Home Forums Travel To fly or not to fly

Deleted User Posted 11 months ago
To fly or not to fly

Does anyone factor in the environmental cost when making their travel plans, for example not flying? Or is it our right to fly, given that everyone else is doing it?

1 like & 3 replies
    • Deleted User 12th July 2021 at 11:41 am

I think that you have to factor in the logistics as well as the environmental cost.
      Can you actually get to your destination in a reasonable time and within a reasonable budget?
      I live on the south coast, my son is at uni in Glasgow. I could drive to see him but logistically that is a whole day driving x two or more if I stop over on route. Or I can fly in a couple of hours.
      When he was unwell recently it was a no brainer to fly to see him.

• Sue47 12th July 2021 at 12:39 pm

There are arguments for and against. For work, for family reasons people often have no choice but to fly. For pleasure, holidays etc., people have a choice. they can reach the continent by car/train, they can also decide where they want to go. Personally I’ve done my flying, last time was 6 years ago and won’t be doing so any more for environmental reasons. I’ve been fortunate in seeing many foreign lands (forces brat, forces wife), now I’m exploring the British Isles. It’s amazing what is on our own doorsteps.

• Installed18 15th July 2021 at 6:07 pm

absolutely not!! plenty of scope for travel all around us x

Add