Home Forums General What 3 reasons would you guys give for you coming...

Mo001 Posted 4 months ago
What 3 reasons would you guys give for you coming on the RL forum???? 🤔

I was hoping for fun escapism and if interacting on more serious issues a mutual respect that everyone has the right to an opinion.

But if challenged and there is times when someone will cross the line, it is challenged in a mature manner.

Today I posted a thought which is close to my heart and another forum member posted a verbal response and a picture of the attached pills. Which he suggested a take 2 of a day to help with my issues. His compassion was overwhelming and I was stunned. He took the post down but that’s the reason for my question.

I’m curious what other people would like from the RL forum.

4 likes & 79 replies
    • Chojo 24th January 2022 at 5:23 pm

I was hoping for a bit of fun and laughter but also the chance to make friends. Finding someone to connect with not necessarily in a romantic way although that would be nice but just someone to chat with about life and other mundane stuff.

• Catwoman 24th January 2022 at 5:36 pm

To see if it was better than Facebook (it is) to meet and chat with others of a similar age and for entertainment (laughs)

• SelsdonLion 24th January 2022 at 5:41 pm

Just conversation and a bit of fun with people of a similar age

• Mad Ralph 24th January 2022 at 6:06 pm

It was me that made the comment which was meant to be tongue in cheek. I was asked by another member if I thought my comment was a bit harsh?

On reflection I decided it was, so I returned to the forum and deleted the post.

Christ, burn me at the stake why don’t ya. 😂

• Always 24th January 2022 at 6:23 pm

I think it was curiosity, a need to believe there are people who are like me and are growing old disgracefully rather than taking it lying down, a desire to increase my social circle

All of the above boxes ticked

I never expect or want everyone to agree with me on everything I much prefer to be challenged positively. The secret is not too take anything to personally

• Tambos57 24th January 2022 at 6:36 pm

Personally it’s somewhere to go to share a laugh, share experiences, interests, conversation and not forgetting the banter.

Joined with an open mind, no expectations.

What I do like is it’s a close online community, no rudeness, appreciation of other peoples views, jump into a conversation without feeling awkward.

• Robert K 24th January 2022 at 7:09 pm

I joined for the various articles – they really are good and often very relevant to me. After a few weeks I clicked on the Community button – oh if I could only go back in time!!!!!

It’s been fun – it’s the lighthearted chat for me. Happy to engage with any posts though. Not keen on confrontation, as I feel I have had enough in my life

• Solstice 24th January 2022 at 7:53 pm

It has achieved, for me Friendship, informative and on occasion, challenging my patience.

Glad to say the friendships are good. The information has proved useful, and the challenging behaviour, minimal. I’m also very pleased with the fact that I haven’t retaliated aggressively. I’ve just looked beyond. I’ve tried to be more selective in my responses and for those I have chosen to ignore? I am respecting myself rather than calling them out.

• Staying Alive 24th January 2022 at 7:58 pm

We’re a family a great growing team we stick by each other supporting each other in whatever way we can.
      Bring laughter and joy we bring tears and quite often food😂🤣 we bring chocolate, we bring Crisp, we bring pies, Will you bring curry, we bring pizzas, but we don’t add the pineapple 😂🤣 we need our food we need our cheers 🥂😂🤣

What’s stopping you jump aboard you will have a fabulous time. We’re not crazy really. Well one or two.
      🤣😂

• Brummie Boy 24th January 2022 at 8:09 pm

I’ve made many friends on here, and although I’m on many tablets, none of them are Prozac😂 I enjoy the banter and camaraderie on the site, as well as the jokes, I can be serious but prefer a light hearted outlook, off now to take a librium tablet, lol 💊👍

• NeilB 24th January 2022 at 8:49 pm

I joined because FB told me a couple of friends liked RestLess so I thought I’d take a look.

Glad that I did – RL is a breath of fresh air compared to FB with all its nastiness.

It’s my kind of crazy.

Just noticed the question was 3 reasons.
      2. um 🤔
      3. err…

Oh, and to meet new people- which we did in Stratford 🍷🍷🍷🍾

• Woodcrafter-Keith 24th January 2022 at 8:49 pm

I joined Rest less after seeing an ad on Facebook a couple of weeks ago thought the articles and info may be useful but then I found it also had the forums and I have to say I’ve loved every minute of it I absolutely love the banter and I’ve been made to feel very welcome and I can see great friendships being formed

As for Ralph putting his foot in it well what can I say there’s always one 😉

• Mo001 24th January 2022 at 8:52 pm

Thanks everybody for your input, I appreciate everyone’s point of view 💜xx

• HH 2021 24th January 2022 at 9:00 pm

You really get to know the regulars on here, you feel like you know them personally too.
      I’ve made some great friends, and would love to see them again, Shame I can’t make the meet up in Devon..
      But I think the site is great for getting advice, getting to know people, talking about any old rubbish and having a bloody good laugh!
      And you never know, there may even be a Restless wedding too!

• Cheers on toast 24th January 2022 at 9:00 pm

I joined for the light hearted posts, good advice, chats, laughs and banter.

Some new people have mentioned a clique, there is not, it is just some regular posters who get on and enjoy some banter so tend to post on the same sort of threads. That carried on into real life when we met up, what a great bunch. It also led to me meeting the love of my life 🥰🫂

It is good to see so many newcomers on here but a shame that many don’t post much after an initial introduction Anyone is welcome to join the clique / gang and I look forward to seeing new faces both online and at the next meet.

I can count on 1 finger the times I have fallen out with anyone on here I act as I do in real life and take everything in my laid back stride. There has been the odd trouble maker but seeing how much they stuck out is a testament to how kind and decent the vast majority are.

