DebbCatt Posted 1 year ago
Walking

Hello,I have just joined and love walking. I live in the Wirral area

20 likes & 29 replies
    • Bornslippy 5th January 2021 at 10:45 pm

Love walking, clears the mind 👍🏼

• Deleted User 6th January 2021 at 7:37 am

I took early retirement and took up walking to clear my.mind last year. So therapitic

• Deleted User 6th January 2021 at 12:30 pm

Before Covid I drove everywhere! Discovered walking during lockdown, with the added bonus of seeing where I live from a new perspective! It distresses me and is welcome respite from being indoors!

• Deleted User 6th January 2021 at 1:19 pm

Hope you enjoyed your walk!!

• Andy23 7th January 2021 at 3:13 pm

Just done a 7k walk, feel so much better 🙂

• Paulbilly 10th January 2021 at 9:38 am

I love walking, especially along the local canal path, you see so much more and it clears the mind.

• Frankit 10th January 2021 at 10:55 am

I’m self isolating so I’m doing Leslie Sansone walking program via YouTube, its great.

• Chris45 10th January 2021 at 11:03 am

I recently walked from my home to a local castle, through woods. Loved it, and intend to do more walking. Decent walking boots a must.

• Deleted User 10th January 2021 at 11:07 am

Hi, lots of really nice people on here. I love walking as well, my dogs get me out everyday

• Vervain 10th January 2021 at 6:37 pm

I walk my dog most days usually it’s the local park. Sometimes we go across the canal if it’s not too muddy. The best walks are when we are by the sea.

• DebbCatt 10th January 2021 at 7:50 pm

Sounds lovely. I live by the beach. I love the openness of the sea. This is the place I walk most days. Like so many have said on this lovely community, walking is so good for the soul

• Paulbilly 12th January 2021 at 11:22 pm

Me and my hairy friend had a great 10k loop along the canal but I’d swap it for your beach any day.
        Ps I am knackered after entertaining her for so long. 😯

• Marica 12th January 2021 at 7:11 pm

You are very lucky living by the beach as it enhances any walk but I agree , walking is so good for anyone and we have some lovely parks near me so there us always someone different to go

• DebbCatt 12th January 2021 at 7:23 pm

It’s so nice isn’t it. I’m such a creature of habit and although we have some lovely walks around here. I walk the same walk most of the time, and enjoy it every time, never get bored and always find something else interesting that I hadn’t noticed before. I love to just sit on the rocks and listen to the sea, with my dog coco sitting beside me x

• Marica 12th January 2021 at 8:58 pm

What sort of dog have you got?

• DebbCatt 12th January 2021 at 10:21 pm

I have a cavapoochon, not the most energetic dog to walk, she’s very small but a great companion. She easily does 2k a couple of times a day though. However, when I’m out I want to say out

• DebbCatt 12th January 2021 at 10:35 pm

Do you have a dog Marcia ?

• Deleted User 20th January 2021 at 2:52 pm

That does look like a lovely walk 😍

• NeilP 20th January 2021 at 4:14 pm

My dog demands a walk every day , it what keeps me sane at the moment.

• Gwennieb 20th January 2021 at 8:01 pm

I love walking whatever the weather or route. I mix Cotswold way with walks through local housing estates and older houses and sometimes a bit of heritage. Always something new to see.

• NeilP 21st January 2021 at 2:25 pm

Nice day for a walk

• Inky Ess 21st January 2021 at 7:17 pm

Oh wow! You are so lucky to be close to such lovely scenery. I’m discovering little pockets of loveliness near to where I live now. Before I used to go to the coast in the car but can’t do that now. It’s been fun going out for walks and discovering new places nearby. Sadly nothing as beautiful as this though

• DebbCatt 21st January 2021 at 7:07 pm

Looks beautiful out there

• NeilP 21st January 2021 at 7:37 pm

It’s just good to be out , the dog always demands a walk

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 21st January 2021 at 10:14 pm

I recently relocated from Margate to London and am missing my loooong coastal walks… I look forward to getting out and exploring the city more widely, on foot when its safe to go out again. I am thinking of joining the Ramblers, are there any Ramblers here?

• Relaxation 21st January 2021 at 10:43 pm

Feel better after a good walk, especially in the countryside

• Gwennieb 22nd January 2021 at 1:09 am

I have only recently joined the group too and i love walking too. I have been practicing mindfullness walking to help me to switch myself onto what is actually happening, going on for me, what is there and not judging it but accepting this is how things are now. It has taken me a good while but the pandemic has helped me to achieve “in the moment and really enjoying my walk” and my head not recycling everything. I never had the time to walk every day before but i did swim most days -so i’m hoping to alternate in the future.

• Honeybee 123 22nd January 2021 at 6:37 pm

Hi,love walking my 4 dogs everyday,you get time to clear your mind ,an you meet other walkers to chat to ,

Add