Home Forums General Thinking of the sea….

Stuart Posted 11 months ago
Thinking of the sea….

Anyone else find themselves longing for a bit of exposure to the open ocean?

Here’s one from the archive – taken on Jersey a couple of years ago. Such beautiful beaches….

35 likes & 34 replies
    • Josie The Black Country Wench 21st February 2021 at 11:39 am

Oh how I miss the sea, it is so close and yet so far away. When we drive down to Carmarthen on a clear day you can just get a glimpse of it on the horizon. Llansteffan is our nearest beach about 25 minutes drive. As soon as the Welsh government lift the non essential travel ban I am going to drive to and walk on Llansteffan beach. I am Piscean and love the water, true to my birth sign. We moved here for the beaches. We have Saundersfoot, Pendine, Tenby and Manorbier all very close.

• SallyE 21st February 2021 at 11:40 am

Yes I was yearning for the sea last year. I just moved house and had a spell inbetween so booked an Airbnb and spent 6 weeks in Lytham st Anne’s. It happened to cover the second lockdown and really set me up for the winter

• Stuart 21st February 2021 at 12:01 pm

There’s nothing quite like that fresh sea air to give a sense of space and timelessness – just what is needed with the world as it is right now. The sun is just starting to peak out from behind the clouds too – wishing you a lovely afternoon!

• Deleted User 21st February 2021 at 11:53 am

Oh yes! Looking forward to getting to Whitby or somewhere nearby on that coast

• Quincy 21st February 2021 at 12:06 pm

I’m very lucky that I live near enough to still enjoy the sea.
      This is Tynemouth Longsands last week.

• Josie The Black Country Wench 21st February 2021 at 1:16 pm

This is the sea I long for most of all. And I would swim in it. The Mediteranean Sitea Crete.

• SallyE 21st February 2021 at 1:53 pm

I was due to be in Crete last September, postponed until May this year, now cancelled.

• Josie The Black Country Wench 21st February 2021 at 3:35 pm

Such a shame that you cannot go. We really wanted to go, just 2 weeks before lock down Easy Jet cancelled our flight and Crete closed it’s borders. Strict restrictions on movement were put in place in Crete. If only we could have got there we would have been warm and cosy in our little village house. There are no covid cases in the village in Eastern Crete or in Sitea. We miss it so much.

• Kieshamaria 21st February 2021 at 3:32 pm

I need the sea really missing out on my trips with my dog Ahhhhh can’t wait

• loislane 21st February 2021 at 4:06 pm

I’ve been to Guernsey, couldn’t get across to Jersey. I’m not a huge lover of the beach, not one for lying in the sun or swimming in the sea

• Angieb4579 21st February 2021 at 4:39 pm

That’s a beautiful beach, where is it?

• paulinevaughan2015 21st February 2021 at 5:18 pm

Yes I miss the sea. I live just a minutes walk from the river but its not the same. I also long for a swim in a nice clean pool.

• Karen C 21st February 2021 at 5:18 pm

Absolutely! Nothing as grand as Jersey though….. Robin Hoods Bay and Whitby are the places I am longing to visit again 😊 Hope Boris has done good news for everyone tomorrow……

• Jananne 21st February 2021 at 5:24 pm

Hi Stuart, I used to live in Jersey and it is beautiful! Moved back to UK nearly 3 years ago but luckily I am still by the sea. I always feel happier if I’m near the sea.

• Sonny 21st February 2021 at 6:50 pm

Absolutely – booked two holidays this year and trying to remain positive!! Managed to get on one of my holidays last September.

• Deleted User 22nd February 2021 at 12:19 pm

I live very close to the sea, Cleethorpes, but at the weekends it’s packed with visitors from South Yorkshire. We are looking forward to visiting the countryside.

• Just me 23rd February 2021 at 5:55 pm

as i live in EAstbourne i am near the sea and have begun to take longer walks down to the seafront and its sooo nice to listen to the waves

• Marica 23rd February 2021 at 6:40 pm

Oh such happy memories of Jersey , I have not been there for over 40 years , such a shame but not for the want of trying. Lovely photo

• Carol1000 25th February 2021 at 8:02 pm

Oh yes can’t wait think we all need a good holiday after this last year

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 17th October 2021 at 9:02 pm

Taken this morning as I only live 10 mins away in bude Cornwall … fantastic place to live

• goldfish63 17th October 2021 at 9:33 pm

I do every day and live by the sea and hear the crashing waves every night, very relaxing and calming 🙂

• beetlejuice 18th October 2021 at 8:45 am

i love Jersey, can’t think of one negative thing to say about it.This photo makes my bare feet feel all squeezed

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 18th October 2021 at 9:12 am

Nice picture. I love Wales. The beaches around Tenby are stunning.

• Vervain 18th October 2021 at 10:29 am

I spent a few days away in Wales by the sea a week ago. I miss it terribly how l envy those who live there! It is only knowing l will go back that takes the sting out

• Wunderwoman 18th October 2021 at 2:59 pm

I love the sea. Always have the urge to go in it when I see it. But having grown up by the sea, I now want to live in the countryside and get my daily green fix.

• Christine. 18th October 2021 at 6:18 pm

The most northerly point of beautiful Barbados

Add