Home Forums Music When your over 50 your music collection is like Wi...

Deleted User Posted 6 months ago
When your over 50 your music collection is like Wikipedia
6 likes & 14 replies
    • Anne Horne 27th July 2021 at 11:12 am

There is good music in all eras. I have a big variety of utube music on my facebook page and enjoy listening to it. I’m enjoying Roy Orbison’s Í drove all night’and Ýou got it at present. I am researching my Scottish ancestors and enjoying pipe bands. I’ve discovered Clann An Drumma, that’s worth a listen.

• MikeT0501 27th July 2021 at 2:43 pm

My musical library began with ABBA but then migrated to metal / punk at school, progressive rock at college and now sits fairly firmly in the symphonic metal genre. Of course each band collection lead to albums by the members
      There are some pretty obscure gems.
      The advent of Spotify combined with long term illness has massively increased the number of bands / artists I listen to now.

Incidentally please use the correct spelling of you’re

• Frank_H 27th July 2021 at 3:02 pm

Be sure to listen to everything then and keep it up to date.

• Vixster 27th July 2021 at 3:42 pm

Do you think so? I find a lot of people only listen to what they liked years ago and of them quite a few only liked pop so not much range at all. Each to their own however!

• Officeboy 3rd August 2021 at 6:42 pm

Yes true, you pointed out most people but alot of clubbers or purists like me grew up listening to Soul Funk Disco early 70s, Rap, Jazz Funk, little little bit of New wave music and later i got into 80s Dance,House and Garage music, that would now be over 30 yrs old even though it sounds modern sounding, now that is old music it doesn’t have to sound like the Beatles or Beech boys which wasn’t my era.Anyone in there 50s now should know the above music.

• Shaun1963 27th July 2021 at 3:47 pm

Never pay for therapy, music is more effective, there whenever you need it, suits any mood you could imagine, and the real beauty it’s 24/7 and totally ‘FREE’

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 27th July 2021 at 9:54 pm

Must admit my apple music subscription has opened up a whole new world. I love the blues and this has given me the opportunity to listen to so much – old and new.

• keith51 28th July 2021 at 6:56 am

Since going to the first Stonedeaf festival in 2018 (now Stonedead) I’ve discovered bands which I’d never heard of but are on a oar with the ‘top’ bands. I started with the Beatles in early 60’s but now I have albums by Beyond the Black, Within Temptation, Massive Wagons, Those Damn Crows ….and more. I could make a very, very long list of all the newish bands I listen to.b😊🤘

• Rob1000 3rd August 2021 at 7:28 pm

I use Spotify nowadays, almost exclusively. I got rid of all my vinyl and CD’s years ago and I don’t miss them at all; if there’s a shortfall in sound quality I’m prepared to live with that in exchange for not having the clutter associated with physical media! I consider myself to have an above-average interest in music and to be honest, playing my phone through the soundbar and sub-woofer sounds pretty good to my ears! I do feel some level of guilt for using Spotify as I understand the failings of that business model in terms of the poor revenue that independent artists receive, however I support independents in other ways through buying tickets for live music, donating to crowdfunding campaigns etc. Spotify has changed my listening habits though – I listen to a far wider range of artists, but I’m not sure I listen as intensely as I did when I went and purchased a specific album…

• Sapbloke 12th August 2021 at 7:50 pm

I have my singles n lp’s from mid 70’s plus shellac 78’s n vinyl 45’s I inherited from the mid 50’s. Still play it all. Also got sonos n deezer so I play whatever I want in whatever room in the house. Listen to classical, rockabilly, rock roll, motown, northern soul, disco new wave, new romantically,electronica, us rock, heavy metal. So yep…I got a lot of it. Tend to avoid todays stuff though.

• Ems 13th August 2021 at 9:09 am

Music is a massive part of my life, couldn’t be without it, calms me down, makes me happy and picks me up when down. I have kept my vinyl, tape and CD collection, could never get rid of it as part of my life and memories. Got into Spotify last year, having finally upgraded my phone, what a godsend that was on my daily walks especially through first lockdown. If it wasn’t for spotify and its adverts I would never have found a new artist called Griff, she has an amazing voice, also won best newcomer at the Brits this year. Total convert to spotify (and the world of podcasts). Music is the soundtrack to your life 💜🎤🎧📻🎸🎶

Add