Home Forums General What’s the last thing you treated yourself to

Deleted User Posted 8 months ago
What’s the last thing you treated yourself to

I’ve just ordered myself a concept two bike- I thought when’s the last time I treated myself to something and couldn’t remember.

5 likes & 281 replies
    • Brighton Belle 1st June 2021 at 10:49 pm

When Boris lets us run feral…..

• Richard21 2nd June 2021 at 7:35 pm

30 ft yacht

• Shirlann 3rd June 2021 at 7:46 am

Think I’ve been treated myself too much lately 🤔🙄Amazon is too easy 🙃

• Inky Ess 3rd June 2021 at 10:12 am

Last thing I treated myself to was a grinder/polisher for my silver making hobby. It’s wonderful! It has made it so much easier when finishing my jewellery.

• mdshamilton 4th June 2021 at 10:44 am

I’ve got a Concept2 RowingErg that I’ve finally started using daily with some motivation from the trainers on Apple’s Fitness+. Hoping to get in a boat at Molesey Boat Club this summer with my eldest son who earned his rowing blue with the Oxford Lightweights days before lockdown last year.

• Deleted User 4th June 2021 at 11:23 am

Great machines and great workouts. Sometimes it’s just getting past the mental block if doing distance.
        I remember working out one time on a rower and doing a decent pace. Then a professional Rugby league player came in (Skulthorpe) and used the tower next to me, never seen anything like it in terms of power and pace doing interval training, 30 seconds full on then 30 seconds rest and so.

• mdshamilton 4th June 2021 at 11:37 am

Yes, agreed. I’ve found that I got bored getting on for 30mins and rowing 6,500 metres, but when I get a recorded trainer led workout on the iPad to train with the time flies by and I’m absolutely shattered and drenched with sweat at the end. I doubt I’ll ever see the inside of a gym again between the rowing Erg and road bicycle.

• adeliza0165 6th June 2021 at 12:56 am

I treated myself to an expensive bottle of Gucci…lovely.

• Paul095 7th July 2021 at 1:33 pm

A motorbike

• Reverend Nick 8th July 2021 at 9:21 am

Remember that hi-spec iPad Pro I said I’d ordered? Well the distributor DPD have “lost” it! It was at the depot on the 19th but never left it. I suppose we can draw a natural conclusion as to what’s become of it.

Apple have been very good and will send me a replacement, obviously free of charge. But from DPD not so much as a “Soz” even though the loss has clearly happened whilst under their care.

By the time the new one comes, it will be a month since I should have had it. What do you reckon I should ask for by way of compensation?

• Deleted User 8th July 2021 at 9:29 am

Isn’t it down to the retailer to compensate?

So long as you receive what you have paid for, I don’t think the courier will offer anymore than an apology.

Good luck though

• Reverend Nick 8th July 2021 at 12:30 pm

Not sure I agree – whatever happened to it was under DPD’s duty of care to take reasonable responsibility for the goods that were in their possession and that they have undertaken to transport and deliver. They’ve clearly had to had refund the value (£1700)of the item to Apple. (I’ve had a temporary invoice credit from Apple) So if they can’t come to some compromise for my inconvenience – to the ombudsman it will go.

• Lorraine1 8th July 2021 at 9:48 am

On the brink of ridiculously expensive Penhaligon’s perfume – someone talk me out of it!!

• George W 8th July 2021 at 10:29 am

Cambridge AX C35 CD player…never knew CDs could sound so good .Also just bought myself a season to ticket for Partick Thistle….more of a penance than pleasure though .

• Reverend Nick 8th July 2021 at 12:32 pm

Very nice, Cambridge have a good name in that area.

• George W 8th July 2021 at 1:05 pm

Yeah, augmented by a Cambridge AXR35 receiver and a nice wee pair of 85 watt Audio Monitor speakers….originally all bought to rediscover my ancient vinyl Collection but found listening to CDs just as enjoyable .

• Barbee1968 11th July 2021 at 11:55 am

Oreo cookie dough and chocolate ice……last night it was so yummy😀!!

