Home Forums Arts & Culture Taken up painting past few days. I would like some...

Bastmanya Moonblood Posted 1 year ago
Taken up painting past few days. I would like some constructive comments as I am teaching myself from online and this site demos. Am loving all the learning as i go along.
50 likes & 27 replies
    • Deleted User 5th January 2021 at 8:34 am

you are doing very well keep it up and don’t be worried about using darks in the shadows to give depth

• Deleted User 5th January 2021 at 8:58 am

two very good painters to follow on YouTube for oils and acrylics have a look at Len Hend who has a course you can follow for free and for watercolour a painter who uses the same limited palette as I use is Steven Cronin both are excellent

• Estrella515 5th January 2021 at 10:26 am

I think you are doing good….be adventurous with colours and shades maybe? Nature is full of colour…agree about YouTube, maybe you can find additional inspiration there

• BridJames 5th January 2021 at 5:58 pm

your pictures have appealing originality to them and your name is interesting too

• emmauspaul 5th January 2021 at 6:04 pm

Hi Bastmanya I hope that you are well and enjoying the New Year

• Yogi 5th January 2021 at 7:57 pm

Top left is my favourite 😻

• Chere 5th January 2021 at 9:25 pm

I would say you are doing well . Only suggestions I would give is to look at other artists. Also to try different mediums

• Mosey 14th January 2021 at 12:25 pm

Èxcuse the pun, go with the flow you will make loads of mistakes, but don’t we all! Along with the mistakes you will make great work. If a painting is not going right for you stop, and come back to it. If someone doesn’t like your work it’s just constructive and its their problem not yours, as long as you like what you have done and it makes you feel good you are on a winner – you are Doing great 😉

• Bastmanya Moonblood 14th January 2021 at 2:29 pm

This is an improvment i think? I can see the background is weak but my concentration was in the rock and waves!

• Chere 14th January 2021 at 9:38 pm

If you are enjoying your painting then do not get worried about details you can always reservist and add or deconstruct. I love painting but I don’t always love what I have produced! So enjoy

• Bastmanya Moonblood 15th January 2021 at 12:46 am

I love all that i do but am specifically focussing on different aspects when i do the paintings and critical of the weaknesses. Iv only just started so lots to learn. 😊
        I did this cockrell as well, love the tail and body but cant get the head right… He looks very angry! 😂😂😂

• Chere 15th January 2021 at 7:37 am

Aren’t Cockerells all a little angry lol. I think that you have depth in your paintings. Ramber that anything in the distance is lighter which you are doing keep up the good work

• Norm 15th January 2021 at 8:40 am

Wow! Your paintings certainly look good to me! It is clearly giving you a lot of pleasure, creating your pieces of art.
      I am sure you must be learning lots of new techniques, all of the time.
      If I could paint like you, I would certainly be hanging them on my walls!

• Grannyfran 15th January 2021 at 12:13 pm

That’s lovely it puts me in mind of Macintosh Patrick he painted similar scenes but maybe not as joyous !

• Deleted User 16th January 2021 at 6:55 pm

Very good. The top left one instantly reminded me of Munchs’ The Scream.

• Franfoy 29th January 2021 at 2:26 am

promising work learn from others as well as you tube try pinterest and Instagram
      I would stay with one medium for now and enjoy
      The middle two are quite abstract.

• Bastmanya Moonblood 29th January 2021 at 5:37 pm

Two more i did! loving the colours and really enjoying what im doing. 😂😂

• Jenirv 14th February 2021 at 10:48 am

Hi You’re doing good. I think I paint one good piece of artwork for every 50 I try!!!! I’m always having bad days. Have a walk, take in the small details of shadows, light, reflections, colours. Just relax….says she, who needs to tell herself that!!
      Couldn’t find your pheasant pic?

• Beth Carlisle 14th February 2021 at 11:08 am

Great picture – remember to keep colours less deep in the distance , I love painting , find acrylics easier but am trying water colours at the moment

• Annabee1 6th June 2021 at 11:06 am

Lovely paintings, would love to join a painting group.. I used to try watercolours but need teaching and practice..!

• Franfoy 6th June 2021 at 9:35 pm

A good start if you want others to make comments always state what size and medium
      I like the abstract style of 2 and 3

• Bastmanya Moonblood 7th June 2021 at 11:18 am

Heres a few more that i tried!

• Bastmanya Moonblood 7th June 2021 at 11:20 am

Animals

• Aidy 24th June 2021 at 8:50 pm

Wow! O think you are doing extremely well.
      Congratulations please carry on🙏

• Eveline 24th June 2021 at 9:12 pm

Beautiful pieces! You doing great…. Perhaps some graduation (colour) on your vistas to create depth.

Add