Home Forums Gardening Where are all the butterflies

Rockrose Posted 2 weeks ago
Where are all the butterflies

I dont know if it just the area l live in but l have not seen many yet. Even though its warm and sunny day. Is it just me or has anyone else noticed this?

5 likes & 10 replies
    • Lonelysole 22nd June 2022 at 1:54 pm

No thinking about it I have not seen hardly any this year x

• Kathscot 23rd June 2022 at 11:35 am

The one I saw was last week and I’ve just seen another The verges around us have been left uncut so should be seeing more Have seen a few big bumble bees but not many

• Chunky Buster 23rd June 2022 at 4:25 pm

The chemicals they are spraying in the sky don’t help!

• NannaG 23rd June 2022 at 4:32 pm

My balcony normally attracts quite a few butterflies but as you said before , not really seen any thusfar ?? Only thought about it after I read your post

• Tambos57 23rd June 2022 at 4:39 pm

Good point, not noticed any this year but it has been cold until last week or two. Whether that has any impact, not sure?

• SBraveheart 23rd June 2022 at 4:58 pm

Ive heard of snail mail but how to butterflies get the news.
      Perhaps they are still on Lockdown.
      Seriously though you are right I hadnt picked up but my garden was a magnet perhaps a flight path
      Daddy long legs usually all over the solar light is it early for them?

• Cabe 24th June 2022 at 11:01 am

I have seen some but not many, some brown and red ones here and in Peterborough, some small blue ones… But got to say they could be all up here (even tho’ haven’t seen many) as all our Box bushes in the area, were attacked by a yellow and black caterpillar plague! They made all the bushes in to a webby mess and I had to go out and basically ‘shave’ my boundary hedge by about 5 inches all round! Gutted I was to do it, as it’s my dad’s garden and he’s just passed. Hope it grows back and that they all flew off somewhere … (for the moment – ANYwHERE except here..!)

• Renoir64 29th June 2022 at 10:43 am

Just in the last week they’ve turned up here in rural Leicestershire. At least 6 different species and I’d say over 30 individuals (we have a big garden)
      Also a hummingbird moth.

Add