Home Forums Care & Caring What about the over 70s?

JLR Posted 5 months ago
What about the over 70s?
1 like & 6 replies
    • Cat lover 5th January 2022 at 11:00 am

I’m so pleased that someone has put this on here.There must be lots of oap’s that are still “staying indoors 24/7” and are so very very bored!!

• Artemis 5th January 2022 at 12:20 pm

What about them ? I am over 80 and have absolutely no time to be “bored” There is a whole vast world of interesting stuff to engage in – more than you could even start on in several lifetimes And if you do not have the internet which gives you access to more than you could ever hope, then there are books and the radio and the better TV. And the telephone.
      Why not write your own book ? or some poetry ? or paint a picture?
      And there are loads of charitable community groups big and small which need your help to do their good work,. And even if you are “staying indoors” you are still allowed to get out in your garden and grow things.

• Gillpat 5th January 2022 at 5:35 pm

Age is just a number, too much emphasis on how someone should be at that number. No holds barred, achieve, depending upon your HEALTH.

• JLR 28th January 2022 at 7:43 pm

The point of my question was more about the fact that many older people cannot or perhaps get confused with all the threads of the app. Is there some way to help them? Many do not have the know-all or oomph to cope. Is the object of the site only concerned with savvy, outgoing people?

Add