Home Forums General While we are on the subject…. pregnant PEOPL...

notahasbeen Posted 1 month ago
While we are on the subject…. pregnant PEOPLE

I am not old fashioned and I move with the times but if I was young now, I wouldn’t want to be called a pregnant person.

I know why women are being called pregnant people but this change is for a miniscule minority.

Treat people with respect, let them be who they want to be, but don’t ever forget that I am a woman.

9 likes & 55 replies
    • Selsdon 30th June 2022 at 2:48 pm

👏👏👏

• Vixster 30th June 2022 at 3:51 pm

Totally agree – only women can be pregnant.

• TDS1952 1st July 2022 at 8:29 am

It is a miniscule minority that is pushing this woke crap. And guess what. The idiot majority are letting them get away with it.

• Staying Alive 1st July 2022 at 9:11 am

Real talk 💯✌🏾

• Badger56 1st July 2022 at 9:31 am

Absolutely and you have the chromosones to prove it!!

• Chojo 1st July 2022 at 10:31 am

I agree that people should be able to identify as anything they want but I also think it’s going to far. I stand for peoples human rights but there are certain things that cannot be denied no matter what you want to call yourself. It comes down to simple biology you are either male or female. identify as a carrot if it makes you happy but as others have said only a woman can get pregnant.

A transgender person can rally for womens rights if they want to but if they were born a man they will never have a uterus and will never carry a child. So pregnant people is just silly.

Women are having enough things taken away from them without losing anything else.

• Catwoman 1st July 2022 at 10:59 am

Maybe it’s trying to include the father’s? Assuming they’ve stuck around that is 🤷
      Still. It’s not them that have to go through it all is it?

• Selsdon 1st July 2022 at 3:32 pm

Oh no… not that “we’re pregnant” nonsense? I can just about tolerate “we’re expecting” but only one person is pregnant and that person is called a woman.

• Pops McCarthy 1st July 2022 at 12:47 pm

Seems RichardB doesn’t share my opinions or belief, which is perfectly ok. Doesn’t make what either of us think , to use his eloquence, “total bollox”.
      In a “free world”, which is what we just about live in, we can both think differently and have different opinions.

• Dorothea 1st July 2022 at 1:52 pm

Totally agree.

I get irritated at medical appointments when they ask if there’s any chance I could be pregnant. It’s not because I’ve ever been anything but a born and bred female, but because I had years of agonising gynae problems, got told at 33 the only way I’d have kids was by IVF, had pretty much every thing gynae taken out last year after a potential Ovarian cancer scare and both before and after the total hysterectomy etc was having menopausal symptoms so bad I couldn’t work.

(There’s no way on earth I would have been in a post surgery ward with someone not born female)

I don’t know if it makes sense to anyone else, but those who refer to pregnant people are almost invalidating the experiences I’ve had.

I have no issue with trans people identifying as something other than they were at birth. I don’t think I really get it, but each to their own.

However, I have a real problem with the activist end of the debate who seems to think that to treat all people the same, they have to replace perfectly good words ( used in a reproductive sense) – woman / female – which describe me, with “person”.

The day every “person” is capable of going through the absolute **** I and many women have had is the day I will understand the use of pregnant “person”.

The day there’s needs to be a protected category for single, childless, menopausal females is the day when I know the world has gone completely bonkers – and sometimes that day seems quite close.

• notahasbeen 1st July 2022 at 2:09 pm

Excellent comment Dorothea. You explained it as only a woman could.
        I am not against a man transitioning to a woman but don’t then try and compete in sport with my other sisters, that shouldn’t be an option just as not all women will be able to have children.
        But I digress. What can be wrong with using the word woman, man, he or she. We are now they, their and it.

• Pops McCarthy 1st July 2022 at 9:16 pm

Can I say that sharing your experience clearly explains the biological differences between the genders and, indeed, the biological reasons for the differences.

