Home Forums Arts & Culture Trying to create a looser painting. The idea was t...

Davidd Posted 2 years ago
Trying to create a looser painting. The idea was to create a picture of a stag in a high energy forest scene. It turned out a bit muddy.
19 likes & 14 replies
    • Optimistic 6th January 2021 at 9:45 pm

But very atmospheric…Nice

• Bungalow Betty 6th January 2021 at 10:21 pm

When you say ‘muddy’, it sounds as if the effect you have wasn’t quite what you envisioned. But, just looking at it as an outsider, it doesn’t seem that way to me. You’ve got good depth and movement – the stag seems to be stepping out of the frame.

• Bastmanya Moonblood 7th January 2021 at 12:11 am

Love the colours!

• Sheila Goldie 7th January 2021 at 7:20 am

Nothing wrong with a bit of mud I say! (covers a multitude of sins, ha ha! well, that’s my excuse anyway, & I’m sticking with it!) Makes the clean & bright bits stand out even more.

• HD300 7th January 2021 at 11:19 am

Looks surreal rather than muddy, it has a magical feel to it.

• HD300 7th January 2021 at 11:22 am

I also think that the main stag is enough, looks like you have created a unique style, that would be quite commercial.

• Deleted User 8th January 2021 at 9:40 am

Could’ve been trying to put too many colours in it? Just the blues and purples would give a magical look.

• Jay Taylor 8th January 2021 at 4:02 pm

Looks great. Like the colours.
      My son has done a recent drawing would anyone be so kind enough to support his work and help raise awareness. This would very much help build his confidence.
      This is on Instagram. Please let me know and I will forward you details.
      I think anyone interested in art would like and be interested in what he has done. He like realism art.
      Any help / support would very much be appreciated for a young budding artist

• JellyBean 11th January 2021 at 1:54 pm

Ooh, I like it. To me it looks as though the stag has stepped forward out of the busy, hidden forest. Very nice indeed

• Chere 16th January 2021 at 2:41 am

I do not agree to the composition being muddy the stag stands out and surely that is the intent

• Estrella515 16th January 2021 at 4:17 pm

Very nice color scheme..the background reminds me a bit of paintings found in caves

• Yellow Socks 17th January 2021 at 6:38 pm

I know nothing about painting. I do know about deerzzz . He is stepping out to protect his hinds. I think he needs an angry look. When in the rut they look angry and strut just like this towards the threat. Yes I have seen them in this condition.
      I like it.

Add