Home Forums General So it’s all over?

Shirlann Posted 2 months ago
So it’s all over?

Hopefully 🙏 no more lock downs or mask wearing surely people are not going to be so easy to scare anymore?

3 likes & 55 replies
    • Mad Ralph 8th October 2021 at 11:16 am

It’s definitely not over in my location 😩 I haven’t even stopped wearing a mask yet.

• Shirlann 8th October 2021 at 11:40 am

But what do cases mean? How many are in hospitals ? My whole family would of been put down as a case but no one had more than couple days in bed boys lost taste and smell (their not vaccinated) but all ok now!

• Chojo 8th October 2021 at 11:42 am

Still gonna wear my mask and try to social distance. Not bothered about me but I can’t afford to bring it home to mum, with her health conditions it would kill her even though she’s vaccinated.

• Shirlann 8th October 2021 at 11:50 am

Your choice 🤔😊

• Brig99 8th October 2021 at 9:01 pm

If she’s vaccinated, she should be protected?

• Chojo 8th October 2021 at 9:50 pm

This is a common misconception. The vaccine does not stop you getting the virus it just means your less likely to become seriously ill and die. However it still all depends on your own health conditions. Given mums health the vaccine only offers around 60% protection and that’s dependent on her condition at any given time. If she’s having a flare up then it’s lights out.
          People need to stop thinking that getting vaccinated means you can’t catch and spread COVID.

• Steven 52 8th October 2021 at 11:50 am

Covid won’t go away I will be wearing a mask and social distance if you don’t wear a mask your endangering people you come into contact with

• Mad Ralph 8th October 2021 at 11:53 am

I agree, I think to many people have let their guard down. Everyone seems to be acting like the virus has been defeated. Personally I’m still erring on the side of caution.

• Shirlann 8th October 2021 at 11:57 am

Each to their own experience with this one🤔October now wasn’t we told to expect high deaths this month by so called experts 🙃

• Terry75 8th October 2021 at 12:03 pm

The virus is never going away the same as colds and flu. We have to rely on science to keep on top of it with vaccinations. Yes there are people who’ve had it and not noticed but there are people who it has killed. I drive an ambulance and wear a mask all day at work yes its uncomfortable but not as uncomfortable as being hooked up to a ventilator or having someone close die. Maybe this explains the need for a mask a bit better.

• Steve in Kent 8th October 2021 at 12:16 pm

Looking at the ONS figures year on year, apart from the height of the pandemic daily / monthly death average remains the same. People will are certain to die, apart from wearing a mask in enclosed spaces I fully intend not to step in front of a bus, my choice.

• Shirlann 8th October 2021 at 12:22 pm

People die of all sorts of things but we can’t hide from them and can’t hide from virus for ever!! Just got to accept another thing could/might kill me🙃

• EricaLovesFlowers 8th October 2021 at 8:56 pm

Your choice, but the virus is raging. Schools have started instructing staff and children to wear masks again. As far as I’m concerned 1 death is one too many. So, up to you. If you don’t want to wear a mask that’s your choice, but I’m wearing one and will be happy to wear one for the rest of my life if that reduces the risk of me infecting and possibly killing someone.

• Lorraine1 8th October 2021 at 1:24 pm

This is a long way from over. Have just heard of a healthy 42 year old who has just died from Covid. A colleague – double jabbed – is currently very ill. Not taking sensible, proven precautions is highly irresponsible.

• Shirlann 8th October 2021 at 3:14 pm

Unfortunately people die😕but is someone dying from virus worse than someone dying from cancer or being involved in car crash?

• EricaLovesFlowers 8th October 2021 at 8:58 pm

Oh for God’s sake!
        If you can justify your own actions, go ahead. But reading all of the comments you seem determined not to listen to anyone including professionals who are on the front line.

• Robert K 8th October 2021 at 3:38 pm

Alarmist headline in the Telegraph today ‘Up to 60,000 Flu deaths possible’. At what point do we accept, despite every precaution, Covid is never going away and we have to carry on as normal. Personally I think public fear / caution will last about four years (from January 2020).

• goldfish63 8th October 2021 at 3:46 pm

It is far from over, people who have been vaccinated are getting it and some sadly have died, the virus thrives in cooler conditions and the Winter will let it thrive, too many people relaxing things too soon with no masks etc, the virus will also circulate along with flu, even morph with it, the flu jab is a predicted dose based on past flu strains but Flu mutates every year, the danger is that flu will mutate with covid and we are back to square one if not worse, sorry to be pessimistic but it just goes to show how if something even deadlier than covid hits the human race we are unable to deal with it due to people taking risks and being complacent, not thinking of others and putting everyone at risk!!!

• Alexandra 2013 8th October 2021 at 4:12 pm

My choice is to look after myself and my family by masking, washing & using anti bac when out. It’s my choice to be considerate – if people choose not to protect themselves or others again there choice. A friend said they don’t worry because as far as she’s concerned it’s elimination of the stupid 😳

• Mad Ralph 8th October 2021 at 4:17 pm

😂😂 I was thinking it but I’m glad you said it.

• Lorraine1 8th October 2021 at 4:32 pm

The trouble is that the stupid are taking innocents with them!

• Shirlann 8th October 2021 at 4:36 pm

How? You do know not everyone has it? Most of the people who died their families said were isolating and taking all precautions 🤔

• Lorraine1 8th October 2021 at 4:44 pm

People who are not acting in a responsible way are infecting others including the health care workers who are expected to look after them, and those who are doing their best to take precautions. Sadly, there is no anti-stupid, anti-selfish vaccine.

• EricaLovesFlowers 8th October 2021 at 9:01 pm

Ain’t that the truth!

• Deleted User 8th October 2021 at 4:37 pm

Strange that fit healthy intelligent people have died then which really makes you the stupid one for saying something so… stupid!

