Home Forums Jobs & Careers Taxi Driver Husband needs to find work

Add comment

• Taxi Driver Husband needs to find work

Hi  my husband has been a London Black taxi driver fro over 30 years sadly it looks like it will not recover from the pandemic! He is 60 and has applied for hundreds of driving jobs any suggestions for an alternative he is fit and healthy and desperate to work. He owns his own Taxi as well.

Posted by k.beecham
Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Reply by ljsteward

There have been some good suggestion submitted.  There must be many other options to consider or create with his experience and knowledge of the territory.  Do you live in the London area?  I would research other driving services being advertised to stimulate your thinking.  I agree with others that this pandemic must be creating a need for local travel support.  Keep looking at related services such as a store that need drivers to deliver packages, etc.  I feel you can create an opportunity for a driving service in some form.  Also, I suggest he talk with fellow taxi drivers who have lost work as well and see if they have uncovered opportunities.  Good luck and keep us informed.

• Reply by k.beecham

Thanks for your advice we live outside of London now but he travels in for work. hopefully the return to school and maybe office will help a bit.

• Reply by Metroman

At the moment driving jobs should be on the rise because of the pandemic and use of online and delivery services. Companies like Amazon, Argos have been advertising for logistics and possibly any other company involved in logistics will be looking. Has he explored these options?

• Reply by k.beecham

Thank you he has sadly they said he did not have enough experience lets hope the taxi industry improves when offices reopen.

• Reply by Metroman

Maybe due to the pandemic they may improve because people may prefer taxis to buses. Good luck.

How about volunteering for charities and this social support stuff as a driver. Getting people to appointments and hospital etc ?

Viewing 1 reply thread