Home Forums History & Nostalgia The day I met David Bowie

Deleted User Posted 5 months ago
The day I met David Bowie

Came across this image on Pinterest. 3rd March 1970 at The White Bear in Hounslow. David Bowie and Mick Ronson, the band was then called The Hype.
For some strange reason there were some water pistols on the edge of the stage which we ended up squirting at them, as you do! Afterwards one of the band invited my friend and I to their next gig but I had to say no as my brother was getting married that weekend!

9 likes & 6 replies
    • CAAS 20th August 2021 at 11:43 am

That’s Bowie in the Red Shirt, isn’t it?

• Deleted User 20th August 2021 at 11:49 am

No, I think that’s Mick Ronson. Bowie is on the left with the red trousers!

• CAAS 20th August 2021 at 12:40 pm

Ok, it’s just from the side, the guy in the Red Shirt looks like Bowie did on his Album Hunky Dory. Then again, if the guy in the Red Trousers is singing into a microphone, it’s hard to tell, then I would think that was Bowie.
        Did you get his Autograph?

• Deleted User 20th August 2021 at 12:47 pm

Definitely Bowie, he had a rather bad perm at the time!! No autograph. But if I’d known at the time how famous he would be I would’ve got one!

• MaggieWhite21 31st August 2021 at 2:44 pm

We used to see Bowie on a Sunday night at the Three Tuns in Beckenham in the late 1960’s – we had no idea then of how amazing that sounds now!!

• Deleted User 13th September 2021 at 6:15 am

No, it’s definitely March 1970, the date is listed on several gig sites. So it’s John Cambridge on drums!

Add