Home Forums General What are your thoughts about online dating.

siandeve15 Posted 9 months ago
What are your thoughts about online dating.

Back before the Internet & mobile phones.
I met my second wife adverting in the lonely hearts column of Loot news paper.
My first cousin also found his second wire on a dating website.
For me it’s a posative absolutely.
Worked for me.

20 replies
    • Chojo 7th October 2021 at 8:29 am

I got matched with 3 of my ex’s and a Somalian princess. So it’s a no from me!

• Deleted User 7th October 2021 at 10:15 am

Its a no for me for on line and newspapers. As to me a lot of of the profiles are fake .
      I got sick of sending messages and not getting replies.
      Also a lot of messages to me were fake .
      If i meet someone in the street or in person or by accident then so be it. But after 25 years I’m getting past caring. Mr chipps

• Island Hopper 7th October 2021 at 10:21 am

I did an awful lot of online dating until I met my husband. My advice would be to choose a decent provider. The free and cheap ones are exploited by all manner of people, whereas if you splash out a bit on one of the reputable sites, you generally find genuine, quality matches. I recommend ‘eharmony’ without hesitation.

• Deleted User 7th October 2021 at 11:10 am

I’m on Elite which is expensive, some creeps on there !
      Resolved not to have a man in my life, if it happens, fine, if not, then the Remote is mine forever 🤣🤣

• Poppy and Jo 7th October 2021 at 11:32 am

🤣🤣 here here 👍

• Deleted User 7th October 2021 at 12:29 pm

I recently dipped my toe into online dating but found men in my age bracket (45-55) want women 10 years + their junior. I get plenty of likes from those over 60 ( which I wouldn’t completely dismiss straight away ) but I think ideally I would be best suited with someone around my own age.

I have decided online dating isn’t really for me, although haven’t yet removed my profile.

• paxton1974 7th October 2021 at 1:16 pm

I met the most beautiful lady ever on line & wished i had married her but due to my stupidity i didnt & now 13 yrs later iam still in touch with her but married to someone else .

• PaulineMK 7th October 2021 at 7:36 pm

That’s what I did well similar to you,it’s the worst thing ever,Some times wish I could turn clocks back but to late now.
        Just waiting for knight in shining armour to come haha

• paxton1974 7th October 2021 at 8:00 pm

Its my own fault sadly now i have to pay for it mind was wrong as i kust lost my Mum who i looked after & didnt want to be alone .

• loislane 7th October 2021 at 2:51 pm

I remember Loot.
      Only works for the lucky few.
      Too many fake profiles, fake people.
      Too expensive.

• BeverleyC 7th October 2021 at 3:26 pm

I met, and later married the love of my life online. We had 8 years (almost five married) together before cancer took him. I will be f
      orever grateful for how we met.

Having said that, there are some absolutely horrible people on those sites. You have to have your wits about you.

• paxton1974 7th October 2021 at 7:57 pm

Of course you have to check them out its a bit more difficult than face to face but there are people that lie online & face to face .

• Whitemusk1951 7th October 2021 at 4:12 pm

My experience was not good lots of married people on there, so didn’t bother again,
      Have known a few success stories though

• Be Be 7th October 2021 at 4:47 pm

Whatever happened to speed dating, I think it’s a brilliant idea. Most of us know in the first 5 minutes if it’s worth pursuing a relationship or not. Being it back someone!!

• Lyndar1 7th October 2021 at 5:57 pm

I met my partner online. We have lived together for 8 years. A good experience for me .

• Fuff 7th October 2021 at 6:54 pm

Haven’t tried it – too chicken lol

• hell.fenn 7th October 2021 at 8:53 pm

That’s a no from me.

• Sanden54 8th October 2021 at 9:02 am

I would love to but so many questions .. it seems you have to meet so many people before finding one genuine person. There are so many companies to choose from .maybe putting an ad in a newspaper might have better results !!

• Purple boots 8th October 2021 at 9:05 am

I have put my profile up on a dating site but have not joined yet as it is quite expensive. I’ve had some messages from men really just looking for sex, so I’m not sure if I’ll pay the membership of delete my profile

• Wunderwoman 8th October 2021 at 10:22 am

I am kind of curious but terrified as it seems so brutal to me. I separated earlier this year after 22 years of marriage, not sure yet I’m ready for any kind of dating, to open myself back up to a man just yet, might just muddle my thinking even more. So I don’t know right now.

Add