Home Forums General Simple pleasure

• Simple pleasure

Dean Village: taking advantage of today’s lovely weather; walking along The Water of Leith.

Attachments:
    Posted by Rebecca 2021
    • Reply by LeighS

That looks so beautiful and peaceful 🙂

• Reply by Rebecca 2021

TY. Peace and quiet in the heart of a city and a great place to lift your spirits.

• Reply by Colin in Kent

It’s these little oases of calm and beauty that keep us going. Quite lovely!

• Reply by Rebecca 2021

TY. It’s like a dose of medicine for me. I’m so thankful that I’m able to get out and about when I can, but aware that it must me very difficult for those that can’t.

• Reply by Andy Paddles

Sunshine on The Leith, sounds good to me!

• Reply by Rebecca 2021

Ah, The Proclaimers. Not keen on their music but they did bring a lot of tourism to Leith.

• Reply by Andy Paddles

Not keen on The Proclaimers! Crickey I thought legally Nicola could have you banished for such an utterance!🤨

• Reply by Rebecca 2021

Not all us Scots like The Proclaimers. And as for Nicola, she should be banished to an uninhabited island somewhere out in the Atlantic.

• Reply by Andy Paddles

Of course you are correct Rebecca – each to their own!

As for banishment to deserted Islands, I’m sure that it wouldn’t be long before she’d claimed independence and was welcoming folk to the People’s Republic of Nicolonia!

What a world!

• Reply by Rebecca 2021

I’m with you on that Andy. Fingers crossed Nicola doesn’t get her way for a second referendum. What with an inquiry taking place at the moment involving her and her predecessor, her focus should be on that! Depending on the outcome of it she could be removed from office.

• Reply by Andy Paddles

Rebecca I reckon the Scottish independence debate warrants an entire thread of its own! However on such a dreich night I’ll just enjoy your sunshine picture and send you one of my own in return and leave discussion of NicNac’s (at least that’s her name in the video that I’ve just sent to my best friend) merits for another day – roll on spring time!

Attachments:
        • Reply by Rebecca 2021

Totally agree. Lovely pic, though!

• Reply by min

lol lol

• Reply by min

lol

• Reply by Anne46

Looks lovely.

• Reply by Rebecca 2021

TY. It won’t be looking so lovely there today as it’s blowing a gale out there!

• Reply by Marica

So peaceful to look at , really love that photo, Rebecca

• Reply by Rebecca 2021

Thanks Marcia, It’s little things like this that keep me going during the lockdown, I love being out in the fresh air. Hope you are coping ok with the situation.

• Reply by Marica

I quite embrace lockdown but like many of us, I have good and bad days . But we are all survivors. I could just do with being in jersey or Cornwall right now though! Hope you are ok Rebecca

• Reply by Rebecca 2021

I consider myself quite fortunate that I’m able to keep busy during lockdown, however I do experience up and down days whereby I lack the motivation to do anything. Then the sun comes out and my mood is transformed. I’d be interested to hear what keeps you going. And any tips you may have.
          I’ve never been to Jersey-holidayed in Cornwall a while back and loved it. A lovely part of the world. I’m looking forward to travelling near and far in the not too distant future.
          Hope all is well with you Marcia

• Reply by hell.fenn

What a lovely pic. x

• Reply by Rebecca 2021

TY. It’s a great place to go to unwind during the pandemic.

• Reply by hell.fenn

I am lucky to live very near to a wood which is good to unwind in. My favourite unwinding tool is a walk along the promenade but I haven’t done much of it in this lockdown because they have banned parking in order to stop visitors. When I am allowed it will be one of the first places I go to.

• Reply by Rebecca 2021

Yes, walking is so good for the soul and ‘escaping’ into a wood to unwind sounds just the thing! I live about 5 or so minutes from a promenade but it’s almost as if there isn’t a lockdown in force, as there’s so many people about. However, being able to cycle along it means I can still enjoy the fresh sea breeze. Hope you manage to get to the promenade near you, soon.

Add