Home Forums Dating Tattoos

Suziku Posted 1 year ago
Tattoos

I recently joined the Rest Less dating (same database as SilverSurfers etc), in a fit of boredom when I couldn’t get out in the garden due to the rain. I have this beautiful Stargazer Lily (my real name means Lily) on my upper back and view it as a piece of jewellery to be displayed or not, depending on my mood/outfit. Reading men’s profile’s, I get down to ‘Turn Offs’ to see that tattoos are listed and that instantly turns me off them as my interpretation is they’re really a bit of a ‘stuffed shirt’. I’m actually very surprised, these days, to find so many men listing tattoos as turn offs. Amusing story: when working, I was assisting in a prison workshop where we were helping the prisoners prepare for interviews and the instructor mentioned covering up tattoos and asked how many there had tattoos; not one prisoner but all of my colleagues which caused great hilarity all round.

4 likes & 11 replies
    • Deleted User 28th July 2021 at 1:25 pm

Hey Suziku. Great tattoo! A lille i believe. Cheers. Joe.

• PhilB 28th July 2021 at 1:27 pm

I think it depends on the tattoo. Treating all tattoos as the same is nonsensical because you go from complete works of art produced by absolute artists down to “love” and “hate” on the knuckles. Then there’s also the number of them, and their placement. Most that I could say about tattoos is “it depends”. Here’s mine…

• Suziku 28th July 2021 at 2:35 pm

I guess because, underneath my ladylike exterior 😉, I’m still a biker at heart. In my years of biking, I learnt not to judge people based on appearance. Tattoos, piercings and multi coloured hair are all pretty common these days.

• Linda 1955 28th July 2021 at 1:37 pm

Very pretty

• Suziku 28th July 2021 at 2:39 pm

The tattoo in the photo was a present to myself for my 62nd birthday. It took 3 hours and the artist commented how still I kept. I replied that being old I’d stiffened up 🤣 and couldn’t have moved if I’d wanted too. It was to cover up a smaller, less impressive version I had done at 40.

• Fluffy 28th July 2021 at 3:53 pm

am not a lover of tattoo’s myself , i don’t mind one or two discreet ones on a lady but full sleeves & neck/chest tatts look ghastly 🙁

• Deleted User 28th July 2021 at 4:03 pm

Love the art

• Deleted User 28th July 2021 at 4:26 pm

A tattoo I had in memory of my wife

• Deleted User 28th July 2021 at 4:28 pm

Wasn’t finished at this stage

• Sam71 29th July 2021 at 12:55 am

That’s such an old fashioned view!! Their loss I say. I have 3 tattoos, planning my 4th. Here’s my last one. Not a great photo as it was just done. Looks a lot better now! My next will represent my 3 kids.

• Christopher Leslie 29th July 2021 at 10:32 pm

I suppose for some people of a certain age tattoos are for a certain type of person. sailor, hardcore bikers and psychopaths. My father, a psychiatric nurse defined a person with lots of tats this way. He was trained that way. Fortunately we have grown out of those ideas nowadays. My own belief is that people have tats for a reason most being memories. Yes I have one it’s on my chest in memory of my stepson. I was 45 when I got it

Add