Home Forums House & Home Upcycle garden heater ( from old washing machine d...

David D Posted 1 year ago
Upcycle garden heater ( from old washing machine drum & peddle bin)
34 likes & 11 replies
    • Josie The Black Country Wench 20th February 2021 at 9:06 am

What a great idea. Love the painting too.
      Are you in Turkey now?
      We have a house in Crete. Almost made it there before first lock down. Bags all packed and they cancelled the flights and Crete closed it’s borders. Miss it so much.

• David D 20th February 2021 at 2:22 pm

Hi Josie, yes we are, it’s a little cold at night at the moment, so the heater will come in handy for the garden. Never been to Crete but pictures I have seen. It’s looks lovely. So sorry you couldn’t make it out there. Hopefully when things ease you can get away,

• CoffeeLady 21st February 2021 at 8:24 am

Your tiles are beautiful!

• Josie The Black Country Wench 21st February 2021 at 11:28 am

This is our house in Crete and the view from the front terrace across the mountains. The Steps are typical of the village. We live at the top of the village so regularly have to walk up or down them. Crete is so beautiful if you ever get a chance I would recommend it. My favourite Greek Island obviously.

• Isabelle FR 21st February 2021 at 12:30 pm

This is great. Thanks for sharing. I love upcycling ideas. I constantly look for opportunities to reuse things or transform them. Your tiles are beautiful too.

• David D 21st February 2021 at 5:48 pm

Thankyou so much, I love upcycling the heater works a treat.

• SH 17th July 2021 at 3:50 pm

Looks amazing, love the idea of recycling where we can.

• Stuart 17th July 2021 at 10:35 pm

That’s a pretty impressive piece of upcycling! Have you ever thought about selling some of your projects on Etsy or somewhere?

• David D 18th July 2021 at 10:38 am

Hi Stuart, I used to some time ago, they were lamps made from driftwood.
      We were changing our washing machine and I had seen this on a site, and thought I would give it a go. The guy who came to take the old one away was not impressed as you can imagine it was in bits.

I suppose you could sell them, if you could source the drums.
      They are very effective.

Add