Home Forums General Well this is a hot topic 😳, is it too early to...

debm19 Posted 3 months ago
Well this is a hot topic 😳, is it too early to put up the Christmas decorations,

This is my first Christmas as a newly single women with a teenager daughter and after last year I’m thinking what the hell and so tempted to start pulling the Dec’s out of loft and going for it, what do you think 🤔

18 replies
    • Robert K 13th November 2021 at 3:39 pm

Go for it! No one is judging.

Made me remember – if you have a lot of Christmas lights go to Aldi for batteries! I was reading the Which report on batteries – Aldi is the clear winner and a fraction of the price of the big names.

• loislane 13th November 2021 at 3:42 pm

I don’t put mine up til December.,i don’t get excited by the thought of Christmas at all now, at least you can get them down and see what you’ve got

• Stormy 13th November 2021 at 3:58 pm

I’m pretty much anti Christmas but last year, in lockdown, with only garden centres open, we bought some new tree decorations, so looking forward to getting them out this year. But not till December 1st at the least.

• Shirlann 13th November 2021 at 4:53 pm

A few houses round our way have lights on 😁guess a way to cheer you up!!!

• VFP 13th November 2021 at 4:55 pm

It’s too early for me, but if you love the decorations then go for it! Chez moi decorations go up a few days before Christmas and come down by 6 January (although I can’t remember why it’s 6 January). That’s enough tinsel and glitter for me.

• Chojo 13th November 2021 at 4:57 pm

Don’t bother much with Christmas, just a few ornaments that mum likes but they don’t go up till the week before Christmas.
      If it cheers you up go for it !

• Louise F 13th November 2021 at 5:26 pm

Never too early 😉

• Shirlann 13th November 2021 at 5:50 pm

Remember one year put them up on November 14 was our son’s second birthday 🙃

• Robert K 13th November 2021 at 6:05 pm

I don’t mind putting them up early – but I prefer them down on January 2nd – it’s all over by then.

• Dez66 13th November 2021 at 6:23 pm

Well never used to put them until 2 weeks before Christmas… But found myself newly single and I now think anything goes as lifestyle changes and time flys..
      If it makes you smile go for it 😁

• Alexandra 2013 13th November 2021 at 6:40 pm

Never 🤣🤣🎄🎄🎄 one year I had 7 trees all with lights and decorated different colours and sizes 👏🏻👏🏻

• debm19 13th November 2021 at 8:32 pm

Love this, I for years i worked at a garden centre in essex that starts Xmas August bank holiday every year so from July we were pricing tinsela and baubles so I love Xmas decorations and have always had lots lol

• Always 13th November 2021 at 6:52 pm

It’s too early for me but each to their own as long as it makes you happy x

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 13th November 2021 at 8:36 pm

I put my decorations up last week lol 😜

Add