Home Forums Loneliness When someone gets nasty if you mention a subject t...

annp12 Posted 11 months ago
When someone gets nasty if you mention a subject they don’t want to hear or answer .then accuses you that you are starting a row .what’s your opinion on this
10 replies
    • loislane 21st September 2021 at 9:30 pm

Gaslighting, emotional abuse, not a good trait, people use it as a way of deflecting.

• annp12 22nd September 2021 at 6:50 am

Do you mean I hit on a soar subject that he’s guilty of but refuses to tell the truth..

• Daisychain 22nd September 2021 at 8:07 am

I agree with Lois and sometimes it’s a refusal to take any responsibility for a given situation. ‘It’s not my fault’ is a usual response. Whatever this relationship is, I’d seriously recommend leaving it behind as it can cause you real mental anguish and take away your self-confidence. Continually being told you are the problem can have huge effects on you. Be kind to yourself.

• Always 22nd September 2021 at 8:17 am

Walk away! These people will never be happy until you become a nodding dog agreeing with everything they think and say and won’t allow you to have your own opinions. Abusive and dangerous

• Christopher Leslie 23rd September 2021 at 8:57 am

There are two things to consider. Is this a recent thing or have they always been like this. If its always been this way then its abuse. If its a recent thing then there may be an underlying health issue. For example a urine infection or maybe altzimers both of which can cause the mind to act in a more aggressive way.

• Forestbather 23rd September 2021 at 4:34 pm

BIG red flag.

• Mommy bear 23rd September 2021 at 7:20 pm

Yes I know someone like that soon has i say anything they say oh dont start or dont come here arguing like treading on egg shells but you feel the one thats wrong for trying to mention something

Add