Home Forums Loneliness This is a horrible time of year.

new snow Posted 9 months ago
This is a horrible time of year.

I don’t enjoy this time of year, constant darkness and not seeing family much but i know i’m not the only one who finds this time of year difficult so if any one fancies saying Hi it would be much appreciated,,hope everyone is doing well,,,x

2 likes & 24 replies
    • Petrie21 14th October 2021 at 1:10 pm

Hi I know how you feel loneliness is horrible how do you cope ?

• new snow 14th October 2021 at 1:19 pm

Hi Petrie i don’t know that i do cope i tell myself that tomorrow will be better and then hope for the best, i think if we have someone we can say hi to and know they feel the same it helps too, so feel free to chat to me if needed though i have noticed i don’t always get an email saying i have a message so i’ll try to log on daily to check,,

• starfish 14th October 2021 at 1:12 pm

Hi
      No you are not the only one !! Not my favorite time either.
      Hope you are ok x

• new snow 14th October 2021 at 1:20 pm

Hi Starfish yes this time of year isn’t nice,,dark constantly and i think i’m one of very few who doesn’t like Christmas much either though i love gifting,,,oh roll on spring,,,

• starfish 14th October 2021 at 1:24 pm

Not a christmas fan . The ideal family christmas only exists on tv !

• new snow 14th October 2021 at 1:29 pm

So very true Starfish i like when it’s all over and then i know the lighter nights will be arriving not long after,,,

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 14th October 2021 at 1:36 pm

Best Christmas I ever had was after my first divorce. I was alone and homeless. My eldest sister went away and let me stay at her place over Christmas. Sadly she didn’t leave any food in the place! But, being in London I found an Asian convenience store open Christmas morning and bought a loaf of bread and a tin of beans. Best Christmas ever, no stress, no arguments, no being told what to do, and beans on toast for dinner, far better than dry turkey and fake joviality.

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 14th October 2021 at 1:33 pm

Since my wife left me at the start of the year I have been completely alone, except for the occasional phone call or email from one sister and my from my daughter. Not having a single friend is pretty hard.

Strangely I love Autumn. I like the cooler weather, and I find the sound of rain or a storm soporific.

How do I cope? I talk to the ghosts I believe are also in the house. Am I mad? Quite possibly! Do I wish I had a friend I could meet for coffee? You bet!

• new snow 14th October 2021 at 1:39 pm

Hello Matt i don’t think you’re mad as i think we all at times talk out loud whether to the ghosts or otherwise,,,i like the beginning of Autumn but as it gets darker and darker i find it harder to cope and wouldn’t it be great to all meet up for a cuppa and a chat to cheer us all ,,,

• Petrie21 14th October 2021 at 1:42 pm

Don’t know where you are Matt ,but if your any where near North Yorkshire I will join you for a cuppa and a natter ,

• Petrie21 14th October 2021 at 2:00 pm

Lol 🤗

• beetlejuice 16th October 2021 at 11:42 am

Hi, we always go away for xmas and actually spend less money than i would if stayed home! i am happy to chat anytime

• new snow 18th October 2021 at 12:44 pm

Hi beetle i’m going to be spending Christmas with Family and friends so at least this year i know it will be fun but yes i understand that going away from it all would be so much cheaper might think of that for next year,,,

• Michael Bennett 16th October 2021 at 3:48 pm

I actually like this time of year. If you go outside and walk you see the changing colour of leaves and then see them falling. It can be a bit bracing (especially where you are I guess) but the slightly dimmed naturally light can make the lights from the houses seem a bit warmer. If it’s a bit cold outside then you get the inner glow from using a bit of energy if you up the pace a bit. I know people do suffer from seasonal adjustment disorder but sometimes you can still find reward in the changing of the seasons too.

• new snow 18th October 2021 at 12:47 pm

Hi Michael i try when possible to get out with my camera and yes i agree the changing colours are amazing to see,,it’s the constant darkness at this time of year i can never get used to but Thankfully it will be Spring soon,,,

• esther.bray23 17th October 2021 at 10:31 pm

Hi, I have only my cat so this limits conversation. Although I must say she did get me through the Lockdowns.
      My children are adults and have moved away. It is lonely and I worry about Christmas time.

• new snow 18th October 2021 at 12:50 pm

Hi esther i have children as well but like yours they all have their own lives to get on with and i keep telling myself the light nights will be here before i know it,,,

• esther.bray23 17th October 2021 at 10:43 pm

Yes your right it is good to see the leaves change colour especially when it’s red. I always feel like collecting them and marking a piece of them. Also, when there is a full moon it lights up the night sky and I think about the stars and Planets out there.

• Paul095 18th October 2021 at 1:05 pm

I always envy those groups of people heading out together, l seem to remember going out like that once upon a time. Perhaps we should get a few local groups together call it the breakfast club??

• new snow 18th October 2021 at 1:16 pm

Hi Paul that sounds like a great idea,,,local groups meeting would help many of us feel less isolated as well,,,

• Scaredofspiders 18th October 2021 at 2:15 pm

I don’t like the getting up in the dark, coming home from work in the dark and if there is even a bit of brightness, it’s when you’re in work so you miss it! And I’m very bah humbug when it comes to Christmas but that’s because my mum’s turkey is probably in the oven as we speak (heaven forbid there be any moisture left in it) 🙂

• william6850 18th October 2021 at 10:49 pm

darker nights feel so much longer etc
      i have my daughters at home but raely se them if in rooms
      hae freinds i sometimes message but its still not easy
      hoping get past 3 am for sleep tonight as up later
      keep safe out their folks

Add