I will add that to claim and teach our children otherwise is more than just bonkers.
        Peace

• Misty2 1st July 2022 at 5:58 pm

I saw a comment on Twitter this morning .. “Biological sex is a “falsehood” invented by the medical establishment “to reinforce white supremacy and gender oppression”, civil servants in Nicola Sturgeon’s government are told.” I believe the article is in the Telegraph. This is SCOTLAND, where it seems women no longer exist!! I follow the likes of Sharron Davies Olympic medalist who has been campaigning for women’s sport to be for biological women as it’s unfair for for Trans Women (who have benefitted from male hormones through puberty) to compete. It is crazy that any biological woman who tries to speak up for our own sex, is branded a transphobe. Your sex is in your DNA, you have male or female chromosomes these cannot be changed. People can live however they want, but why do they have to trample over others? Author JK Rowling wrote an article wanting women’s and girls spaces to be protected as Scottish law was saying that “any man who self identifies as a woman must be treated as a woman” whether or not they have had gender reassignment. She has had countless death threats and branded a TERF and transphobe destroying her image because she does not want a man in women’s dressing rooms, toilets and women’s prisons. There’s a prison (can’t remember where now) that has several pregnant inmates who were raped by a male who self identified as a woman and was encarcerated with them. But they’re saying it can’t be rape because “he” says he’s a “she”!! Oh and the Halifax are now putting pronouns on their staff badges she/her, he/him and they/their and if the customers don’t like it they are invited to close their accounts. It’s beyond ridiculous, I don’t care what they are, a name badge is for a name, nothing else. This world is so screwed up right now I’m beginning to think it’s not worth it anymore. Sorry, long rant… its been a stressful and somewhat devastating few weeks!!

• notahasbeen 1st July 2022 at 6:12 pm

Misty, thank you very much for that information. It is indeed depressing when all we are doing is being the person that we know we are. We have known that all our lives and now we are being told something different. Even worse is the fact that women who have always got something to say are keeping quiet on this subject.
        PEOPLE please do close your account with the Halifax if you don’t like it.

• Misty2 1st July 2022 at 6:33 pm

I can see either loads of sexual harassment cases being brought as customers stare at the bank clerk’s chest to see what they’re supposed to call the person in front of them, or Halifax goes out of business because thousands of customers close accounts on principle of not pandering to the woke brigade.

• Pops McCarthy 1st July 2022 at 9:29 pm

Oh dear.
        A far greater force created, or should I say invented two genders, way before a medical establishment was even “established”!!
        For JK Rowling to be threatened only proves that this one gender idiocy has no biological, medical or scientific foundation, dare I say no moral foundation either, so bully boy…..sorry……..bully person tactics are adopted.
        And for our education system to be part of this bullying I find disgusting.
        I know some will be angered by this but some of us do know the truth.
        Peace

• Dorothea 2nd July 2022 at 12:19 am

Misty -The world is definitely pretty screwed up right now, but don’t ever think it’s not worth it anymore.

You’re still a normal, sensible, caring , human being.

If listening to all the misery is too much, don’t listen. Switch off the news, don’t scroll through the internet. Listen to music you like, watch TV you enjoy, meet up with people who make you feel better or sit in the park and watch people feeding the ducks

The rubbish in the world will still keep happening, but it doesn’t need to drag you down with it.

If does sound though like you’ve been having a rubbish time lately. I don’t know what has been devastating for you and you don’t have to tell, but the world has a lot to offer, despite its problems.

Don’t give up on the world. It needs people like those of us on here to say “why?” not “how high” if told to jump, or to speak out if we feel things are unjust or unjustifiable.

If things really are too much, speak to your doctor and sound off here in this group.

Look after yourself.

x

• Misty2 2nd July 2022 at 8:55 am

Thank you Dorothea, I didn’t mean to worry you. I’m okay (normal would be stretching it a bit ha ha), I’ve suffered with depression and anxiety, among other things, for 30 odd years and been on medication most of it too, so I know the triggers and avoid the news etc. x

• Dorothea 2nd July 2022 at 9:20 am

Me too. We watch a lot of what I call “fluffy animal programmes”. I’m glad you’re better than you sounded x

