Home Forums General What would you do moving forward, if you found out...

Mo001 Posted 3 months ago
What would you do moving forward, if you found out someone pretending to be your friend is making up stories about you??

To another person 🤔

Would you walk away and leave them to it?

Confront the person (your pretty sure who is story telling)?

Carry on as normal as possible?

2 likes & 34 replies
    • Colin in Kent 24th May 2022 at 5:54 am

If you’re comfortable with confrontation, I would bring it up with them, and present them with the evidence. After all, it doesn’t need to be done in an aggressive manner. If not, then I’d walk away, although then there’s the risk it would continue unchecked and give them fuel for even more stories. I don’t think carrying on as normal is an option, because it would always be on your mind in your dealings with them.

• Terry75 24th May 2022 at 6:45 am

If they are doing that Mo they’re not much of a friend. I’d tell them so and walk away.

• Mo001 24th May 2022 at 7:46 am

Thanks Guys, I appreciate you taking the time to answer. Life can be a lot harder than it needs to be sometimes 💜

• Forestbather 24th May 2022 at 7:53 am

They sound like they are about 6 and don’t want to sit with you in Maths. My guess is that they are jealous of your new hair bobbles. Or they are jealous because the cool boy from the football team fancies you and not them.

Move on and avoid the toxic little madam.

• Terry75 24th May 2022 at 8:47 am

Found this.

• Reverend Nick 24th May 2022 at 10:32 am

But I really am a Nigerian Prince😉
      Your money was only “resting” in my account!

• Dennis 24th May 2022 at 10:37 am

Chinese burn them..
      Seriously though, I’d confront them see what they have to say for themselves, either way good luck Mo 👍

• Lonelysole 24th May 2022 at 11:22 am

Confront them and walk away xx

• Blauro 24th May 2022 at 1:40 pm

Mo, I think you should speak to them to let them know how you feel, what you know and find out why they did this…….then cut them loose!

• dcostelloe 24th May 2022 at 8:59 pm

ignore them who needs a friend like that? Unless the stories are good and in that case a good friend

• TmonT 24th May 2022 at 10:49 pm

Think Colleen Rooney is person to talk too about this 🤔

• TOD1967 24th May 2022 at 11:32 pm

Time for a honest conversation: “ I’ve heard…”, can we have an honest conversation please?

Far too many issues/ concerns are caused by apparent posts/issues on social media. Sadly this has allowed the crazy street violence we have to breed.

The greatest weakness if communication is not having to say it direct!!

• Rob N 25th May 2022 at 8:46 am

Often this can be a misunderstanding and it’s a shame to end a friendship without giving your friend the chance to explain. They may be in a bad place themselves and need support. Or they may have been given wrong information. I’d start with “you and I have been good friends and I really value that. I was so sad to hear something today … “

• Purple boots 25th May 2022 at 9:06 am

I would talk with them about what you had heard and if it is true then they would no longer be my friend, or you could go full Wagatha Christie like Coleen Rooney 🤣

• Tambos58 25th May 2022 at 10:03 am

Ohh is this Rooney and Vardy:)

• Pops McCarthy 25th May 2022 at 10:35 am

Let’s just say that people who have done this to me have seriously regretted doing so.

• Catwoman 25th May 2022 at 10:37 am

If you’re good at keeping calm, I’m not, ask them about it and why they did it? Then walk away. They don’t deserve your friendship
      May not stop them telling stories though. But a true friend who knows you wouldn’t care what she’s saying

• adeliza0165 25th May 2022 at 11:20 am

Hope you’re ok morag.

A friend of mine had this happen to her some years ago and she was accused of things she believed to be untrue. She did confront her but it came to nothing – she couldn’t see the truth, so in the end she realised she wasn’t a friend and walked away. She was devastated. But she does have a good circle of friends anyway and has a big family around her aswell and I reminded her of that and that one bad person won’t be missed – a bad loss is a good loss really 😏

I think we’re drawn towards people/ friends like ourselves – my good friends are kind, funny, loyal, considerate and sincere and would never do anything dirty behind my back and they never have.

• Ziggy1959 25th May 2022 at 11:41 am

Quite easy for a start they are not you friend. So only one option tell them to Jog On. And that is me saying it politely

• hayhurstbolton 25th May 2022 at 1:41 pm

I would ask why, then walk away, it would hurt but you need to trust a friend, if this has happened then how could you trust them moving forward. I hope this doesn’t hurt too much.

• alanski 25th May 2022 at 4:06 pm

If I had the money, I would hire an overpriced legal team and sort it out in court for all the world to see.
      Can’t imagine what inspired that idea – but it’s a good one. 🙂

• JayH 25th May 2022 at 6:30 pm

I put up with this for years and never confronted her but sometimes I wish I had, then I remind myself that they she wasn’t worth it. She lost a good friend that day.

• Mo22 26th May 2022 at 12:18 am

Cut her out of your life. I have recently done that with a good (I thought) friend. Not nice but there it is. Sometimes you think you know someone so well and when they let you down it’s difficult. But that’s life. Don’t dwell on it for too long. You’ll be fine

• Moonbeam 26th May 2022 at 3:17 am

You only have to look at. the Waga Christie case played out in the courts, it turns ugly. It’s best to get out before trouble starts.
      However, make sure you have your facts right and have proof. It’s nothing more upsetting than to be accused of something you’ve not done.

• Mo22 28th June 2022 at 9:01 am

Hi Mo001. This post popped up. Just wondered how things panned out. Ok I’m a nosey old bag!!

• SH 28th June 2022 at 1:53 pm

Mo hope you are OK.
      I would calmly speak to that person and ask for an explanation. If you aren’t satisfied, walk away. You can’t control what people say and you don’t need to be caught up in the negativity.

• Pops McCarthy 28th June 2022 at 2:02 pm

Face them up. Every time.

Add