Home Forums Style & Beauty Skin care

Circle of Peace Posted 10 months ago
Skin care

I use Aveeno baby soothing relief on my face. Stopped using expensive creams when I retired. Have to say it is the best moisturiser I have ever used and beats all the expensive creams I have used in the past.
I often get compliments on the smoothness of my skin. Recommend it

4 likes & 16 replies
    • pamdiane 17th October 2021 at 10:28 am

and, I have to say, I recently purchased day and night creams and serum from Lidl. not at all expensive and very good. the serum goes on like a dream and the day/night creams are not greasy. pam

• Circle of Peace 17th October 2021 at 11:21 am

Exactly…you don’t have to spend a fortune on skin creams. Before I retired I bought expensive creams. They ran out eventually and I tried Aveeno as I already had a tube. I was amazed and have used it twice a day since.

• pamdiane 17th October 2021 at 11:29 am

good to know. whilst I’m talking to you, do you know which facial items go in order – ie

serum
          primer
          moisturiser
          face oil.

gosh, we didn’t have all these items years ago, now there is so much stuff you can put on your face – so in which order to put them on is rather confusing, especially as some web sites give completely different ideas !!!!! thanks pam

• Circle of Peace 17th October 2021 at 11:40 am

I just use a toner and then moisturizer. I think serum is the last thing but not sure…hahaha Yes it is confusing. We need moisturizer but not sure we need anything else. We are told we need it all but think that might be a ploy to get us to spend money.

• NYC to UK 17th October 2021 at 12:02 pm

I only use a serum at night as some will not react well with primer and makeup.
          SPF should be a priority for daytime. Primer would be the step between skincare and makeup. Can I just ask why you believe face oil is necessary, because in my career I have seen very few people use it regularly. Sometimes it difficult for anyone outside the industry to separate the necessary from the hype 🙂

• Circle of Peace 17th October 2021 at 9:50 pm

Using a moisturizer on my skin makes it smoother and more comfortable….I have looked after my skin since I was a teenager. Now I realize that all the more expensive creams are unnecessary. The gently baby cream I use now does the same job.

• LindyLou23 17th October 2021 at 11:50 am

Yes – lots of really good creams out there for a good price. So many “experts” say you must wear cream with protective sunscreen during the day as sun damage is the most ageing and harmful thing to your face. So I use cheaper unperfumed sun cream when I go out and something like Aveeno when I stay in.

• pamdiane 19th October 2021 at 4:25 pm

on re-reading your post , I notice it was the avenno soothing lotion you use. I have ordered the avenno daily moisture lotion for babies (tube), it sounds like the one you use is more of a body lotion. though I expect the tube I’ve ordered works just as well. but, I shall look out for the soothing lotion one. pam

• SodaLuvyou 24th June 2022 at 3:50 pm

I agree with you one hundred percent! This cream is my salvation. My skin is very dry and constantly needs moisturizing, especially in summer. Until recently, I was undergoing a laser hair removal course at a pretty good clinic (check https://www.eurocharm.ca/laser-hair-removal) and was very pleased with the procedures’ results. However, my skin became even drier, and my friend recommended the cream you mentioned. It has helped. My skin is smooth, shiny, and without a single hair now.

• Lolita 18th July 2022 at 3:36 pm

I used cetacean x s b c it last a year. Or more

• Lolita 18th July 2022 at 3:38 pm

Cerave I meant xx

Add