Home Forums General Tik Tok dance videos- yes or no

Deleted User Posted 10 months ago
Tik Tok dance videos- yes or no

Maybe I’m just a grumpy old git but I don’t understand why people of certain age want to film themselves dancing badly & miming to lyrics.

I know each generation are different but can’t help feel nowadays life is full of people wanting to be loved/followed/famous for nothing

Take me back to the 70’s and 80’s when life seemed more innocent

And bring back top of the pops with some decent bands on:)

3 likes & 17 replies
    • Colin in Kent 11th April 2021 at 1:42 pm

Not sure Top of the Pops was ever innocent! At least with Tik Tok the girls can dance in the safety of their own houses…

• Colin in Kent 11th April 2021 at 1:44 pm

Plus, let’s face it – these things aren’t meant for us or our generation. Oldsters have ALWAYS decried what kids do – do you think our parents didn’t sit tutting over Top of the Pops, or complaining about what we got up to, and their parents in turn did the same. It’s harmless, let them get on with it. I see far more pernicious influence in celebrity culture promoting unhealthy lifestyles and body fixation among the young than miming to pop videos.

• CAAS 11th April 2021 at 2:32 pm

Maybe I’m a boring Old Fart, but the thing that really annoyed me was the Dancing Nurses on Tik Tok during Lockdown, I don’t know what they thought their moves would achieve, to me it was totally uncalled for and to make matters worse four paramedics, along with a Dummy on a stretcher then performed, their little dance. It wasn’t clever and totally unprofessional And made a total mockery the NHS.

• Gill B 24th April 2021 at 1:51 pm

They were probably having fun though – and needed it too in the situations that they were having to deal with. I don’t begrudge them that!

• Marica 24th April 2021 at 5:27 pm

I think that comment of they were having fun is right. But I really hate this “public 5 min of fame” where people put themselves on You Tube, TikTok (never even seen it) or Facebook and look a complete joke trying to dance or do something stupid Including that awful programmes that harry Hill last hosted like candid camera. . At least the TOTP and Ready Steady Go teenagers could mostly dance in the older days . Having said that , one of the best EVER videos I saw was Royal lookalikes choreographed to do a dance going up the aisle in supposedly Westminster cathedral for William and Kates wedding. That was just so much fun and I could still watch it now and think that was brilliant

• Andy Paddles 24th April 2021 at 5:31 pm

Dancing nurses – in our day Sid would have said “yah, yah yah!” and Kenneth, “Nnnnnh stop messing abaht!”

After a 12 hour shift dressed in PPE if dancing with your mates makes your world a better place then good on you!

• marg422000 24th April 2021 at 1:07 pm

I love Tik Tok hahaha everyone thinks I am bonkers but some of the videos make me laugh so much 🙂

• Gill B 24th April 2021 at 1:46 pm

Just take me to a dance to do the real thing instead!

• Marica 24th April 2021 at 5:28 pm

Funny how different our tastes are . I loath those public home made videos but many love then and I guess that is what makes us all interesting

• Nick Tilling 24th May 2021 at 3:10 pm

Tik Tok – another of those increasing number of things where I’ve heard the name but had to go and look it up to see what it really is. Oh dear, oh dear. However, there are some very good proper dancers out there on You Tube – check out this remarkable young lady and her electro swing dancing.

• bertacyeb 9th November 2021 at 7:26 am

You know, I share your opinion about inept dancing, but I still want to say that Tik Tok is not just dancing. Now there are many blogs of teachers and scientists. We must understand the new generation, take into account their perception of reality and adapt to it. I run my own blog where I conduct chemical experiments. Although to promote the blog initially I needed to use https://tikfreefollowers.com/ . But then I became more noticeable and teenagers started subscribing to me and becoming interested in chemistry. I think it’s not bad if you use it correctly.

• Brighton Belle 9th November 2021 at 7:48 am

Can make a fool of oneself without video the event

Add