Home Forums Technology The first chance of WIndows 11

Greyone Posted 2 months ago
The first chance of WIndows 11

My Laptop has just invited me to apply an upgrade to Windows 11.

Has anyone done this yet and can praise it with great praise.

2 likes & 13 replies
    • Pennypitstop 5th December 2021 at 3:13 pm

I have had the same invite…i watched some you tubes and read a few tech expert reviews they advised not to get it until all the glitches are sorted out. So I am not going to upgrade as it sounds like a downgrade that would drive me mad.

• Daisychain 5th December 2021 at 5:48 pm

When Windows 10 came out, I upgraded and wished I hadn’t so I won’t be doing it anytime soon.

• Bryanthemercman 21st December 2021 at 1:08 pm

I have upgraded my laptop to Windows 11 with no hassle that l am aware of as my PC still has the latest Windows 10 and cannot be upgraded as yet. I have computer qualifications so for me there where no issues. The only issue here is that if you still run Windows 10 there will be no updates so any issues will not be addressed.

• Greyone 21st December 2021 at 2:27 pm

Thanks for the feedback, Bryan. I actually do find it reassuring, knowing that it went well and does not require a campaign.

• Gerard371 21st December 2021 at 6:23 pm

I used a hack to get it up and running on an old thinkpad. It runs fine, the one nice touch, is that when you move your cursor upto where you can minimise or make the window fit the screen, it gives you a few options to just click, to split screen in to a few combinations.

• Greyone 22nd December 2021 at 6:23 pm

That is good to know thanks. And give me more confidence with what is to come!

• Greyone 23rd December 2021 at 2:06 pm

Thank you for the warning. Happily, I’m in no rush.

• Working artist 6th January 2022 at 11:39 pm

I upgraded a few weeks ago and have not noticed ant great change. The thing that annoys me is that when clicking on the ‘start’ icon (the format has changed), there is an extra click to view all icons!

• Metroman 7th January 2022 at 7:09 am

I think that is supposed to be an improvement. Maybe like something it will disappear when everyone has to do that. Thanks for the tip.

• Dantin 8th January 2022 at 10:21 am

I have upgraded to Windows 11 and it went very well. No problems at all.

Add