Home Forums Music The Beatles or The Rolling Stones,? Which were the...

CAAS Posted 9 months ago
The Beatles or The Rolling Stones,? Which were the better group?

Both groups produced some, excellent material, But for me, the Beatles just shade it.

1 like & 27 replies
    • Ziggy1959 24th April 2021 at 7:27 pm

The who

• loislane 24th April 2021 at 7:50 pm

I like both, as both bands are different

• SelsdonLion 24th April 2021 at 9:37 pm

Has to be the Beatles surely?

• CAAS 25th April 2021 at 9:12 am

Yes I agree, but don’t call me Shirley.
        Sorry Selsdon Lion, I couldn’t resist the Shirley joke.
        by Leslie Neilson from the film Airplane just in case your not familiar
        with the gag.

• Deleted User 24th April 2021 at 9:46 pm

The Rolling Stones not just rock but jazz to Muddy Waters and the Rolling stone live at Checkerbord Lounge 1981 Baby Please Don’t go fabulous YouTube 👍🏼

• Deleted User 24th April 2021 at 9:55 pm

Bit like trying to compare apples and oranges.
      They were both influenced by black rhythm and blues people especially chuck berry and also skiffle and Lonnie Donegan.
      The Stones were responsible for getting black artists played on many American radio staions who wouldn’t touch the before with the youngsters saying this music is great think Little Red Rooster and such.
      All black music but the American kids didn’t know that.
      Plus a lot of early Stones stuff isn’t just blues but a lot of country too froom many influences.
      I absolutely love their early stuff.
      The Beatles are another kettle of fish all together.
      All those blues influences and Chuck Berry etc and you can’t hear anything of those influences whatsoever.
      After the first flurry of pop hits you cannot find any cord sequences that are influenced in any way by those who first influenced them.
      They along with the fifth Beatle George Martin brought electronic music to the popular market in a way it had never been done before on a scale that had never been done before.
      They also created the new art of using loops on what today is seen as very primitive equipment/tehnology. Dubbing and reversing loops is pretty easy today but not so simple back then.
      Stones great band I still listen to but The Beatles are possibly the greatest most influential game changing band that will ever exist.
      According to one professor their music will probably still be getting sung in five hundred years.
      I played their music in my car and me and my children had singalongs and now my children are playing it to their children for singalongs.
      My differing kids cover all the metal types blues reggae jazz pop soul northern soul Tamla Motown etc you name it but when the kids are in the car its The Beatles.
      On YouTube there are lot of first time hearing The Beatles reaction videos and many are from young American black guys into hip hop rap etc and they are blown away by the variety quality and story telling of The Beatles very entertaining to see how these guys react to what is music from before they were born.

Here’s one.

• LeighS 24th April 2021 at 9:58 pm

The Beatles, their music sounds good even as an instrumental.

• Deleted User 24th April 2021 at 10:02 pm

I love The Stones hillbilly country stuff.
      There is no rock n roll here >

• Carol.L 24th April 2021 at 10:07 pm

No contest for me, always the Beatles. I know the Stones had some great songs but I was never a fan and don’t own any of their records.

• Deleted User 24th April 2021 at 10:30 pm

Never liked The Beatles so the Rolling Stones for me , saw them live twice in 2018 , there were at least 7 musicians on stage though. Mick was brilliant.

• Deleted User 24th April 2021 at 11:05 pm

Stones still seem to be the greatest live rock n roll band going.
      People take their kids their grandkids and their great grandkids and everyone comes away high as kites and wanting to tell everyone!

• Deleted User 24th April 2021 at 11:22 pm

Southampton.

• Deleted User 24th April 2021 at 11:47 pm

Listen to albums starting with revolver and move through the following albums and I mean sit down and listen to the music to the production to the harmonies that you may never have noticed before you can only come to one conclusion and that is there is no other music like this.
      They are seriously an amazing band.
      If you have the interest and the love of The Beatles you will love this video.
      Some people in Liverpool got an amazing and one off treat when Paul visited a Liverpool pub in his old age.
      I would have absolutely been over the moon to have been there as all ages obviously were.

• Gill B 25th April 2021 at 9:42 am

Beatles would be my choice, although it is a close call!

• Seanster 25th April 2021 at 10:47 am

The Rolling Stones for me!

• Vixster 25th April 2021 at 2:27 pm

I much prefer the Stones and still going strong after all these years, still a great live band. The Beatles were great in their day and clearly very influential but I had the misfortune to work above the Liverpool Beatles store for several years and the number of times I had to listen to their ‘love love me do’ etc was unbearable!

• Deleted User 25th April 2021 at 2:41 pm

Deffo Rolling Stones for me 😊😊

• Eighties Girl 25th April 2021 at 2:59 pm

Definitely The Stones for me especially the early stuff….Never liked the Beatles although I admired John Lennon he was the main man, what did Paul McCartney do after the Beatles? Wings and The FrogChorus😳

• Laurav 25th April 2021 at 8:46 pm

Both hugely influential bands but personally it’s the Rolling Stones for me!! They were the first band I ever saw live -Mick Jagger was amazing.

• Deleted User 25th April 2021 at 10:54 pm

Mick Jagger inducts The Beatles – Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductions 1988

• Deleted User 26th April 2021 at 7:37 am

Neither, they were as bad as each other in my opinion

• Cheverells6 26th April 2021 at 4:07 pm

Both groups were good but the Stones had the music I liked better

• adeliza0165 26th April 2021 at 5:57 pm

The rolling stones do it for me – great music – paint it black, wild horses, pleased to meet you…the Beatles just don’t have it 😏

• Dory1964 26th April 2021 at 7:23 pm

Ooh hard question,but think beatles as I’ve been listening to them constantly lately

Add