Home Forums Family & Relationships Sex over 50

Archer62 Posted 1 year ago
Sex over 50

Is sex a nessessity after 50. Do women expect men to be red hot lovers at 58 and if they can’t perform on the spur of the moment are they destine for the scrap heap??

7 likes & 72 replies
    • June Singleton 11th January 2021 at 9:52 pm

Well lm ln my 60 and still enjoy sex if fact l most probably enjoy it more now .

• Blondie 12th January 2021 at 3:01 am

I think it all depends on the person I haven’t altered as I have aged however I do believe you have to find your partner sexually attractive.

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 12th January 2021 at 9:57 am

My personal experience after going through the menopause is spontaneously and less often. 😊

• D.J.S 13th January 2021 at 5:02 pm

Interesting to see the different views, my wife hasn’t been interested in sex for 20 yrs now, miss it intensely but as I love her I have to settle for seperate bedrooms and a good imagination, and the fact that it doesn’t seem to bother her is quite strange, but heyho you can’t have everything.

• Rad 13th January 2021 at 7:24 pm

My only input for what it’s worth is make yourself as young as you can, no guarantee of anything but I think it helps. Look at women bios who say their x was a pipe n slippers type – it can be a real turn-off.
        Look at stylish older guys who dress of this era, train their body daily (but not to induce a vain manner), get plenty of fresh air and sun, keep your hair very short (unless you have good hair) – it all helps IMO but it’s hard work. But the mental side is probably even more important for woman I think and that could be discussed at great length lol

• adeliza0165 21st June 2021 at 9:16 am

Yes – looking after yourself helps to boost confidence but it’s also about how you treat the other person – no use looking great if you can’t treat them right or they don’t treat you right.

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 13th January 2021 at 5:36 pm

Sex is important but holding , touching , cuddling and feeling secure are just as important.

• Caroline0359 13th January 2021 at 6:55 pm

Thank you. It really does matter . A hug from a friend or family member is just not the same .

• Andy Paddles 13th January 2021 at 8:01 pm

Once again the Rest Less collective has proven that it’s horses for courses. There are stallions and fillies, donkeys and nags! And the judicious application of the whip should always remain an option! 🤔

• GreginYorkshire 14th January 2021 at 10:44 am

Each situation is different. It’s great when both want to carry on, or both do not. The problem arises when one doesn’t but the other one does. For some, an arrangement with another person may work, but that is a delicate arrangement. Each person has to consider the options, and bear in mind the emotional impact.

• adeliza0165 21st March 2021 at 3:46 pm

You need the whole picture – if the guy just wants sex without the hugs, cuddles, carressing, sweet whispers …there is no build up. Sex then becomes just that and becomes boring.

The love has to be there and real – respecting each other, been thoughtful, helping each other, been caring and understanding.. then everything else falls in place nicely as it should 😊

• Deleted User 28th May 2021 at 11:58 pm

That’s the closest to my view too Greg 👍

• No time to read… 17th January 2021 at 11:45 am

Necessary after 50…? No, probably not if you consider the purpose of it! But do we want it after 50? Personally, I think being closely connected and intimate can be enough and if there is sex also then that’s great too. No one deserves the scrap heap 😊

• Yalesh 17th January 2021 at 9:48 pm

Really interesting to hear from the ladies in this thread. Men can feel pressure to perform at any age but I guess this is magnified with age. Personally intimacy comes in many forms and as long as both parties are happy and enjoying whatever form that takes and are sharing enjoyment from that experience that is all that matters.

• dannyboy 13th February 2021 at 10:06 pm

And there I was, worrying about sex at 69

• Deleted User 16th February 2021 at 5:48 pm

No. I ended a relationship just before lockdown due to sex. He wanted it and I didn’t :)! The menopause doesn’t help. I would prefer to have a companion than have another relationship where sex is involved!

