Home Forums Travel We’re planning a trip to Italy next year, any su...

Debs G Posted 7 months ago
We’re planning a trip to Italy next year, any suggestions for the best and reasonable car hire
7 replies
    • reliquit 16th October 2021 at 11:23 am

Here’s a tip – do not attempt to drive in Rome! I’ve driven all over the world from Miami to Marrakesh, but the only place where the actions of other road users actually frightened me was Rome.

• JaneG 16th October 2021 at 11:32 pm

The Public transport system in Italy is excellent whereas the traffic in the tourist areas is horrendous! I would agree with reliquit and say don’t hire unless you really intend to go off the beaten track.

• Debs G 17th October 2021 at 12:17 am

I totally agree, wouldn’t ever want to drive in Rome, we’re flying into Naples and staying in a B&B between Pompeii and sorrento

• Dipty 17th October 2021 at 10:33 am

Hi Deb my name is Dipty. Im an independent travel agent ABTA approved. If you would like me to help you with car hire and anything else, ftom accommodation to excursions please contact me via email with your dates of travel and size of group or family and friends. I will be glad to be of service. My email id: [email protected]

Looking forward to be of service

• Tuppence 17th October 2021 at 10:46 am

Hi Debs, if I’m honest, the only countries in which I have been terrified are all in Asia. India, Laos, Thailand and Japan are top of my list! But it’s always good to have a car and certainly if you’re off to Tuscany I would hire one … it’s an area where independence is almost a necessity. Just don’t drive in Rome! Or Paris! Ciao

• Bakingbree 17th October 2021 at 10:49 am

If you haven’t already booked your flight, try a flight and car package. We did that with BA when we went to Umbria two years ago. It was easy to do and cost effective.

Add