• Daisychain 8th October 2021 at 6:26 pm

The other difficulty is that your mask protects others from you and not you from others lack of mask wearing. I wear it on public transport, in shops and collecting grandchildren from school. It’s noticeable that older people on buses generally are far more likely to wear a mask. In the evening very few people are still wearing them. Still sanitise my hands after shopping. The local Aldi provides huge help yourself sanitiser for use both before and after.

• Brig99 14th October 2021 at 12:49 pm

A mask is a barrier so, if it gives protection at all, would work both ways. Unfortunately, most masks are ineffective against viruses.

• Alexandra 2013 8th October 2021 at 7:32 pm

I want to protect others from me as well. My daughter works at the hospital and earlier this year caught it and bought it home then we all went down with it – not nice. We isolated masked and anti backed so I couldn’t then carry it outside to someone vulnerable and I would hate that so yes I’m protecting others. I’ve had the jabs but that doesn’t mean we won’t catch it again

• EricaLovesFlowers 8th October 2021 at 9:08 pm

Many many people are vulnerable. I believe that it’s our civic duty to do whatever we can to keep them safe. Even if the government can’t be arsed to protect us. 30K+ cases isn’t nothing!
        And if we have to lock down again, I’ll do it happily.

• Deleted User 8th October 2021 at 8:23 pm

The vaccinated in many cases are spreading the virus everywhere they go unknown to themselves
      and masks are only a partial protection.

• loislane 8th October 2021 at 9:10 pm

COVID up by 1400 cases since last week, I’m still going to wear my mask, plus hopefully I won’t catch the nasty cold thats going around.
      Last thing I need is more illness.

• Deleted User 8th October 2021 at 10:25 pm

I live in a sparsely populated area with very low covid numbers but still sanitize my hands and wear a mask.
      I don’t use public transport.
      I do have to go into busy places three times a week, busy as in Llandudno Rhyl Wrexham.
      The lock down has been almost non existent for me since the beginning.
      I’ve managed to catch a shitty sore throat which I’ve had for about three weeks now I think.
      Wife too.

• Mad Ralph 8th October 2021 at 10:29 pm

Lois, that 1400 figure is just in my immediate area, a small suburb in south Manchester. It’s gone up around 25% in the last week around here 😩

• Ric 10th October 2021 at 9:05 pm

Not over Lady Shirlann – ‘The Scare’

Just another fact of life?

A Natural occurance or Manmade to cull society? – either way its here to stay now as the public have embraced the latest ploy to be controlled…..

I work as a technician for a major company that provides licquid oxygen and breathing concentrators for NHS patients. In the past 2 years since the onset of Covid. I have worked throughout, daily repairing and maintaining the above concentrators with No Issues.

I have chosen not to have the vaccine and prepared to follow instead my own further choice of wearing a mask in crowded places and at work at all times under these scenarios to protect myself and others.Chosen not to holiday with lemmings and stayed completely healthy throughout to this day.

Others have chosen to follow the mass misdirection of the Morons who have orchestrated this money spinning circus we all find ourselves in, some who are still seemingly catching and spreading the virus numero 19.

The returning concentrators arrive for me to repair from care homes and patients within potential covid environments and no one in house has contracted the virus – A common cold maybe just a tiny chill commensurate with the changing seasons But not enough not to attend my duties and service to the needy!

I must be living on another planet as for 140000 deaths recorded, I know of nobody personal to me friend or family who has contracted covid let alone die from it. I have not seen ambulances racing around collecting covid cases or funeral pires. We provided a few hundred
      Concentrators for the Nightingale Centres all of which were returned unused!

Conspiracy or Truth follow your inbread instincts not the antics and lies that wash the news broadcasts and newspapers.

A mask and self cleanliness is a sensible precautionary approach whereas a holiday abroad or an attendance at mass gatherings is lunacy if we are to believe its over…..

Take care Shirlann and dont follow the herd hun.

Regards

Ric

• Ric 10th October 2021 at 9:08 pm

Oh, forgot to mention I am 66 years of age and not missed a day at work with 50 years of NI Contributions on revord.

Missed 1939 to 1945 but thank goodness I inherited my parents ethics and foresight!

Here endeth the Lesson’

Ric

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 14th October 2021 at 1:44 pm

I fear the sheeple will be scared again, just as soon as the media start misleading (again). They did it with Polio, then Rabies, and more recently CJD, Swine Flu, Bird Flu, AIDs and now Covid.

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 14th October 2021 at 1:46 pm

Perhaps more importantly:

“Don’t allow a fear of dying stop you from living”.

(Oh the joys of neurodiversity).

• SteveInWales 22nd October 2021 at 10:43 am

I was in England last week, ( I live in Wales where mask wearing in shops etc is still mandatory), and I was surprised at how many people were not wearing masks, even though the covid cases are rising astronomically again. I for one will continue to wear my mask indoors in public places, and keep a 2 metre distance from others where possible as I can’t afford to have to self isolate for 10 days again. As a footnote, I have had two trips to Spain in the last 2 months and I felt much safer there than I do in England!

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 22nd October 2021 at 11:24 am

I feel weird going into a shop without a mask on now .. it’s not really a huge ask if it helps to protect not only yourself but others .. Cornwall is full of covid at the moment ..

• Colin in Kent 22nd October 2021 at 5:49 pm

Daily cases hitting 50,000. Ten times the next closest in Europe. Yep, it’s definitely all over.

• Kenton 22nd October 2021 at 9:04 pm

So Marmite cures covid right, la la land. 🧑‍🏫

• Kenton 23rd October 2021 at 6:43 am

Thank goodness for all the sensible comments posted here. Respect your self and others, stay safe. 🧑‍🏫

Add