Home Forums Family & Relationships We just found out our middle son 38 is the father...

CJ1 Posted 2 months ago
We just found out our middle son 38 is the father of a 14 year old boy to a complete evil woman

She lived with us for a while, but one day took my 3 dogs for a walk after a while they returned alone. She was drunk and was carried back by my son. Soon after they moved out to a flat nearby that ended when she called the police on my son when she was drunk saying he tried to strangle her. He was released the next day and came home. He only found out in 2017 DNA was done and he has paid maintenance since £400 a month but she wouldn’t let him see the child. I am devastated we had no idea till Sunday . I don’t believe a child exists. What can be done.

2 likes & 17 replies
    • Chris Frederick MHFA 29th June 2022 at 8:17 am

Wow what an incredible story and what happened to the 3 dogs?

• Just me 29th June 2022 at 8:57 am

Stop the payment and see what happens

• CJ1 29th June 2022 at 10:27 am

Someone else said this but he won’t as he thinks if he upsets her, she will cause trouble! He thinks the DNA was correct. I still have doubts

• Renoir64 29th June 2022 at 10:28 am

Basically if he’s the father he should go to court to get access as unless there is some very good reason she can’t deny him seeing his own child, only a court can do that.
      I don’t want to be funny but this has the feel of 50% of a story from his side only.
      I’m sure he wouldn’t be paying the money if he hadn’t seen the proof of his parentage and if there’s been court proceedings for maintenance chances are
      the question of access raised then.

• Speedy123 29th June 2022 at 12:37 pm

yes take it to court get it sorted one way or the other only way to get to the truth and to have access if the child is yours mate , thousands have been and are where your at , legal advice is free in first instance hyou get half hour free with most solicitors. hope this helps buddy

• CJ1 29th June 2022 at 12:41 pm

My son does not want it to go to court as she is evil. I tried to tell him but not listening. The worry is driving me crazy but thanks

• Renoir64 29th June 2022 at 2:39 pm

Oh I’m so sorry to read that. You must be worried sick. The DNA test would need him to provide a sample one presumes. From what you say their relationship continues to be a toxic one

• CJ1 29th June 2022 at 5:11 pm

He left years ago and nobody wanted to see her again. Then suddenly when the child? If existing aged 7 she is supposed to have started DNA results. She is now married to somebody and nobody knows her name .

• Speedy123 29th June 2022 at 12:45 pm

get social services involved is an option for the protection of the child ,or stop paying maintenance then she would have to take him to court and it can all come it in court, think first thing is dna to find out if he is your grandchild, or your son go get his own flat not tell anyone where he is till its sorted , Spains nice this time of year get a job out there have some fun

• Shell69 29th June 2022 at 2:50 pm

I can’t believe your son is paying maintenance for a child he isn’t allowed to see. It may not end up going to court. Correspondence via solicitors may resolve it. If it did go to court, the judge would also take into account the child’s wishes re whether he wants to see his dad or not as he’s 14. I really feel for you.

• Speedy123 1st July 2022 at 10:02 pm

Good then he has the responsibly to ensure his son has all the help and chances in life , sorry to have to say it but your son needs to toughen up and give his son everything he can as a dad as a provider, including holidays , boys need their dad I had stepdad he was not good , I went through hell till I was 16 then left home and moved in with my dad, so go for I say get it to court ,

• Speedy123 2nd July 2022 at 10:45 pm

no more to be said then , it seems you don’t really want to sort it out , im out of this conversation , but good luck hope it gets resolved for the child’s sake if not for anyone else

Add