Home Forums General ‘S’cuse me, just forgot for a mament....

Flufff Posted 4 months ago
‘S’cuse me, just forgot for a mament. What are we currently living this earthly existense for?

a) The betterment of humankind?
b) Evaluation by a higher entity?
c) Information gathering ?
d) Entertainment?
e) Other ?

3 likes & 19 replies
    • Andy347 23rd January 2022 at 10:34 am

In nature everything has its purpose. If there isn’t one then what’s the point. I would like to believe there is a big picture here but as humans we seem to fail to grasp it. Until we do and quickly I don’t see much of a future for a children and grandchildren.

• Mad Ralph 23rd January 2022 at 11:45 am

e) Other
      The point of every living thing on the planet is to reproduce.
      (I’m not sure it needs a reason)

• Staying Alive 23rd January 2022 at 11:49 am

Our destiny.

• Tambos57 23rd January 2022 at 12:36 pm

Well A’s definitely out, I don’t think we’ve changed much as a ‘species’ since being on the planet. B, how long does it take the flees to evaluate us; so that’s out. C the same as B.

D maybe, who knows:)

Just live your life and try and enjoy what we can, when we can.

• Shirlann 23rd January 2022 at 1:13 pm

No idea and the way things are going not going to be around much longer 🤔😏

• Blauro 23rd January 2022 at 3:35 pm

All livings things on this planet have one goal and that is to survive, reproduce and continue their species.

At the moment, we are the dominant species.

I would like to add to the above comment that when it was posted, it was purely meant as a statement regarding the need for all living things to survive.
      Our desire to go on is the reason for our success as human beings. I wasn’t trying to compare that as a measure of success for childless couples! This was never my intention.
      Perhaps I should have taken the point further by saying that what does make us different as a species is that we are also capable of real love, we protect and teach our young, we provide assistance and take care of others, we are making unlimited progress in communication, methods of travel and in technology which, let’s face it, are limitless and providing we don’t ‘shoot ourselves in the foot’ who knows what the future holds for us.
      If my original comment caused anyone any upset or distress, please accept my sincere apology. I value the interaction I have with others on this site and I would not knowingly do, or say anything to jeopardise this.

• Flufff 23rd January 2022 at 6:52 pm

Thinking more about this, I’m wondering what the ‘end game’ is? If there is one? How can we achieve excellance if we do not know what it is? If we have to, that is? No wonder I cannot sleep properly at nights.

• Mo001 24th January 2022 at 8:01 am

This thread is the saddest one for me so far.
      (Other than posts ref bereavement)
      No reflection on you Flufff, I enjoy reading your posts.

I have quite a few friends, that do not have children.
      Some have had medical checks and discovered they can’t and decided to not take it any further.
      Some have gone down the IVF route a couple of times and it hasn’t been successful.
      And some for there own personal reasons have decided not to have children.

I think they are compassionate, successful people, who make a contribution to society.

But reading a couple of the comments on this thread, they are failures, which makes me cry.

• Linpap 24th January 2022 at 12:52 pm

Agreed some of my friends and my sister have not had children and they have had the time and energy to dedicate themselves to various worthwhile causes and to other people in their lives, they are some of the most interesting, fun, creative and caring individuals I know and make an extremely valuable contribution to society

• Mad Ralph 24th January 2022 at 1:21 pm

Jesus, talk about an overreaction to a hypothetical question 🙄
        Sorry I spoke.

• Flufff 24th January 2022 at 8:20 am

So sorry to hear how some comments on here have made you feel, Mo. Remember they are solely personal opinions which have been reacted to maybe instantaneously without thought of how they may make people feel. Certainly I would not prescribe to all and neither would most, I’m sure. Everyone in society has a role to play. We cannot all be blessed with fruit. The world would be a v boring place if we were all the same. Keep your pecker up. All of your friends on here love you. x 🙂

• Flufff 24th January 2022 at 8:46 am

p.m.’d 🙂

• N125 24th January 2022 at 12:13 pm

A laugh ? 😃

• SharronE 24th January 2022 at 1:30 pm

I’m hear to make memories for my children and family…. Given my wild dancing Saturday night, they have a few to chuckle over 🤣

Add