• Moonbeam 11th July 2021 at 11:58 am

Had my eyebrows done 🙄 yesterday and maybe a facial on Monday 🤔 it’s been a long time since I’ve treated myself to anything

• Jane2021 11th July 2021 at 12:09 pm

For the most part, I’m a Scrooge because I like to splash out on luxurious holidays. However, my passion is jewellery and when an ISA matured, I simply couldn’t resist a very beautiful nearly 3ct trilogy. Being pre-loved, it’s gained far more in value, than the money would have made if I’d left it there. Seems like a win/win deal, to me!!!

• Colin in Kent 11th July 2021 at 12:55 pm

I have to say I spend constantly (mostly books) but all at very low costs. Having spent the majority of my life struggling to find two pennies to rub together even though I’m now reasonably solvent I still think ‘no, I can’t justify the cost’ for anything over about twenty quid. The one thing I’ve treated myself to in the last year has been a pair of Sony WH-1000XM4 headphones, after not only three colleagues at work raved about them, but also one of my friends. Love them for listening to podcasts.

Also spent £8,000 on vets bills since September, but I’m not sure I’d classify that as a treat for anyone concerned…

• Deleted User 2nd September 2021 at 7:18 am

A pasteis de nata (Portuguese custard tart) Only about 60p in Lidl but so delicious!

• Chak21 2nd September 2021 at 7:58 pm

A bric-a-brac event and a meal and a few beers out with a mate.

• HH 2021 2nd September 2021 at 8:07 pm

I bought myself a new dress, then for some reason, decided to clean the bathroom in it, and got bleach on it. I mean really! What a plonker!🙄🙄

• Always 2nd September 2021 at 8:08 pm

New shoes!! 👠 👠 ❤️

• Sue47 2nd September 2021 at 11:06 pm

New double glazing for my daughter’s house, an equal amount toward modernisations to my son’s house, a dumper and a digger (and other small things) for my granddaughter’s 3rd birthday. She gets really excited when she sees them on the roads. The biggest treat for me was to know I’d helped them with what they needed rather than have to wait until I can’t see them enjoy it any more. I did buy myself a winter coat from a charity shop, it felt quite extravagant spending £12.50p on a woollen Windsmoor coat but it was bnwt (£139!), I loved the bright red colour and the cowl collar so couldn’t resist 🙂

• John L 3rd September 2021 at 6:51 am

Since retiring early in April I have treated myself to a bottle of Moet each month🙌🙌🙌
      This is going on for the first year at least! 😎😎😎
      Cheers 🍸🍸🍸
      John

• vonden65 3rd September 2021 at 8:23 am

A touring caravan I brought myself in June so I could go away when I want and still socially distance

• Keith D 3rd September 2021 at 3:25 pm

I high quality citizen wrist watch

• ShirleyB 3rd September 2021 at 8:35 pm

Nothing for a while then 3 dresses in two weeks

• Optimistic 3rd September 2021 at 10:54 pm

A luxury 9 day train journey around Scotland…soooooo looking forward to it

• reliquit 3rd September 2021 at 11:31 pm

A Garmin Montana 700 hand-held GPS. Ridiculously expensive at nearly £700. The technology is no different to the GPS I had previously but the big screen was just too much to resist. Hiking will never be the same…..

• Dabsey 4th September 2021 at 11:45 am

Two games for PlayStation will be my first ever go.

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 4th September 2021 at 12:42 pm

A pressure washer sad errr but I needed it ha ha

• Kenton 4th September 2021 at 9:40 pm

Man Utd no 7 Ronaldo shirt

• Cheers on toast 4th September 2021 at 10:07 pm

£475 drone that ended up in a river on its third outing luckily i managed to recover it from the river bed and have it replaced through the insurance.

• Joliv1202 7th September 2021 at 11:21 am

Last big treat was a conversion kit to make my old bike a “e”bike. Finally got round to fitting it last month and wished I’d done it sooner. Hills? What hills…. Power pack is the handlebar bag, and the motor is in the front wheel hub. The bike is old, 35 years plus, but it’s a comfy frame that I fit really well so I wanted to keep it., ps also have another road bike…

Add