Home Forums General What would be everyone’s perfect Dinner Date...

Dc forever Posted 1 year ago
What would be everyone’s perfect Dinner Date 🤔
2 likes & 36 replies
    • Marica 17th January 2021 at 12:14 pm

I would have loved to have dinner date with Alan Rickman but sadly he died ! So Daniel Radcliffe would be another (I like Harry Potter stuff!!) But also for fascinating conversation Stephen Fry and Sandie Toksvig would be great guests. For any perfect partner, I adore James Nesbitt , shame he never graced my door, he would probably never get out!!

• Gill B 17th January 2021 at 1:42 pm

I think it would be very entertaining to have Stephen and Sandie .. especially at the same time as they could exchange quips across the table!! No pressure on them.. I ‘ll have to think about this one!

• Deleted User 17th January 2021 at 1:11 pm

Number 1 would be Johnny Depp, after that it would be two of my favourite authors, Peter Robinson because his settings are all local to near where I live and I can picture it as I read, and the other one is David Baldacci whose books I really like.

• Gill B 17th January 2021 at 2:32 pm

I think Robson Green – he has made fishing sound really interesting – and chat about almost anything, or Tony Livsey on 5 Live Drive who can do the same. Failing that and if desperate someone like Peers Morgan, whom I don’t particularly like, but just to watch him take centre stage!

• Deleted User 17th January 2021 at 2:53 pm

I should add Victoria Hislop as well

• Teresa Ann Francesca 17th January 2021 at 3:37 pm

ANYONE! Just want to get dressed up and get out of the house to be wined and dined and waited on. And not have to cook or wash up

• Deleted User 17th January 2021 at 3:47 pm

Ronnie Scotts, food, champagne and music to blow the cobwebs away. I have a ling list. Lol
      Annella

• VFP 17th January 2021 at 4:39 pm

I think it would have to be Heston Blumenthal, but I would like Gordon Ramsey to cook the meal!

• Josie The Black Country Wench 17th January 2021 at 5:10 pm

For me it would have to be Desmond Tutu and the Dalai Llama. I recently read a very fascinating book about their friendship with each other. It would be most stimulating and also quite relaxing all at the same time.

• Deleted User 17th January 2021 at 6:02 pm

For me having a “dinner date with one of my heroes” would be like giving an elephant a strawberry. I would find it mentally most unsatisfying. Annella

• Dorothea 18th January 2021 at 11:56 am

Another human being, preferably with access to a working restaurant.

• Teresa Ann Francesca 18th January 2021 at 4:19 pm

With you all the way Dorothea

• Amanda in Durham 18th January 2021 at 10:46 pm

Totally with you on that one, Dorothea!

• Josie The Black Country Wench 19th January 2021 at 8:39 am

We kind of have that. My son in law is a Head Chef. He and my daughter have been living with us for 2 months. They had to return from Malta because of all the hotels closing and no work or money. He cooks us the most amazing food. All serv ed up in style.

• Dorothea 19th January 2021 at 2:07 pm

Oh now that’s just rubbing it in! 😭I am so jealous. It takes me all my time to think what to cook and you’ve got your own Head chef. Enjoy!
          PS I hope he will be able to get a job once this carryon is under control.

• Josie The Black Country Wench 19th January 2021 at 4:41 pm

He is hoping to set up his own business, it is his dream to run a coffe place and cater for all dietary needs. He loves food and loves cooking it. We are all hoping that all will go well and once restrictions ease he and his wife can open up and start making people happy in Cheltenham.

• Dorothea 19th January 2021 at 6:30 pm

Cheltenham! I might get to enjoy his food after all. I’m up In the northeast, but my goddaughter works in Cheltenham, and if this virus thingy ever goes away, her mother and I are long overdue for a visit (she usually comes to us). If he does gluten free (my friend), there’s a table with our names on it already😁

• Josie The Black Country Wench 19th January 2021 at 10:19 pm

They will definitely be catering for Celiacs . Our granddaughter is one of those unfortunate ones who cannot have even one part in a million of gluten. I am allergic to dairy products. It is because this is all in the family that they want to cater for all dietary needs. The cafe will be called Lazy Graze. It will be in Montpellier. We just have our fingers etc crossed that they can make it work during Covid. If not they may have to go back to Malta.

• Dorothea 20th January 2021 at 12:12 am

I wish them all the best. When they are up and running, send me a message, and I’ll tell goddaughter – maybe she can encourage a few work colleagues to pop along. In the meantime, I’ll make do with a tub of icecream😟xx

• Josie The Black Country Wench 20th January 2021 at 7:26 am

Enjoy the ice cream. Will send message once they open.

• Dreamyboy 18th January 2021 at 12:23 pm

Dara O’Briain the comedian – went to see him on stage a couple of years ago, very funny, intelligent man. Bill Bryson, the travel author – fantastic sense of humour and Michael Palin, ditto.

• Ann50 18th January 2021 at 5:00 pm

Would I have a table big enough to sit my guests around for dinner? The list would be enormous as so many people intrigue and interest me! Comedians,
      astronauts, scientists, doctors, artists, writers, actors and finally a broad representative of the poor, all of us have something to give to others and the best gift is sharing with others.

• Deleted User 18th January 2021 at 10:55 pm

Christiane Amanpour for me

• LeighS 18th January 2021 at 11:01 pm

Being a tennis fanatic someone like Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal or Andy Murray would be nice of the current players. Going back several years it would have to be Bjorn Borg 🙂

• AntrimPotter 19th January 2021 at 2:21 pm

Oh for me, it woul have to be Dara Obriain, Stephen Fry and Michael Portillo, oh and Homer Simpson

• GreginYorkshire 19th January 2021 at 5:02 pm

Dinner date? Oh yes, I remember those… vaguely haha! Essentials are great sense of ummour, twinkling eyes and wanting to kick their shoes off and lost formality 🙂

• Teresa Ann Francesca 19th January 2021 at 8:27 pm

I had a tin of soup for dinner. Just couldn’t be bothered to shop or cook

• Dollycon 20th January 2021 at 12:50 am

Rosa Parks, Marc Bolan, Barak Obama and Billy Connolly. Rosa could see the consequence of what she did, Billy and Barak would make us think and laugh and Marc would remind me of my teenage years. As for the food, who cares with those folk for company.

• Lisav 20th January 2021 at 6:28 pm

I would love to have a dinner date with Elvis Presley, but no longer with us and his music lives on, i would like a dinner date with Bill Nighy, Ken Dodd, Richard Gere, Ainsley Harriot, Charley Pride, Conway Twitty, dean Martin, Johnny Cash, Kenny Rogers, ShaKin Stevens, this way o would get plenty of music and food and laughter and some romance.

• BridgeBourne 20th January 2021 at 9:16 pm

Torn between staring at the eye-candy and not eating – Daniel Craig, Timothy Dalton, a young David Cassidy, Tom Hiddlestone, Richard Gere

Or listening and thinking and maybe eating- Barak Obama, Dalai Lama, Michael Palin, David Attenborough

Or a fabulous chef to cook and share meal with me – like Michael Roux Jnr, Tom Kerridge

• griffithsmary4 21st January 2021 at 2:46 pm

George Clooney

Add