Home Forums General Things that go bump in the night

Deleted User Posted 9 months ago
Things that go bump in the night

Who believes in ghosts- we all have an unexplained experience or know somebody who has.

Books/Films,our fears of the dark all set our minds racing.

3 likes & 26 replies
    • Fluff 3rd May 2021 at 8:46 am

One of the first laws of Physics is that energy never dies. I have had a few experiences where something seems to have either attached itself to me or where I have been living. This has resulted in some strange events.

• Deleted User 3rd May 2021 at 11:12 am

Certainly a lot more to it Fluff.

Only actual experience I’ve had was when 23. In bed but felt sure there was something in the room. Sounds daft but I was actually scarred which isn’t like me. Nothing happened, I didn’t see or hear anything, just felt there was something there watching me- and I was sober.

• Fluff 6th May 2021 at 8:38 pm

Does not sound daft at all, to me. Some people pick up on these type of thins when frequencies align. A vibrational resonance occurs when equipment or a product is exposed to an external forced vibration occurring at one or more of its natural frequencies. Given that everything in the universe vibrates & that you were the ‘product’, you may have picked up the signal

There is so much to this subject.

• Deleted User 6th May 2021 at 8:44 pm

Never happened since Fluff. People have laughed when I told them the story over the years as you can imagine. Like I said, only real time in my life I felt uncomfortable/scarred- it wasn’t a good feeling.

Few strange events in the house when a kid- the feeling somebody sat on the end of my bed.

• Fluff 6th May 2021 at 9:51 pm

One of my Sister’s had the sit on the end of the bed moment while staying with me/ I told her that my Dad used to sit there to take his socks off. Vibrational resonance?

• Deleted User 6th May 2021 at 10:01 pm

Who knows- they say kids can experience things. Maybe there is some connection of energy. If course it could all be in the mind but the fact so many people experience things tells us there is sketching we cannot explain.

• Deleted User 3rd May 2021 at 10:23 am

Not in the slightest. I don’t believe anything can’t be explained.

• Deleted User 3rd May 2021 at 11:14 am

I’m sure everything can be explained Bri, somethings we cannot explain now will be able to explain in the future.

• Deleted User 6th May 2021 at 8:06 pm

Nothing like waking up suddenly and going “WTF” and then gasping for air!

Suddenly the paint is peeling off the wall! Tears are streaming…. throat is rasping nose is complaining there is a rotting corpse somewhere

Unexplained 🤷‍♂️ although I did have chili and fries earlier…

Cheers
          David
          My boss says I intimidate the other employees, so I just stared at him until he apologized.

• min 6th May 2021 at 8:50 pm

Lol, Dev, love the way you inject a little humour into a thread!

• Louise003 7th May 2021 at 8:35 am

Yes, actual lols 😂

• Josie The Black Country Wench 3rd May 2021 at 11:28 am

I am a firm believer in other realities, that time zones exist outside this one. Different dimensions. Like in the film Sliding Doors and I am sure there have been others. Films that show alternative realities. What if I had done this on that day or what if this had happened. Also deja vu, probably most of us have been somewhere or encountered someone that we feel that we know.
      We have lived in this house for just over two years now and from the very first moment I saw it, it was warm and welcoming, there was some kind of presence and I fell in love with the house. The old part of the house was built in 1937 and owned by the same family until the people before us who bought it an renovated it. In the old part of the house there is a warm feeling, that seems to be benign and happy that we are here. Make of that what you will!

• Deleted User 3rd May 2021 at 12:18 pm

Sounds perfect 👍

• VFP 3rd May 2021 at 12:56 pm

I used to be frightened of things that go bump in the night, but not for many years. I think it’s because I somehow feel protected. But I don’t go out of my way to watch scary films either!

• susan.bowe59 6th May 2021 at 7:34 pm

Having had a nursing career of 43 yrs, I can tell many a tale, and have had a lot of personal experiences that couldn’t be explained. I totally believe !

• PhilB 6th May 2021 at 7:42 pm

I’ve walked around castles, I’ve spent time in disused mental hospitals wandering around, and I’ve been in operating theatres where lobotomies were carried out. Never had a slight tingle or indication of anything paranormal.

• Heyjude68 6th May 2021 at 8:30 pm

Having worked in residential care I too believe there’s more to come after we go. I think part of why we are like we are is to do with what we were previously. We are an energy and we never truly die just move on. If I’m wrong it’s still a nice thought to hang on to 😉

• min 6th May 2021 at 9:52 pm

For more discussion on this topic go to the “Science and Nature” group

• spooky 6th May 2021 at 11:11 pm

i happen to be a ghost investigator and have had several experiences regarding ghosts as i was raised on the subject but didn`t go on about it too much until i moved into my first home at the age of 21 which turned out to be haunted ! – to say i was scared at the time would off been the under statement of the year – i was terrified – the strange thing was it was only me that could see him ( the ghost ) and sense his presence – my ex boyfriend could not – it turned out a few years later and having more experiences that i was psychic – i joined a circle once and have been on ghosts hunts and would not mind doing it again if i had a car to get around in as the best places to go are always quite far away .

• Jugmama 7th May 2021 at 8:29 am

Me when I get up for a pee………..

• Kooky 7th May 2021 at 9:14 am

We are part of earth .. We die, we go back to earth. We are no different to any living creature. The energy we have is borrowed from earth and returned to earth when our bodies become a part of it again. Look after Earth … It’s all we are.
      Yet I do believe Earth has mysteries we can’t comprehend …

Add