Home Forums Hobbies, Sports & Leisure Trying to sell

Wiggs1958 Posted 1 year ago
Trying to sell

Hi I’m trying to sell my handmade clay products. I love making whimsical cat like animals but finding it difficult to sell.

1 like & 17 replies
    • Deleted User 24th March 2021 at 11:27 am

Have you tried selling on Etsy (https://www.etsy.com)? There’s all sorts of handmade products. Might be worth looking at.

• lifecoachingandcolours 25th March 2021 at 7:43 pm

I would also suggest Etsy, its a real go to for handmade unique items. Did you ask them for help in setting your account up?

• Cyclebunny 26th March 2021 at 10:13 am

Have you tried Pinterest? Just a suggestion and not sure about setting up..

• hulldon1 26th March 2021 at 11:41 am

Amazon have a hand made category.

• Wiggs1958 26th March 2021 at 11:58 am

I didn’t know that thank you.

• Globetrotter15 2nd April 2021 at 8:28 am

You can sell anything on Amazon.

• Finnellio 18th March 2022 at 11:24 am

What platform do you sell these things on? I would recommend using amazon because I’ve been using it for a few years now, and I can tell you it’s the best option for successful sales. If you want to have more results than you have now, then try Helium10 Review (https://learnretailarbitrage.com/helium-10-review/) because this software has always been a strength of amazon sales. When I first found out about it, I knew I could have unprecedented success and increase my sales for the season. I’m already doing better than I was two years ago, so I’m happy with the result.

• Mad Ralph 18th March 2022 at 12:23 pm

I’ve tried various selling sites like Shpock, vinted but they don’t get the number of buyers like ebay. The only trouble with ebay is it’s full of scammers and the rules of the site favour the buyer in any disputes. Facebook marketplace is my go-to place to sell these days, if your willing to post your items the shear number of buyers is unrivalled. (I rarely post items these days so I’m sure what it’s like for people trying to scam you tho)

• Mandy R 18th March 2022 at 12:56 pm

Have a look at Not On Amazon… watch out for costly fees… do you have a local Facebook market page.. there were a few that popped up during lockdown, as craft fairs and local markets weren’t happening.

• Pennypitstop 18th March 2022 at 12:59 pm

Etsy, https://folksy.com/,not on the highstreet,
      I use Etsy which at first was quite confusing. Make sure you tick the UK only seller or you will end up with orders fro USA etc and the postage is high. I do free postage and just add it on to the price it is easier and tempts people to buy.

• EnglishRose 3rd April 2022 at 7:54 am

I would love to sell my crafts, but I agree its not easy. From talking to other crafters at craft fayres it seems you need to do a combination of different types of promotion. Including Etsy, or your own website (I don’t think Etsy like you to have both) then post photos of your crafts on Instagram and facebook alongside doing the local craft fayres. I think you can apply to belong to you local Etsy traders group to be included in the regional craft fayres they host.

Hope this helps, this is my next step

• Candle Holder 13th April 2022 at 4:08 pm

How about selling on Instagram? Much easier setup. Just get an account, post your pictures with a description and price. Have a look around at what other sellers are doing. Just research IG a little bit. You don’t have to have a website or an Etsy shop 🙂

Add