Home Forums Food & Drink Slow cooker

Shirlann Posted 2 months ago
Slow cooker

Anyone got one and using it🤔😁

7 likes & 27 replies
    • Bloke4763 12th October 2021 at 9:17 am

Yes we use it a lot
      we also have an air fryer which also gets a good hammering

if your out all day and dont have time to cook when you get home a slow cooker is fantastic, the airfryer is also great if your dieting and it is pretty fast as well

• Mad Ralph 12th October 2021 at 8:21 pm

I’ve got a slow cooker that I never use and I’ve got two air fryers that get used at least twice a day. 👏

BEST KITCHEN GADGETS EVER!!! 😎

• Always 12th October 2021 at 9:20 am

Yes I do and I use it loads especially in the winter

• Catwoman 12th October 2021 at 9:55 am

Yes and it gets used quite a lot

• Linpap 12th October 2021 at 10:10 am

Yes and yes

• Dave the poet 1970 12th October 2021 at 10:30 am

I have one somewhere in a box I’ve been meaning to use it maybe I’ll go find it now 😂

• goldfish63 12th October 2021 at 4:41 pm

I had one before and funny enough bought a small Crock Pot slow cooker two days ago, handy to cook one pot meals, meat, potatoes and veg, curries and stews, you can cook it slow for hours or fast, keep it warm and us the inner pot in the oven, cheaper than using a cooker and easy to clean 🙂

• Clive 12th October 2021 at 6:22 pm

Love mine……..so versatile and not time consuming.

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 12th October 2021 at 7:08 pm

Yep perfect for stews use it lots in the winter throw everything in and forget about it for a few hours

• Kazzy62 12th October 2021 at 7:13 pm

Yes I use mine regularly in the winter for stew or curry .

• Eddy49 12th October 2021 at 7:52 pm

We use ours mostly during the colder months. It’s wonderful to walk in and smell your dinner that’s been simmering for a few hours.
      Not the same subject, but we also use a soup maker and bake our bread. The combined end result is delicious!!

• TmonT 12th October 2021 at 8:00 pm

I don’t but both my daughters do and use it regularly

• Robert K 12th October 2021 at 8:06 pm

A proper sign of winter. Goes along with hot chocolate and real fires.

Do pressure cookers still exist?

• Daisychain 12th October 2021 at 10:14 pm

Yes they do. I use the pressure cooker for cooking dried beans before freezing them. I normally but a large bag of kidney beans, soak and cook half. They are portioned and then frozen for use late in chilli co carne amongst other veggy food. Boiling bacon, brisket, large stews can be cooked in the pressure cooker as well as old fashioned steamed puddings. I use it when I’m in a hurry or want to cook a large amount for the other half for his fishing trips. I also have a slow cooker, air fryer and inverter oven/microwave.

• LucasH 12th October 2021 at 10:20 pm

We just bought a small one to use in winter when we’re away in the motorhome.
      Don’t use the big family one so much now but as soon as winter kicks in I’m sure we will.
      I must look into the air fryer, it sounds like witchcraft but….?

• Brown sugar 14th October 2021 at 9:25 am

When i was working full time and had a family to feed it was vital. I used to put a whole chicken in mine. Nothing nicer coming home to a cooked meal on those dark winter evenings.

• LadyDee 14th October 2021 at 4:01 pm

I didn’t realise you can cook chicken in it. I thought it was just for frozen foods. I guess you can’t cook vegetables though.

• Brown sugar 14th October 2021 at 4:13 pm

No the veg would be done to death. I used to do the veg when i got in. I would prepare veg the night before so would just flick the hob on and done in no time.

• SteveInWales 14th October 2021 at 4:20 pm

I have a slow cooker which I use occasionally, an air fryer that gets used often, and I have my mums old Prestige high dome pressure cooker which she had as a wedding present in 1956 and is still going strong.

• Glyn Colman 14th October 2021 at 6:21 pm

I have 2 a 3ltr & 6.5ltr. A lovely bit of kitchen equipment. Good for those days out, so you have a nice hot meal when you get in. You can use the cheaper cuts of meat as they will be very tender once cooked long and slow. There are some good slow cooker cookbooks out there. Also some good recipes on You Tube.

• Moya 14th October 2021 at 8:36 pm

Use mine all the time

• Vervain 19th October 2021 at 8:18 am

I have two slow cooker and l use them quite often. I make soup stews and curries.. l have read it’s possible to make cakes in one too but have not tried it.

• Deleted User 19th October 2021 at 8:23 am

Just started to use mine again on a regular basis. It certainly gets a lot more use now the nights are drawing in.

• Catwoman 19th October 2021 at 9:59 am

I think they’re great for people who work long hours. Food is ready when they get home

• reliquit 19th October 2021 at 2:07 pm

We use ours a couple of times each week. Favourite is spaghetti bolognese. I put the mince, chopped onions, passata, herbs and some red wine in it and leave it to cook for 7 or 8 hours. Then we can go out for the day, and when we come home all I have to do is cook the spaghetti.

In fact, I have some in the slow cooker right now.

• Renoir64 19th October 2021 at 8:40 pm

We use it’s quite alot. I used it to make a stew and turned and it on using a hive remote plug while we were a couple of hours away.
      Makes the best beef Ragu if you cook it long enough.

Add