Home Forums Dating where on earth do our solitary socks go to when th...

Anonymous User (no longer active) Posted 5 months ago
where on earth do our solitary socks go to when they become no long a pair? do single socks have a tinder site ….
5 likes & 22 replies
    • Loriax 25th January 2022 at 3:41 pm

Each pair of socks consists of a male and a female sock. Females often eat the males after mating in the washing machine resulting in an excess of single females.

• Tambos57 25th January 2022 at 6:21 pm

I just thought it was a bloke thing- two socks go in, one comes out….or that’s how it seems:)

• Naz 25th January 2022 at 7:45 pm

Hahaha….. seriously, it was so funny!

• Shell69 25th January 2022 at 7:49 pm

We have so many odd socks in our house, it’s mystifying and annoying !

• Woodcrafter-Keith 25th January 2022 at 9:17 pm

It’s one of life’s mysteries 2 socks go in 1 comes out love the idea they’re being eaten by the other sock on that basis when one gets a hole in does that mean she only fancied a snack ?

• AdrianSF 26th January 2022 at 10:37 am

I heard that there are 2 gods, one in the washer and one in the drier. What happens when you use either or both of these machines, they have to sacrifice a lone sock to their gods, otherwise……

• TmonT 26th January 2022 at 12:26 pm

I save my odd socks cause like so many relationships “the best part of breaking up is making up “😘

• WEST MIDLANDER 26th January 2022 at 6:31 pm

My single socks are looking for a way to join RESTLESS, but they are having difficulty negotiating the log in, because the socks toes are too floppy to put pressure on the keyboard. Dad really, because all my single socks are looking for sole (soul) mates?

• WEST MIDLANDER 26th January 2022 at 6:33 pm

Slip of the keys – not dad but sad.

• Tambos57 26th January 2022 at 8:41 pm

Look in the quilt cover- it’s a magnet for socks:)

• WEST MIDLANDER 26th January 2022 at 8:57 pm

Thinking about it (which is difficult with only one brain cell) i believe the washing machine is like the time tunnel on TV. The original sock that went missing in my machine 5 years ago – numerous generations of my socks have been looking for my original sock called Sam.
      Maybe my socks have landed in the Titanic, in the midst of WW2, in fact i am sure i saw one of my socks being worn by Henry 8th on one of the paintings of him? Who knows which time zones the others have landed? Any suggestions?

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 27th January 2022 at 7:56 am

single socks doing time travel through wormholes. well thats a new angle, but would not explain why mine seem to be seeking a younger lost sock, or worse breaking up an existing pair just because they can. Are washers and driers responsible like dating sites for seeing what else might be available in the laundry?

• Brig99 26th January 2022 at 9:06 pm

It really is a mystery. I have accumulated a bag full of single socks now, still waiting for their other halves to appear. So weird!

• Cheers on toast 26th January 2022 at 11:41 pm

If you lose a sock in your washer or dryer, it comes back as a plastic Tupperware lid which doesn’t fit any of your containers.

• Christopher Leslie 27th January 2022 at 10:34 am

They escape and go to a plenet far far away and live happily alongside the half full biros that also escaped

• WEST MIDLANDER 27th January 2022 at 10:49 pm

Thanks for your contribution, i think that we need to collaberate on a ‘sock it to me’ movie. This could develop into either serious weekly competition to coronation street or movie status equaling Star Trek, or should i say….star sock.

• TheNurse 29th January 2022 at 12:38 pm

They transform jnto single Tupperware lids

• Popswood 21st March 2022 at 2:49 pm

One for every occasion 🙄

Add