Home Forums Music When listening to music do you love to sing along...

Vamp. Posted 10 months ago
When listening to music do you love to sing along or just happy to think of the meaning of the words, or does it depend upon when you are and at what time of the day or night?
2 likes & 27 replies
    • Deleted User 20th October 2021 at 8:16 pm

Depends on a few things but yeah I like to sing along now and then but my voice is very deep and rough so there’s not a lot I can singalong too.
      I tend to sing along to Tom Waits because of that.
      Like this>>>>

• Paul of Southampton 21st October 2021 at 10:28 am

It varies. Sometimes sing along and sometimes mime.

Listen more to the words of serious songs

• Deleted User 21st October 2021 at 10:35 am

I am a definite sing-along-er 😃 especially in the car.

• Deleted User 21st October 2021 at 11:31 am

Singing in the car is usually with the grandchildren and it’s nearly always The Beatles by request.
        I did it with the kids now with their kids in this family everyone knows The Beatles and for singalongs they’re fantastic.
        It’s often shout and scream and laughalongs.

• Deleted User 21st October 2021 at 11:20 am

To be honest the older I get, the less inclined I am to listen to vocals generally. Instrumental music does it for me a whole lot more, although (weirdly) vocals in a language I can’t speak I can tolerate!

• Linpap 21st October 2021 at 4:17 pm

I sing along very loudly to the radio in my car sometimes forget I’ve got the window open and have had a few funny looks! If my daughter is with me we sing along together but we’re always mixing up the lyrics yesterday in say a little prayer we managed to mix up the together forever no forever together no Aretha would definitely sack us as her background singers

• paxton1974 21st October 2021 at 4:42 pm

Comfortably Numb wish i was a lot of the time .

• Deleted User 21st October 2021 at 4:50 pm

Comfortably numb is obtained via heroin.

• paxton1974 21st October 2021 at 4:53 pm

Thanks thought it was Opium

• Deleted User 21st October 2021 at 5:09 pm

Heroin is made from opium and opium has always been difficult to obtain in the west.
          Around about 1974 ish I had the pleasure of experiencing opium every day for a week as did many others around me.
          Amazing journeys to other worlds.
          A lot of people I knew smoked it and went down the pub so they had taken opium as a pain killer but would they listen.
          Those of us who knew smoked it lying down even shoved it up my bum lying down even swallowed it lying down and the treat from opium are the dreams in semi sleep it’s why you lay down.
          I remember going off to war an almost endless war and running fighting hiding starving rescuing people but not on this planet!
          It was very weird and the war went on and on for if I remember rightly fifty years but I then woke up and discovered I’d been gone a few minutes… another puff on the pipe and I was on a sailing ship with pirates and deformed dogs and mostly drunk and singing but again very other worldly.
          The nearest experience I’ve had to it is morphine in hospital.

• paxton1974 21st October 2021 at 9:09 pm

Remember Whicker visiting a place in China & they where all laying down .

• Deleted User 21st October 2021 at 5:25 pm

All the above. I sing my heart out when I’m alone.

• Joyfull 21st October 2021 at 5:55 pm

Definitely sing along, even if the words are in the wrong order! In the car there’s only you to laugh at yourself 😊

• Carol2651 21st October 2021 at 7:06 pm

I sing along ..and or dance if lm where l can

• Alb 21st October 2021 at 7:11 pm

I have the world’s worst voice so only sing along when alone but when not singing along I do like to check out the lyrics. Main reason for this is partial deafness so I will often get the lyrics wrong if I have not checked them out

• william6850 21st October 2021 at 8:33 pm

all depends n the music etc i guess or time and place
      listen to lots of music mostly cause just enjy it
      and sometimes makes me rember where i was etc;;;;;;;

• Wunderwoman 21st October 2021 at 11:13 pm

Depends where I am and with who. Car is a good place!

• Catwoman 21st October 2021 at 11:20 pm

I sing all the time in the privacy of my home

• -Tracy- 21st October 2021 at 11:59 pm

I love to sing at the top of my voice in the car, love a good 80s rock ballad to belt out. So de-stressing!

• C. Impey 30th June 2022 at 4:57 pm

I sing, play and move. 😊

• SBraveheart 30th June 2022 at 6:35 pm

Alcohol and mood plays a part for sure but I like to sing and from time to time happy feet while cooking.
      Although there are a few happy police busy bodies in the court.
      Much easier than when I was in my flat. As for the car I could care less.
      As long as I remember when queued at junctions or traffic lights.

• Always 30th June 2022 at 7:54 pm

Absolutely always sing along 😊

• Budge 30th June 2022 at 8:24 pm

Depends on what I’m listening too and the mood I’m in.
      In the car, when I often have my granddaughter, I tend to have to listen to Disney, particularly Moana, how far I’ll go and Brave, touch the sky, I know all the words but I’m forbidden to sing along, so she can hear and sing it herself. 😂

• Hope Full 5th July 2022 at 7:04 pm

Is it OK to sing along if you don’t know the words?
      I sing what I can, make up other bits ( E.g do you know the Dire Straits line – “money for nothing and some chips for tea”?) and hum the rest – it drives my son crazy!! 🤣.In his rule book, you can only sing if you know all the words 🤐

• Boboagogo 18th July 2022 at 7:42 pm

Like to sing along

Add