Ann_65 25th January 2022 at 1:29 pm

I’m facing the possibility of redundancy, and would love to work from home while avoiding the many scam sites that advertise such roles.

One of my favourite hobbies is writing, which I know is a very difficult field to break into. Most magazines have their own team of writers. However, I’ve entered several competitions, and had encouraging feedback, including suggestions where I could submit my work.

I have also found some really useful ideas from other posts in this topic, so I’m feeling more positive about the future.

• The Lobster 26th January 2022 at 1:42 pm

Hi Ann. I work a business from home. It is great and provides a side income. I love to help people so if you are interested in working from home, which I know you are, please drop me a text or a WA to 07812 072626 and I will subsequently speak to you. Until then, have a nice day. 🙂

• Bananas 22nd July 2021 at 7:43 pm

Hi, what is WFH? I was also in hospitality for 30 years and now keen to explore new revenue streams, any guidance appreciated.

Add