Home Forums Volunteering Trying to use INDEED

Add comment

• Trying to use INDEED

For a long time, I have been wrestling with the best way to use the INDEED job board.

I search every day so look for jobs since I last looked, sorted by date and without search terms.

Since I look every day I would expect to see the most recent jobs at the top. But no, I see jobs that are 7, 14 or even 21 days old above some newer jobs. This I find confusing and annoying because I am then unwittingly looking at jobs that are very old and that I have already viewed. This is the only job board that really gives me a problem and  I end up spending more time than planned on the site.

Are there any other INDEED users that can suggest a way around this, please?

Posted by Metroman
Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Reply by aislinggray

Thanks for reporting back.  It’s a pity it impacts the user experience in such a way.

• Reply by Metroman

Hi thanks for the link, I’ll try that tomorrow am.

• Reply by aislinggray

Hi Metroman, hmm.. this sounds very frustrating.  You could try their help centre here to try to get to the bottom of it: https://www.indeed.co.uk/support/contact?zlang=en_GB

• Reply by Metroman

Hi, feedback is that these are sponsored adds that are ranked higher than others. As they say, this I what helps keep the service free to job seekers.

Knowing that means I can act accordingly. Interesting funding stream.

• Reply by Metroman

Hi there and thx.

I use the sort by date in the advanced job search page so the date on the left-hand side is already selected.

I have re-created the problem by selecting temporary jobs,  all web sites, within 25 miles of Chester Cheshire, since my last visit, 20 results per page and sorted by date. as I write that generates 58 jobs on 3 pages.

Most of page one is just posted jobs, then the last 4 are|: Just posted, 30+ days, 10 days and 30+ days.

Page 2 starts: 9 days, 2 days, 7 days and just posted.

I can only assume that this is due to the compensation INDEED receive and some jobs are ranked higher despite the search criteria as I think it says at the top of every list.

I am hoping someone may have an idea of how to negate this because I find it very confusing, to say the least.

Thx.

• Reply by aislinggray

Hi Metroman, nice to meet you on here.  I’ve just had a look at the Indeed website to see if I can help you.  On the left hand side of the results page, there is a ‘sort by’ option which lets you click on ‘date’ or ‘relevance’.  If you click on date, it should automatically list the jobs by most to least recent.

Hope this helps!

Aisling

Viewing 4 reply threads