• Misty2 2nd July 2022 at 10:08 am

Just a bit stressed. Lost my Dad less than 2 years ago, my ex husband died very suddenly and unexpectedly 6 weeks ago, without leaving a traceble Will (banks, solicitors, accountants, financial advisor or any family nor friends have knowledge of one or its whereabouts). It’s left a massive nightmare for us, our sons are 24 and 28, youngest has depression and anxiety too (and fibromyalgia like me) and the eldest has high blood pressure, also like me. I’ve done all I can to get as much info together and notify everyone on their behalf, but considering he lived 70 miles away, in rented property and ran two businesses, you can imagine it’s far from simple! Then just after we found out about him, my 85 year old (next week)mum thought she’d have a go too… brought her back from our weekly shopping trip, she sat at the table as I was about to unpack and promptly collapsed. We’d been in for minutes, hadn’t even shut the front door! I thought was just dizzy as she toppled sideways, went to catch her to steady her, but no… full weight, got her to the floor somehow not on top of me, cardiac arrest and stopped breathing. So, 999 and CPR on my own until the ambulance crews arrived 10-15 minutes later. She was in hospital a week, a second cardiac arrest, fitted a pacemaker with defibrillator built in that afternoon and sent her home the next day, despite the fact she lives alone! Soooo …. regularly checking in on her and sorting out the ex’s affairs have been a tad exhausting, especially when I’ve got my own health issues too, and she’s just worried my brother is looking tired!! 😂😂 xx

• Dorothea 2nd July 2022 at 11:19 am

Oh heck. What a lot to deal with.
          Forgive me for making a couple of suggestions, which you might be doing already.
          It doesn’t help if your mum appears to always be more concerned about your brother, but if necessary, use it to persuade your brother to do more visits than you or to do some of the shopping, or get your sons to help. If they’re not good shoppers, get them to help at home or look after your mums home.

I appreciate you’ve all got health things going on, but they are all adults, and sometimes it can help to focus on someone else’s needs. Apart from wanting to see your mum, you’ve got enough on your plate.

I don’t know how you go about selling or winding up businesses, but if you can afford it, now that you’ve got a lot of paperwork together, get a solicitor to sort your ex-husband’s estate for you, or at least advise you on the steps needed.

It sounds like you’ve got rather too much to do at one go, so try to get professional help and family help where you can. If you don’t create some space for yourself, sorting everything can become too much

Good luck. X

• Misty2 2nd July 2022 at 12:23 pm

Thank you, yes, we’ve just instructed probate/legal services this week so hopefully they’ll now take on all Executor/Administrator duties to wind everything down and they can work with the accountants to sort out the business side of it all. My brother does a lot of the DIY and gardening jobs mum keeps finding, and he works part time too, so he does do a fair bit. We’ll get there, just a lot of adjustments to do all at once really. x

• Dorothea 2nd July 2022 at 1:59 pm

Oh good. I’m glad everyone is mucking in. Once the legal people have got it in hand, hopefully you’ll get a bit of space to think and adapt to the changes in your family.
          Best wishes, D x

• SteveM57 2nd July 2022 at 6:11 am

It’s hardly a big deal, get over it and move on.

• notahasbeen 2nd July 2022 at 8:20 am

Steve, you don’t know what’s going on in peoples lives. A little understanding and compassion might be nice. Your attitude is not very helpful in any way and I don’t know specifically what you are referring to either.

• Misty2 2nd July 2022 at 10:16 am

His comment is almost like one of those misogynists, trying to put women back to the Dark Ages, or wipe out our existence altogether. Hopefully that’s not what he intended, since men wouldn’t be here without women and the human race will be wiped out within the next 100 years, unless men start reproducing by themselves (good luck to them pushing out an 8lb baby naturally 😉)

• notahasbeen 2nd July 2022 at 10:28 am

I agree. 8lb 6oz and occipital posterior. Anybody? ok face-up, no?
          ok sunny side up. Warrior like, natural….. get out of my way Steve.

• Misty2 2nd July 2022 at 11:04 am

Yeah first was 4 weeks early 6lb 7.5oz and the second 8lb 2oz also a posterior face up, both too eager to hang about, short labour and no time for pain relief…😳🥴😖
          My ex husband had a 3mm kidney stone and was in hospital demanding morphine for the pain to pass it, even though the medication he had been given had already broken it down. Granted they are painful, but still… 3mm compared to a baby 🤔

Add