• LesleyM 15th March 2021 at 8:52 pm

I love cuddling and affection. Sex 2-3 times a week is too much for me. I prefer the comfort of spontaneity rather than expectation 😊

• Deleted User 25th March 2021 at 1:19 pm

If you are with the right person it should just get better and better right ❤️ If it’s not working for you chances are you are not With the right person..

• Townsend like chat 29th March 2021 at 4:27 pm

No course not

• Townsend like chat 29th March 2021 at 4:28 pm

No course not x

• Deleted User 20th May 2021 at 12:51 am

I vaguely remember it.
      Was it related to drugs and rock n roll?

• Shirlann 20th May 2021 at 10:14 am

No think you can get use to not getting it🤔😁not top of my list for having a good relationship!

• TmonT 20th May 2021 at 10:33 am

No but I think us men worry about it more than women Probably because our equipment needs to be in working order an it’s ageing at the same rate as the rest of our bodies So no matter how eager we may be We aint 21 We out more pressure on ourselves than women put in us but there’s always the issue of listening to m8s an let’s face it we all have a m8 who exaggerated about more than his equipment 😬

• loislane 27th May 2021 at 8:11 pm

Yes, it is and why not. Obviously it changes as we age.

• Deleted User 27th May 2021 at 8:32 pm

I thought most woman hit there peek around 40ish .and men start losing it .but after the comments this is not true .if you enjoy sex and both happy then that’s good but if you meet someone new then be honest .as you would not want to be with someone who doesn’t and you do .

• Deleted User 27th May 2021 at 10:26 pm

Depends on the individual. To some it is – and if one is maybe not quite as energetic as one was a couple of decades ago, one might be happy with what experience has taught one 😏

Opportunity, however, is another matter entirely 😕

• Sandyg 3rd June 2021 at 5:18 pm

I wish I could remember what it’s like, then I may be able to decide if I miss it or not!

• Sandyg 15th June 2021 at 3:08 pm

Yes, occasionally, to no 1.
      No.2 –of course not, but if it keeps recurring, would warrant medical investigation.

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 16th June 2021 at 5:44 pm

With the right person it’s not just sex, it’s something very special. Age has no impact

• StevenMorgan 21st June 2021 at 1:45 pm

For many women, the 50-something milestone can bring on feelings of deja vu. What was once a private experience is now open for discussion and, often, public celebration. Sexual maturity comes with experience – at least for women. And since sexual maturity isn’t something you’re born with, you might not benefit from it if you’re still finding your way in the world. It’s normal for men to feel nostalgic when they were younger and had more freedom to explore their sexuality. You may diversify your sexual life with some toys from https://lovermart.com/product/unicorn-tails-pastel-pink-butt-plug/

• Tina lives.com 21st June 2021 at 3:01 pm

Sex is never deemed a nessessity speaking for myself I don’t expect a male partner to be as verile as when they were younger, the older we get our bodies change and we also develop long term illnesses which affects our overall functioning including hormones we women go through menopause and that carries symptoms men are never fit for scrap heap likewise women if there is loss of libido there are many ways to try and regain it by making love exploring each other’s body sensual massages, kissing, finding erogenous parts of one’s body, penetration is not all loads more things can be done to make each other satisfied.

• Gomez Jac29 11th November 2021 at 11:12 am

You had the opportunity to experiment with life and connection with your loved one. I wish that for me. B(64) and had a blonde girl in my life that married another because I was too jealous and thoughtful. Till now, I do not get my mistake, but I still love the woman of my life for so many tears and years.

• Gerard371 12th November 2021 at 6:16 am

Here’s some advice for all the men, if women enjoy sex you’re doing something wrong.
      Always leave them thinking next time will be better.

• EricaLovesFlowers 15th November 2021 at 6:11 pm

Sex is a necessity for as long as you want it to be.
      There are no rules, no age limits, just desire. And if it’s mutual you can have a good time for as long as you both want to.
      There are several books on the market that can give men a few ideas about how to change things up a bit.
      ‘ she comes first’ is very good and gives you step by step instructions on how to spice things up in bed without all that exhausting humping and grinding.
      😊🌸

Add