Home Forums Health Turmeric – help needed

PaulEssex Posted 5 months ago
Turmeric – help needed

Hi, I read recently on the benefits of Turmeric for minor pain and aches. I wondered if anyone can recommend how best to take it, where to buy it, how long till it takes effect, any side effects etc. Many thanks!

9 replies
    • Gary K 10th September 2021 at 10:27 am

It has anti-inflammatory properties. My wife uses it for joint pain (general getting older aches). Two things, we eat it regularly in curries and soups, fresh grated root, and powder. She also takes tablet supplements daily. Anecdotally, she thinks it has helped her appreciably.

• SelsdonLion 10th September 2021 at 1:48 pm
    • Daisychain 10th September 2021 at 2:08 pm

I have it as root to eat with Asian dishes. I can’t see the point of taking pills so just include it in your diet from the raw product.

• Mad Ralph 10th September 2021 at 2:10 pm

I take a capsule every day as a preventative measure. The price varies wildly from company to company so I suggest a google search. There’s also a mixture of turmeric, black pepper and oil (I think) called “golden paste” that has a massive following of people that swear by it.

• ChrisSamples 12th September 2021 at 11:10 am

I take it daily as a supplement, I buy it from Amazon mixed with ginger and black pepper as an activator, definitely helps with minor aches, pains and arthritis. I use a magnetic bracelet that definitely helps too. Fun getting old isn’t it!

• RedPoppy 12th September 2021 at 12:13 pm

Hi I take turmeric at every opportunity heard it was good for inflammation so why not. I add to soups stews mince dishes and sprinkle over a salad. Just to make sure I get it down me! thanks for bringing this subject up……

• LawrieL 12th September 2021 at 12:50 pm

Whatever you decide to buy, make sure the % of curcumin is high. Turmeric Vitality UK is a company you may wish to check out. They do Bio-fermented turmeric with forest berries which is a liquid and also capsule form which a lot of people prefer.

• PaulEssex 14th September 2021 at 4:12 pm

I ended up purchasing the High strength Turmeric with Black Pepper (600mg) from Holland & Barrett, but the capsules are huge! It took about 20 minutes and 2 pints of water to get it down… I can’t be having that every time, are they all like this??!

Add