Home Forums Loneliness The biggest battlefield? None other than your own...

Prash2005 Posted 12 months ago
The biggest battlefield? None other than your own mind!
10 likes & 12 replies
    • Lillian 14th July 2021 at 7:18 pm

How true

• Betsy 15th July 2021 at 2:08 pm

I agree if only we had a switch to turn it off occasionally, especially first thing in the mornings and last thing at night? It seems to always be active these days and its so tiring!

• Prash2005 15th July 2021 at 2:49 pm

Try to program your mind to compartmentalise your thought processor.

• Deleted User 5th August 2021 at 6:07 pm

A friend of mine just started journaling to understand her thought processes, she said I should do it. My response was, I don’t have to journal, my mind uses my brain to compartmentalise thoughts, binning stuff it doesn’t need and filing useful information for later use. I’ve been doing that for many years. Self analysis is great for observation.
          I must add that I’m a very organised person in general.
          Most importantly … We talk to ourselves more than anyone else, make friends with your ego and be kind to yourself. 😊

• lily49 20th July 2021 at 12:09 pm

agreed! But ,despite Lots of “advice” and counselling therapy, the suggestions to “write your worries on paper ,and then put them away” Doesn’t work for me, as the worries are Still there, and whirling round in my mind!!!

• Betsy 20th July 2021 at 3:52 pm

Yes me too, there’s so much to process during the day and then we are too busy with chores and jobs etc to sort them out in my head, so they all come out at night, either while trying to drift off to sleep or during the night when I wake and cant get back to sleep. Crazy!!!

• lily49 22nd July 2021 at 1:39 pm

and so it goes on, Every day!

• Cathie60 5th August 2021 at 5:40 pm

Very true

• CELIA 5th August 2021 at 6:52 pm

Very true, I overthink everything, I wish I could stop

• Prash2005 10th August 2021 at 6:59 pm

There is a very old book written by Dale Carnegie: “How to stop worrying and start living” which was first published around the late 40’s if I am not wrong. I personally find this book very clear and concise as the techniques for casting away worries are very simple which most people tend to overlook, because worry and stress makes the mind foggy. The book is on sale online on Amazon and costs about £7.00 to £10.00. I intend to buy another copy for myself because every time I lend to someone for reading, it’s never returned back to me.

• Rosie2015 18th August 2021 at 9:12 am

So true

Add