Home Forums General What are you all doing on this Bank holiday weeken...

Be Be Posted 12 months ago
What are you all doing on this Bank holiday weekend? I’m catching up with friends and family. I will be avoiding Brighton seafront as it’s absolutely packed. Since I retired, weekends and Bank holidays don’t have the same importance. Do other retirees feel the same?
2 likes & 16 replies
    • Colin in Kent 27th August 2021 at 3:55 pm

Cinema tonight and Monday, meal out that friends have arranged tomorrow night, and a BBQ at sister and brother in law on Monday (they live opposite so not that far to travel!). Other than that I am frantically busy trying to keep a deadline I was given for the end of the month. Thank goodness for Bank Holidays!

• Selsdon 27th August 2021 at 8:00 pm

Totally agree about weekends and bank holidays.
      Retirement has provided me with the luxury of being able to avoid the crowds and traffic at these times.
      In some ways I miss the specialness, but I certainly don’t miss the workdays that made them special 😉

• Forestbather 27th August 2021 at 8:04 pm

Wuuuuuuuuuurking. I am such a loser.

• loislane 27th August 2021 at 9:02 pm

Avoiding the beach

• Vervain 28th August 2021 at 7:48 am

As l don’t work due to health problems bank holidays mean nothing. When l was at work it was just an extra day at home.. As it is l have no money so l won’t be going anywhere. Perhaps If l had the money and could spend a few days away from people that would suit me best.

• Deleted User 28th August 2021 at 8:19 am

It’s my birthday on Monday and my family are taking me to The Ivy in Harrogate!

• Deleted User 28th August 2021 at 9:50 am

Thank you

• vaughanpauline 28th August 2021 at 9:55 am

I am having a nice quiet day today catching up on housework and a writing project and avoiding the tourists that are sent to plague us in the Lake District.

That’s the theory anyway, at the moment I am sat by a Waterside cafe drinking a turmeric late in the sun!

Tomorrow I’m out to lunch with a friend at a lovely wine bar that is mainly undiscovered by said plague of tourists!
      Sunday evening I will be at Silver Friends zoom talk about Chile hosted by another member who has lived there. It promises to be both informative and fun.

Monday, nothing planned yet but I will probably end up doing the jobs I should have done today!

• Daisychain 28th August 2021 at 11:59 am

We are currently in the Lake District and going home Sunday. Not our choice but to fit in with a family holiday. Two children, five grandchildren, one partner and his son and ex husband and his wife. Phew. It’s the first time we’ve got together for 8 years. Sadly, one daughter, husband and two grandchildren are missing as they live in New Zealand. Last time was Thailand.

We normally stay at home during the school summer holidays, taking time out in term time. It’s so very busy here and I’m looking forward to getting home and having a rest, “far from the madding crowd”.

• plotno6 31st August 2021 at 12:48 pm

Totally agree with you,

Add