My mantra :

• Spiritual Guy 24th January 2022 at 10:07 pm

My answer is simple ..

“Password123”

(Sorry I thought it was one of those phishing type questions 😂 )
      – sorry Mo 😉 x

• Reverend Nick 24th January 2022 at 10:20 pm

Can’t remember how I found Rest Less – must have come in through the wrong door!

It’s true, I’ve had to hand over my dinner money every day and some of the others have played ‘catch’ with my bag – and that’s just from the ladies. But for all that, it’s a very agreeable talking shop, where nothing sucks (such a tasteless word) unless it’s a vacuum cleaner.

• Linpap 24th January 2022 at 11:26 pm

Well I was reading about how to volunteer in my local area clicked on community almost by mistake and ping! Here were all these people chatting rubbish and suddenly I felt right at home…,

• VFP 25th January 2022 at 7:41 am

I joined the forum to pick me up after bereavement and the deepest darkest lockdowns and found it’s a great place to chat and make friends. I do read these posts every day but don’t engage as much because I’m working on a few time consuming projects but I love catching up with all your antics!

• madeleine45 25th January 2022 at 9:12 am

I dont remember how I found my way onto this group. Was quite cautious about putting my comments at first. Dont know the style and havent figured out what I want to do with it, whether it is safe to be part of. As a widow , recently moved and of course due to covid have been unable to use my normal strategies to meet new people and find my way around. I like meeting people and having those get togethers , whether a casual coffee or serious meetings about cut backs and what we need to do. Was a volunteer 3 times a week for the ambulance service and did Talking Newspaper for the Blind. I am an eldest, a lecturer and used to sorting out problems and helping others to do the same. So all of a sudden stuck here in the chaos of recent move and no contacts. So my 3 reasons for joining (for today, will probably have 3 different ones tomorrow!) are

1. the opportunity to have at least a bit of a social circle in this stressful time
      2. The chance to offer my take on a situation that of course people are able to totally ignore, disagree with or add more ideas to the pot
      3. The recent eruptions of volcanos have nothing to the pent up head of steam that I feel, hearing all the news etc at the moment and of course no opportunity to have a rant ! . No chance to invite a friend to coffee o lunch, where we can put the worlds to rights and blow off steam, which I feel can do equal harm to yourself, if you cant sleep or get so mad you could throw the remote control straight through the tv screen. Of course my views may help no one, and this government is certainly not interested in peoples views, but you are saving the NHS money, I am sure, by giving me a platform to have a bit of a rant. A friend who is very laid back, is always telling me to let it go etc. and ignore it. Well he has a calmer life, but in normal circumstances getting mad about something is the step to doing something about it, and helping to improve life for people. I never want to be the person who just says Oh well what can I do about it, or pass by on the other side of the road . My belief is that even if the only thing we can do is to let someone have a rant (like this!) or go home and punch the pillows , it shows you are still alive! Good tip. When I had a family to feed I used to have a good , one rise, recipe for bread. So my way to let off steam and not harm others was to get out the bread making ingredients. You get such satisfaction in bashing the dough, and whether you have lost your favourite earring and have searched to no avail, or have been reading about Boorish Johnsons shenanigins , the more you knead and thump the bread , the better the loaf comes out. You also have that wonderful smell of baking bread to cheer you. So many , many memories are brought back by the smell of something. Cherry Blossom shoe polish – local show and riding – the smell of freshly ironed clothes that have been dried outside, and the smell of the bread , takes me back to junior school in the winter, and arriving home on a dark and rainy day to open the door with those wonderful smells of home and getting into the warm. well I have had my chance to have another little rant and now I will get on with some of the jobs that I have put off doing, So my new routine is that when coffee time comes around I shall see what other people have had to say and this is going to be like distance learning , but more long distance coffee morning. There is one thing, if we were at a live coffee morning you might all be wishing I would shut up, but on here at least we have that great thing , missing from every day life right now CONTROL!!! So scroll down, be pleased for that idea you can use, cancel the thread, shut the laptop down and go for a walk, shout idiot at what you read. This is something we can choose to do and not break lockdown or someones head!! At the end of your reaction you will hopefully feel less stressed and be ready to see what else you might like to investigate. Oh and I nearly forgot, you can listen to Radio 3 whilst you are doing it !

• MalcolmC 25th January 2022 at 7:02 pm

I was starting a new life as a single person after 30 years of marriage. I was rusty with regards to meeting new people and it seemed a good place to start. I was looking for conversation, fun and, maybe, to meet new friends. All in all, it has been a successful experiment

• Blauro 26th January 2022 at 6:18 am

I joined this group from an advert in FB.
      My marriage had come to an end and I was looking to chat to new people and make some new friends. So far RL and the people on here have been great.
      I’d love to spend more time on here but work gets in the way😂

• madeleine45 26th January 2022 at 9:24 am

One good thing when you cant sleep and life feels tough but you feel 3am is a bit early to ring your best friend, ta da !! I can sit here waffling along to my hearts content. You have the option of skipping straight past my post so no harm done, but when Boorish Boris is somehow STILL the pm today and I am frightening myself by thinking what my electricity bill will be , and I live alone, I can sit here quietly ranting along. Now I live in a flat I cant put radio 3 on or world service as I used to be able to do, I must investigate some headphones but dont like the feel of them . Anyway when I feel cold I go back to bed and sometimes can drift off to sleep again or at least have a relaxing time having handed my ranting over to you lot!

• Smileyday 26th January 2022 at 9:51 am

Ok, I will be honest … cause I’m nosey 🤣🤣🤣
      It’s a little light relief from the mundane matters of life. You learn some things , laugh at others and I’m actually starting to realise I’m not on my own at being a bit of a nutter …pleased to be on board ❤️

Add